Login

russian armor

The Western Front Armies and CoH2 future

9 Jun 2014, 12:16 PM

You guys always get so held up on real life statistics. Causualty lists and real life effectiveness don't really mean anything in balancing and creating an in game faction. The only thing that matters is veriety in vehicles and tactics.

The only way these type of one sided battles you talk about would happen in the real game is if the soviet player was for some reason given 12 T34/85s for every one chi-nu the Japanese has. Which is just rediculous and Relic would never do that.
9 Jun 2014, 14:31 PM

^
You should buy Men of War series and try the Japanese then. It's great fun, but it's pretty much stretching the fantasy stuff.

Much of the Japanese equipment park are prototypes.
9 Jun 2014, 15:04 PM

^
You should buy Men of War series and try the Japanese then. It's great fun, but it's pretty much stretching the fantasy stuff.

well its not that coh 2 adheres to 100% historical accuracy. after all we got pershings ostwinds and p2 lynx which where nearly unavailable
9 Jun 2014, 15:09 PM

Yeah, I know. The Ostwind, SturmTiger, JagdTiger, PzII Luchs, were ultra rare.

I guess it's a matter of degree. MoW Japanese faction- most of their vehicles and some of their artillery equipment are prototypes.

9 Jun 2014, 15:31 PM

^

Yes Men of War, very clearly shows that the Japanese faction very viable. This is a very interesting and fun game, but its outdated and buggy engine spoils all.
in COH2 recruited an army of rare techniques.
Elephants was released 90 pieces, 39 pieces were destroyed, in the battle of Kursk, the Red Army captured 10 pieces, where my elephant? Why can not I call an army of elephants playing in the USSR?
So that Japan can do.
9 Jun 2014, 15:38 PM

I've played men of war plenty. They used a lot of the prototypes for that game, but that's also mostly because they don't have abilities and has more realistic machanics then COH. If COH added them they wouldn't even need to go that far if they used the abilities and structures well, but I wouldn't mind seeing a few prototypes.

The guys who make world of tanks actually found out that one of the prototype medium tanks they had built the chassis for was planned to have a autoloading gun. Would be cool to have such a unique unit in the game.

Edit: Here is the source on the autoloading Chi-Ri: http://ftr-wot.blogspot.com/2013/05/chi-ri-imperial-japans-most-advanced.html
9 Jun 2014, 15:44 PM

The problem is most of Japan's good tanks never saw combat at all, they had been saving them for the allied invasion. Even then, their best tank was basically a weaker Sherman.
9 Jun 2014, 15:48 PM

All of the rare german tanks at least saw combat in WW2.The japanese prototype tanks did not see any combat in WW2.
9 Jun 2014, 15:49 PM

The problem is most of Japan's good tanks never saw combat at all, they had been saving them for the allied invasion. Even then, their best tank was basically a weaker Sherman.
That's enough for a base faction though. They would be axis so the heaviest vehicle they will have to face is the seldom IS-2.
9 Jun 2014, 15:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jun 2014, 15:48 PMAffe
All of the rare german tanks at least saw combat in WW2.The japanese prototype tanks did not see any combat in WW2.
So? It's not that big of a stretch considering they will be fighting next to germans against combined soviet and american enemies.
9 Jun 2014, 15:55 PM

The way I see it, if we're going to be adding prototypes and tanks that never saw combat, then I want T-44's and Maus tanks for Soviet and German!
9 Jun 2014, 15:58 PM

The way I see it, if we're going to be adding prototypes and tanks that never saw combat, then I want T-44's and Maus tanks for Soviet and German!

I m looking Forward to see the "Landkreuzer":

9 Jun 2014, 16:01 PM

But those are just ridiculous. Those factions have enough weapons that they don't need to dip into prototypes. There is a difference between adding prototypes to round out a faction lacking in a certain role so we can have something unique and adding lol units to faction that have more then enough unused units to choose from.
9 Jun 2014, 16:03 PM
Patrion 14

How about we all just get back on topic here lads? :)
9 Jun 2014, 16:07 PM

But those are just ridiculous. Those factions have enough weapons that they don't need to dip into prototypes. There is a difference between adding prototypes to round out a faction lacking in a certain role so we can have something unique and adding lol units to faction that have more then enough unused units to choose from.

It s unfair that Japan can get prototypes but the other factions not.If Japan gets prototypes i want the "Haunebu" Prototype for the Germans for aircraft attacks:
9 Jun 2014, 16:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jun 2014, 12:02 PMAffe

Oh yeah build a suicide bomb truck drive near an IS-2, push the suicide I-Win-Button and IS-2 is destroyed.great you don t need any skills or tactic just ram the IS-2 with suicide truck. Sound like A LOT of fun.

It wouldn't necessarily be an insta-win- it could be like a more vulnerable t-34 ram.
9 Jun 2014, 16:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jun 2014, 16:09 PMrappit

It wouldn't necessarily be an insta-win- it could be like a more vulnerable t-34 ram.

Suicide trucks full of TNT that is what the game desperately needs............Who Needs boring tank vs tanks battles if you can have suicide truck vs tank...........
9 Jun 2014, 16:21 PM

japan could work in COH 3, in the sense that if it played vs US that was made for the pacific , and tanks like the sherman would be expensive, late game units.

You could make up the entire japanese army out of prototypes sure, but i prefer my games to have a little bit of authenticity.

You could also make the entire japanese army full of gimmicks (suicide trucks, kamikaze attacks, banzai, super defensive gameplay) but who would like to play againts that? Not alot of people enjoyed the way brits worked in coh, would you want something similar except EVEN more trucky and defensive?

Unfortunately, theres not much to add in terms of factions from different countries in WW2, starting from june 24th, we will pretty much have all the major factions put it.

If there ever is another expansion for coh 2 (why not), i'm putting my hopes for either the british or a soviet gaurds faction ( there are litteraly tons of soviet vehicles that are not in the game yet)
9 Jun 2014, 17:08 PM

The third allied faction will most likely be the brits. The only question is who will they be facing. I'd be happy with anything other then a third german faction. They are supposed to be the axis after all, not three shades of deutsch.
9 Jun 2014, 17:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jun 2014, 16:21 PMBurts
japan could work in COH 3, in the sense that if it played vs US that was made for the pacific , and tanks like the sherman would be expensive, late game units.

You could make up the entire japanese army out of prototypes sure, but i prefer my games to have a little bit of authenticity.

You could also make the entire japanese army full of gimmicks (suicide trucks, kamikaze attacks, banzai, super defensive gameplay) but who would like to play againts that? Not alot of people enjoyed the way brits worked in coh, would you want something similar except EVEN more trucky and defensive?

Unfortunately, theres not much to add in terms of factions from different countries in WW2, starting from june 24th, we will pretty much have all the major factions put it.

If there ever is another expansion for coh 2 (why not), i'm putting my hopes for either the british or a soviet gaurds faction ( there are litteraly tons of soviet vehicles that are not in the game yet)

Japan would not work with the CoH2 system. CoH2 is advanced tank battling and strategic use of support weaponry. Lets focus on Europe, there are still many soviet tanks and infantry sections missing, and the USSR had a lot of enemies. There is also Afrika, for the British and other axis forces.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★