Login

russian armor

Hands on Western Fronts Armies

PAGES (75)down
3 Jun 2014, 22:49 PM

Yeah but they have that instant-pinning ability showed off in the stream.

Besides, it's gonna look real silly when rifles are pinning MG 42 armed Grenadiers.

The mg42 easily outranges them, shredding them to pieces. Distance is key.

On a side note, i completely forgot Sturmpioneers cannot build cache. Also, rear echelon vet 2 ability is extremely interesting....
3 Jun 2014, 23:05 PM

OKW doesn't have caches, they have Trucks.

I wonder if they're better than supply trucks.
3 Jun 2014, 23:38 PM

OKW doesn't have caches, they have Trucks.

I wonder if they're better than supply trucks.

do they have stuka mg strafe aswell? heh
3 Jun 2014, 23:57 PM

Do all units of the OKW can go up to vet 5? Or is it under the NDA thingy...?
4 Jun 2014, 02:24 AM

I'm surprised that no one has noticed that rear echelon don't have mines.
4 Jun 2014, 02:39 AM

I actually did, i was just more interested in OKW. M20 is a good way to sneak American AT mines around, and riflemen can plant mines doctrinally (cant tell if they will be AI, though)
4 Jun 2014, 03:28 AM

So now looks like US need to tech to get engineer to lay mines like the old Brit with the Sapper. With Engineer in Tier II (or III?) US will be super vulnerable to mines. OKW get the universal mines so now I think both Allied and Axis side each will have 1 faction using universal mines(Soviet-OKW), the other using 2 types of mine(US-Ost).
4 Jun 2014, 03:37 AM

So now looks like US need to tech to get engineer to lay mines like the old Brit with the Sapper. With Engineer in Tier II (or III?) US will be super vulnerable to mines. OKW get the universal mines so now I think both Allied and Axis side each will have 1 faction using universal mines(Soviet-OKW), the other using 2 types of mine(US-Ost).

Americans are not Brits. Go to CoHOfficial on Youtube, and watch Relic's uploaded stream. All first core units for all factions are engineers that can upgrade to have mine detectors. Everyone has an equal chance ar countering mines, the argument is which mines are better.
4 Jun 2014, 04:01 AM
Patrion 27

They get fighting positions, tank traps and wire right away. As far as I can tell OKW has no early counter to fighting positions.
4 Jun 2014, 05:18 AM

They get fighting positions, tank traps and wire right away. As far as I can tell OKW has no early counter to fighting positions.
They do, I don't know why you would make that assumption when you only know a quarter of their roster.
4 Jun 2014, 05:23 AM

The rear echelon is a tier 0 unit and the american starter unit. It can't lay mines no matter what. The US factions are lacking in mines and their only mine layer is the M20 which only has an anti tank mine. Which means they have no non-doctrinal AI mine at all.
4 Jun 2014, 05:29 AM

Yeah but they have that instant-pinning ability showed off in the stream.

While active, the targeted squad slowly becomes suppressed.

And then some people think why I do think of certain players as absolute retards if they can't even comprehend simple english lines.
4 Jun 2014, 05:38 AM

And then some people think why I do think of certain players as absolute retards if they can't even comprehend simple english lines.

Why must you be so hostile? I was only going by what I saw in the stream. -_-
4 Jun 2014, 05:45 AM

For the record, the AI did not know what Americans were, so the grenadier squad suicided into the engi, first by getting suppressed and eventually pinned within 3 seconds.
4 Jun 2014, 05:48 AM

A habit... and even on stream you can clearly see it was not instant at all.
4 Jun 2014, 06:29 AM

What about snipers on all factions?

I'm not sure but I think there is no Sniper unit in american faction.
What about OKW ?

Personally, I don't like the idea of not having snipers in american side, it is a mandatory unit.
4 Jun 2014, 06:31 AM
Patrion 14

From what i heard, im not sure tho, pathfinders replace the role of the sniper for the us?
4 Jun 2014, 06:32 AM

Americans are not Brits. Go to CoHOfficial on Youtube, and watch Relic's uploaded stream. All first core units for all factions are engineers that can upgrade to have mine detectors. Everyone has an equal chance ar countering mines, the argument is which mines are better.

Rear echelon can detect mines but looks like they can not lay mines. US in COH2 is of course different from Brits but they have some similarities, like officers, tank gives vet aura, late access to mines.
4 Jun 2014, 06:33 AM

What about snipers on all factions?

I'm not sure but I think there is no Sniper unit in american faction.
What about OKW ?

Personally, I don't like the idea of not having snipers in american side, it is a mandatory unit.

Because we all know the situation with snipers is perfect. Americans have doctrinal "snipers", the torchbearers for drop zones who are really good at recon and ranging other units. Whats broken shouldnt be repeated.
4 Jun 2014, 06:34 AM

The Pathfinder is the American sniper (doctrinal), it is stated in the video. I thought it looked more like a 5 man G43 squad. He mentioned something about RNG giving a bonus with the unit. Still, that's pretty good and the squad wasn't expensive either.
PAGES (75)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

unknown 37
United States 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %