Login

russian armor

One week from release and still no official okw gameplay

PAGES (9)down
17 Jun 2014, 09:19 AM

Is this a plot? And why the streamed one got deleted?
17 Jun 2014, 09:43 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Well they didn't saved the US Forces Gameplay either so? Bitchin 'bout nothin
17 Jun 2014, 10:18 AM

Well they didn't saved the US Forces Gameplay either so? Bitchin 'bout nothin

I've been searching for information regarding the expansion recently ... and well there is this footage of the US faction.:
Relic Twitch: US forces ~ 30.05.2014

Couldn't find and equivalent for the new German faction.
17 Jun 2014, 10:46 AM

Relics marketing simply sucks.
They know nothing about getting their player base excited.
Everything is NDA here and secret there.
Now it's too late. GG Relic.
17 Jun 2014, 11:14 AM
Patrion 14

Yeah their marketing is horrible. Which is a shame, a bigger playerbase wouldn't be a bad thing. I'm still excited for WF though :)
17 Jun 2014, 11:17 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2014, 10:18 AMMadok

I've been searching for information regarding the expansion recently ... and well there is this footage of the US faction.:
Relic Twitch: US forces ~ 30.05.2014

Couldn't find and equivalent for the new German faction.

Well this is awkward...:huhsign:
17 Jun 2014, 11:19 AM
17 Jun 2014, 11:24 AM

Relics marketing simply sucks.
They know nothing about getting their player base excited.
Everything is NDA here and secret there.
Now it's too late. GG Relic.

They've missed a HUGE chance.
Well played relic.

Oh wait
17 Jun 2014, 11:28 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Tada. It is mislabeled on the Relic twitch page.
[twitch=relicentertainment]archive_id=536023767[/twitch]
17 Jun 2014, 12:00 PM

Patience is a virtue.
17 Jun 2014, 13:56 PM

I guess, no money no marketing or the 5 year plan does not include marketing!
It is the only plausible reason.
If not, then they suck badly, so much that I stop writing now in fear that I will get to emotional and write something that I will regret.
17 Jun 2014, 14:22 PM

This game is so good it sells itself. Over a 1000 players online at the moment.
17 Jun 2014, 14:51 PM

Patience is a virtue.

This is not about play the game before release, this is about to know what you gonna buy
17 Jun 2014, 14:53 PM

I don't mean to call names to Relic personnel but the folks at marketing really needs a lesson, cuz info + promotion for WFA is almost non-existant while 1 year ago we had this huge beta week and the NDA was nowhere as draconian as now.
17 Jun 2014, 15:35 PM
Benefactor 115

While they spent a lot of time with websites and game journos discussing TWFA I believe that their dedicated fan base can do a better job of creating word of mouth about TWFA through video and forum posts if there was no NDA. Most of the articles I read were not that exciting more, most of them kept asking about the whole THQ / Sega thing or DoW3 (lolz) rather than your up coming release.

The unit reveals are a good idea but they could have done that when the expansion was announced and revealed one unit per week. Even if the unit design isn't finalised you can easily mention that development is still early and things are subject to change.

If there was no NDA on the alpha and people were allowed to stream fans not fortunate enough to get into to alpha could see the game and more importantly see the massive improvements being made with every iteration, which shows that you are listening to fan feedback and improving the game.

The audio recording blog post was a great insight into the development for the expansion but I feel their could have been more blog posts from other sections such as the artists creating the vehicles or the uniform designers or even videos of the voice recording sessions like in DoW2 etc.

Journalists reach an audience but I find that most of them do a mediocre job at showcasing many games in a good light. Not like the developers can who know their game better than anyone. One of the most amazing things I saw this E3 was the Nintendo treehouse where the localisation team cut out the media middle men and had a constant stream all week showcasing their games directly to their fans and because the localisation team was very well informed on the products they were showcasing they did an amazing job which resulted in them being mentioned in 47% of the tweets made during the event. http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a578234/e3-2014-nintendo-dominates-social-media-conversation-on-twitter.html

TL;DR your dedicated fan base and yourselves can do a much better job at advertising your products than the gaming press. Provided that you give your fan base the opportunity to create content.
17 Jun 2014, 15:52 PM

While they spent a lot of time with websites and game journos discussing TWFA I believe that their dedicated fan base can do a better job of creating word of mouth about TWFA through video and forum posts if there was no NDA. Most of the articles I read were not that exciting more, most of them kept asking about the whole THQ / Sega thing or DoW3 (lolz) rather than your up coming release.

The unit reveals are a good idea but they could have done that when the expansion was announced and revealed one unit per week. Even if the unit design isn't finalised you can easily mention that development is still early and things are subject to change.

If there was no NDA on the alpha and people were allowed to stream fans not fortunate enough to get into to alpha could see the game and more importantly see the massive improvements being made with every iteration, which shows that you are listening to fan feedback and improving the game.

The audio recording blog post was a great insight into the development for the expansion but I feel their could have been more blog posts from other sections such as the artists creating the vehicles or the uniform designers or even videos of the voice recording sessions like in DoW2 etc.

Journalists reach an audience but I find that most of them do a mediocre job at showcasing many games in a good light. Not like the developers can who know their game better than anyone. One of the most amazing things I saw this E3 was the Nintendo treehouse where the localisation team cut out the media middle men and had a constant stream all week showcasing their games directly to their fans and because the localisation team was very well informed on the products they were showcasing they did an amazing job which resulted in them being mentioned in 47% of the tweets made during the event. http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a578234/e3-2014-nintendo-dominates-social-media-conversation-on-twitter.html

TL;DR your dedicated fan base and yourselves can do a much better job at advertising your products than the gaming press. Provided that you give your fan base the opportunity to create content.

+1 IpKai spittin' da troof.

On a serious note: Great post, totally agree, would love to stream WFA for people.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS