Login

russian armor

One week from release and still no official okw gameplay

PAGES (9)down
18 Jun 2014, 02:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2014, 18:22 PMVonIvan
Don't worry everyone, Relic's been making progress, just look at the amount of views this interview has gotten over the last few days!

I should also add this video was so exciting, I could barely move, literally, the hype was just shooting out of me. Best part was the beginning where they were talking about what they ate for breakfast. Those doughnuts aren't going to eat themselves.

I hope they love soups!! :snfBarton:
18 Jun 2014, 03:25 AM

I think everyone in alpha understands why there's been a lack of publicity, but of course we can't talk about it...

You will all understand soon. None of this reflects well on Relic, I'll say that. Disappointed, once more.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/FocrdgygG1Yhttp://youtu.be/FocrdgygG1Y[/youtube]
http://youtu.be/FocrdgygG1Y

Ah dammit how do you do video links right again...

18 Jun 2014, 03:37 AM

Now that is reallly bad...

I believe it was obvious that ladders, rep section will be closed for some time, it happened earlier with even small patches that rep section was disabled for some days even
18 Jun 2014, 05:55 AM

I think everyone in alpha understands why there's been a lack of publicity, but of course we can't talk about it...

You will all understand soon. None of this reflects well on Relic, I'll say that. Disappointed, once more.

The balance sucks?
18 Jun 2014, 08:50 AM
Patrion 14

We can't talk about it, but in my opinion the balance isn't a concern for most, and it will always be a conversation point, new bugs/balance holes will always be found, what matters is how Relic responds and how quickly.

Just wait for the 24th. Or when the NDA is finally lifted (never).
18 Jun 2014, 09:44 AM

You can talk about that as long as Relic don't know, just like laws. :p

I miss the Euro Truck Simulator. :(
18 Jun 2014, 12:09 PM
Donator 33

You will all understand soon.
Now this is how you do hype creation. After reading this I'm going to F5 until WFA comes out.
18 Jun 2014, 12:12 PM

Now this is how you do hype creation. After reading this I'm going to F5 until WFA comes out.

Agreed - although in this case it feels like a pessimistic hype :(
18 Jun 2014, 12:16 PM
Patrion 14

They should've created an open alpha, disregarding the problems, that's the biggest hype creator possible within this niche game.

Trying to make Relic understand decent marketing is very, very, very hard and it's bloody frustrating to see how they "handle" it.

NDA must be enforced, but keeping it right untill the day your product launches is quite absurd. 'Course they will say that the salesnumbers are "highly satisfying", keep in mind that COH2.ORG represents a relative small part of the player base. The loyal players who keep supporting their product,not the dudes who buy it, play 3 skirmishes and hop over to another game, only to play COH2 once every few weeks.

Still, its sucks, it's sad, I know they think to know what they are doing, but I'm appaled by the business/marketing strategy Relic is following.
18 Jun 2014, 12:45 PM

Yea, no one but relics know why they guard WFA secrets like it was Amber Chamber itself.

Knowing the state of WFA and knowing it remains under NDA makes me feel relic do not want people to talk about the game at all, which is even more weird as they have absolutely NOTHING to be ashamed of there currently.
18 Jun 2014, 12:53 PM
Patrion 14

The loyal players who keep supporting their product,not the dudes who buy it, play 3 skirmishes and hop over to another game, only to play COH2 once every few weeks.

Dude uncalled for. I watch SNF, and while I don't get a chance to play often I still love the game. I'm sorry I can't commit 24/7 to a COH, but I enjoy the hobby and like to try a variety of games. Some of us have lives and jobs you know. If we could all be as awesome as Cataclaw and play all the damn time I'm sure we would.

Yea, no one but relics know why they guard WFA secrets like it was Amber Chamber itself.

Knowing the state of WFA and knowing it remains under NDA makes me feel relic do not want people to talk about the game at all, which is even more weird as they have absolutely NOTHING to be ashamed of there currently.

Exactly this. People are frustrated because its amazing and they want to shout it from the rooftops, but Relic are saying "do that and we chop your balls off". People who break the NDA are treated like criminals and rightly so, but they are excited because of all the awesome shit Relic do. I feel like they completely misunderstand where everyone is coming from.
18 Jun 2014, 12:54 PM
Patrion 14

Apologies then, but I was talking about the large majority outside COH2.ORG :)
Hux
18 Jun 2014, 12:56 PM
Patrion 14

Tada. It is mislabeled on the Relic twitch page.
[twitch=relicentertainment]archive_id=536023767[/twitch]

1:10 - 1:30 in that video....

Paging Relic brand manager....

I want this expansion to bring new life, I really do. I want the Coh2 game and community to thrive like a know it can do but God-damnit it's so hard to be optimistic when things like this are handled in such an amateur way...

Even if that IT guy (who seems like a really nice guy for what its worth) doesn't know anything about the game, DON'T ANNOUNCE IT TO THE WORLD. Better yet, brief the poor guy before the stream goes live so he at least looks like he has some semblance of understanding the new content.

Its all well and good being completely obsessive about balancing, new content etc etc but they really need to re-evaluate the level of professionalism they apply to these updates.

18 Jun 2014, 12:57 PM
Benefactor 115

I'm fortunate enough to have played the alpha however if I didn't have access and a big fan of the series I would be treating this expansion with a lot of trepidation due to the lack of content showing off the new armies and then the OKW you tube video being deleted. Then you would have to consider their track record with expansions. One would think that they don't have much confidence in their product.

18 Jun 2014, 12:57 PM
Patrion 14

It's ok, you just touched a nerve. Sorry I went off on one. Elitism is one of the worst parts of playing video games, and the reason I never visited GameReplays. It also kills getting new folks into the game, which is exactly what we need to do more.

And of course, I love COH2.org. Such a great site ^_^ Getting the people who don't know about the site here and involved is another great way to build the game up.. such love for COH2. Ami's statement about the NDA tying their hands is perhaps the saddest thing I've heard all week. Was expecting Relic to really be boosting you guys and in turn you guys running weekend 1 tournaments.
18 Jun 2014, 12:58 PM
Patrion 14

Yeah sure I understand you, I should've stated that in a different way :)
18 Jun 2014, 13:06 PM

Speaking of the lack of info, after seeing this:

http://blogs.companyofheroes.com/2014/06/17/coh2-the-western-front-armies-unit-profile-m8-greyhound/#more-1036

I can see why NDA is still in place.
Alpha testers can find out themselves, rest can hype for another unit.
18 Jun 2014, 13:09 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Im still mad about that horrendous OKW stream.
18 Jun 2014, 15:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2014, 13:06 PMKatitof
Speaking of the lack of info, after seeing this:

http://blogs.companyofheroes.com/2014/06/17/coh2-the-western-front-armies-unit-profile-m8-greyhound/#more-1036

I can see why NDA is still in place.
Alpha testers can find out themselves, rest can hype for another unit.

Okay, that can't be right. I mean they STILL haven't corrected the M4A3 Sherman picture in the unit profile.
18 Jun 2014, 15:15 PM

Actually all the complaining about marketing and NDA makes me feel like WFA will have a huge success!! You are all just too eager to try the game.

I am already happy they gave a lot of current CoH experts access to the alpha probably improving the gaming experience we will face!

Heads up relic & sega!
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight