Login

russian armor

Hands on Western Fronts Armies

PAGES (75)down
4 Jun 2014, 06:38 AM

The Pathfinder is the American sniper (doctrinal), it is stated in the video. I thought it looked more like a 5 man G43 squad. He mentioned something about RNG giving a bonus with the unit. Still, that's pretty good and the squad wasn't expensive either.

Thought they were four man, (they are), and they have practically nothing for AT. A good replacement for the sniper without being too stupid, but having use in all stages of the game.

4 MAN 4 MAN 4 MAN <-----

-_-
4 Jun 2014, 06:46 AM

So, if we were having troubles when facing a 2 man sniper squad, and they create a 5 man squad?

anyway, it is still doctrinal, atm we know 3 US commanders. I don't like the way this game is becoming when they add more commanders / special units.

I have the feeling that the game have more doctrine units than vanilla ones, and there should be almost a counter for everything with the vanilla units. Otherwise, people will carry and pick the OP commanders.
4 Jun 2014, 06:48 AM
Patrion 14

The Pathfinder is the American sniper (doctrinal), it is stated in the video. I thought it looked more like a 5 man G43 squad. He mentioned something about RNG giving a bonus with the unit. Still, that's pretty good and the squad wasn't expensive either.

I pretty much had the same impression.
The rifles did quite good damage over a longer distance, comparable to the prepatch g43.
4 Jun 2014, 06:48 AM

So, if we were having troubles when facing a 2 man sniper squad, and they create a 5 man squad?

You're not listening, they aren't Snipers in the traditional sense. They're more like old Vet 2 Grenadiers with G43 upgrade.
4 Jun 2014, 06:52 AM

You're not listening, they aren't Snipers in the traditional sense. They're more like old Vet 2 Grenadiers with G43 upgrade.

Frankly, im getting annoyed as well. The days of snipers shall not continue. One man being able to kill one model per shot wasnt a good idea. So there is a four man squad that is doctrinal with no AT, and has a high chance of killing squads easily, but can be killed by storming it with two squads, or simply by using vehicles. Therefore, you are more evenly matched when using other squads. At least that is the assumption, since they performed like g43 grenadiers from march deployment.
4 Jun 2014, 06:56 AM

The rear echelon is a tier 0 unit and the american starter unit. It can't lay mines no matter what. The US factions are lacking in mines and their only mine layer is the M20 which only has an anti tank mine. Which means they have no non-doctrinal AI mine at all.

Really some posts before I saw US got the combat engineers armed with Grease gun, my impression is that US will be like the old Brit, u have to tech to T1 or T2 to get Engineer (sapper) to lay mines. No way Relic can create a faction with no access to AI mines.
4 Jun 2014, 07:02 AM

Really some posts before I saw US got the combat engineers armed with Grease gun, my impression is that US will be like the old Brit, u have to tech to T1 or T2 to get Engineer (sapper) to lay mines. No way Relic can create a faction with no access to AI mines.

They just did... they dont need AI mines. That is what infantry and heavy ai power tanks are for... i dont understand why people are in denial and compare WFA to vCoH factions... THEY ARENT THE SAME. Watch the stream again, and hear it word by word. The weapons racks in the base are there for a reason. Every unit can grab them for a reason.
4 Jun 2014, 08:36 AM

Or you can listen to the alpha tester who has been playing with them for the past 3 weeks when I say: No, they do not have access to an non-doctrinal AI mine.

All factions have disatvantages. Considering all the great things you've learned about the Americans so far is it really that odd to learn they lack something.
4 Jun 2014, 08:53 AM

Are OKW units still under DNA?
4 Jun 2014, 08:54 AM

They just did... they dont need AI mines. That is what infantry and heavy ai power tanks are for... i dont understand why people are in denial and compare WFA to vCoH factions... THEY ARENT THE SAME. Watch the stream again, and hear it word by word. The weapons racks in the base are there for a reason. Every unit can grab them for a reason.

Okay I see, one question, can US inf unequip their weapons from the rack, like if I have rifleman with 2 BAR, can I switch to 2 bazooka? And the medic ambulance, to make it heal inf around do I have to pay muni to activate its ability each time, like the old casualty clearing station?
4 Jun 2014, 08:58 AM

Okay I see, one question, can US inf unequip their weapons from the rack, like if I have rifleman with 2 BAR, can I switch to 2 bazooka?
No they are just like regular upgrades. You can't get rid of them unless they drop.
4 Jun 2014, 09:00 AM

Are OKW units still under DNA?
No, not yet. The list hasn't changed at all yet.
4 Jun 2014, 09:03 AM

When will beta test begin?
4 Jun 2014, 11:09 AM

Personally, I don't like the idea of not having snipers in american side, it is a mandatory unit.

In CoH1 maybe.
4 Jun 2014, 11:11 AM

In CoH1 maybe.

Yeah, what can I say, Panzer Elite was full of snipers.
4 Jun 2014, 11:21 AM

Yeah, what can I say, Panzer Elite was full of snipers.

What I can say, PE was not part of US(read what you quote-all of it).
4 Jun 2014, 12:08 PM
Patrion 14

What the hell are you guys complaining about? Most of you haven't yet played the Alpha. And its still Alpha.. Lots of changes can still be made. Just be patience and wait for the Beta or until it goes Live..
4 Jun 2014, 12:11 PM

Obvious I was drunk and talking about COH1 yesterday. :p
4 Jun 2014, 13:31 PM

The US Armored Company has 'Assault Engineer' call-in. If USA doesn't have non doc aI mines, then maybe this unit has it.

It might be NDA but I'd like to know what this unit can do other than use Grease Guns.

4 Jun 2014, 14:46 PM

Yea that's NDA, sorry.
PAGES (75)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment