Login

russian armor

Hands on Western Fronts Armies

PAGES (75)down
1 Jun 2014, 19:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jun 2014, 19:16 PMAffe
I would like to see a faction that is based on tank hunters, good infantry and maybe Flak 88 as a Pak replacement instead of adding old stuff from the Ostheer again to a new faction.This would be different then a Panzer IV or Panther again but "different" doesn t mean automatically bad.

Basically you want the Panzer Elite.
1 Jun 2014, 19:25 PM

Basically you want the Panzer Elite.

Panzer Elite = something new in CoH2.
Ostheer clone with Panzer IV and Panther = something we already have.

Maybe OKW should also get Stug, Brumbar and Ostwind as stock Units? Don t add something new to the 2nd german faction!!!!Just clone the Ostheer!!!!
1 Jun 2014, 19:31 PM

^^

The Puma has 160 penetration, 120 damage, 50 range and is basically a more flexible version of the Marder III in practice. (paper armor, good penetration)

The Jagdpanzer IV L/70 (German SU-85) is much better than the Hetzer, Marder, or Stug III/IV.
1 Jun 2014, 19:43 PM

^^

The Puma has 160 penetration, 120 damage, 50 range and is basically a more flexible version of the Marder III in practice. (paper armor, good penetration)

The Jagdpanzer IV L/70 (German SU-85) is much better than the Hetzer, Marder, or Stug III/IV.

Jagdpanzer IV/70 has the same gun like the panther so he could be the OKWs new "Panther" in T4.And the Hetzer could be the OKWs "Panzer IV" in T3. Of course they don t have a turret but i m sure you could Balance and compensate this with the OKWs infantry and AT guns.(or Puma)

This is a much better idea than give OKW Panzer IV and Panther as stock Units again and make them an Ostheer clone. I just saw all These Panzer IV and Panthers on the screenshots and am afraid that relic makes an ostheer clone out of the OKW instead of adding tanks we havent seen yet.

1 Jun 2014, 19:49 PM

They showed the panzer IV's (different variants than Ost) and panthers because they didnt
want to reveal too much about the unique new units.
1 Jun 2014, 19:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jun 2014, 19:25 PMAffe

Maybe OKW should also get Stug, Brumbar and Ostwind as stock Units? Don t add something new to the 2nd german faction!!!!Just clone the Ostheer!!!!

Oh quit crying like a bloody baby. It's one unit, the Panther tank, which was used in high numbers in the Ardennes and would be odd to design an army around that fight without one. I don't count the Panzer IV because the versions we get are clearly distinct from the ones Ostheer uses. I suppose next you'll say they should have Gewehr 98's because Ostheer already used Karabiner 98's?
1 Jun 2014, 20:09 PM

Oh quit crying like a bloody baby. It's one unit, the Panther tank, which was used in high numbers in the Ardennes and would be odd to design an army around that fight without one. I don't count the Panzer IV because the versions we get are clearly distinct from the ones Ostheer uses. I suppose next you'll say they should have Gewehr 98's because Ostheer already used Karabiner 98's?

1 Jun 2014, 20:38 PM

I guess we'll see in week how the OKW is actually structured.

Overall, I believe that the developers won't put interchangeable (and thus redundant) non-doctrinal units in their faction concepts.

OKW definitely is a 'late game strong' faction and the Panther is likely to be slotted there.

Mid game to me is still speculative.
1 Jun 2014, 21:04 PM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jun 2014, 20:09 PMAffe

You aren't in Alpha so anything you say is blind speculation and hysteria.
1 Jun 2014, 21:11 PM

You aren't in Alpha so anything you say is blind speculation and hysteria.

and so as coh2player :(

at least what he said is quite unfortunate in reality :(
1 Jun 2014, 21:52 PM

How close am I about the mid-game?
1 Jun 2014, 21:57 PM

How close am I about the mid-game?

I guess OKW in 1v1 is decent in early game, excellent in mid game, utterly trash in late game, despite of their intended design.

However it is a teamgame with Ostheer involved, things can be different, a lot.
1 Jun 2014, 22:12 PM

I can see how that can happen, since you have the option of hoarding the entire game until you get one super-tank, or just playing normally but never getting any super weapons which kinda dulls the light they shined on them.
1 Jun 2014, 22:43 PM

I guess OKW in 1v1 is decent in early game, excellent in mid game, utterly trash in late game, despite of their intended design.

However it is a teamgame with Ostheer involved, things can be different, a lot.

I thought OKW would be relatively weak early but would dominate the late game because of there King Kong(KT)- and Godzilla-tanks(Jagdzilla).

Well but the Balance of course isn t finished yet and will Change a lot in the future.

But i liked how the OKW should be designed: A faction that have Troubles to survive early and mid game but have a big Punching comeback in late game.
1 Jun 2014, 23:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jun 2014, 22:43 PMAffe

I thought OKW would be relatively weak early but would dominate the late game because of there King Kong(KT)- and Godzilla-tanks(Jagdzilla).

Well but the Balance of course isn t finished yet and will Change a lot in the future.

But i liked how the OKW should be designed: A faction that have Troubles to survive early and mid game but have a big Punching comeback in late game.

LMAO!!! Never noticed that, gj.
1 Jun 2014, 23:34 PM

I can see how that can happen, since you have the option of hoarding the entire game until you get one super-tank, or just playing normally but never getting any super weapons which kinda dulls the light they shined on them.

Because KT is just KT, exactly what you expect what a fatter cat can be, and strumtiger......
Please wait Relic release and explain this.
1 Jun 2014, 23:55 PM

^^

What I'm largely getting from this is that the OKW late game is probably 'unaffordable' and sturmtigers, jagdtigers, king tigers are formidable but probably hard to get due to the resource penalties implied by the vision statement. Panthers should cost a bundle as well as they do already in Ostheer.

Personally, I hope having the Jagdpanzer IV, walking stuka and infantry is cost effective enough for me in 3 weeks... :) That is probably what I want to use.
2 Jun 2014, 00:03 AM

To me it's sounding like OKW won't get it's full fill unless you're in a team game with Ostheer, which hopefully won't be too strong a combination.
2 Jun 2014, 00:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jun 2014, 19:25 PMAffe

I'm not 100% on the limits of what I'm allowed to talk about, but I think I'm pretty safe in saying that the OKW are not just an Ostheer clone.
2 Jun 2014, 00:11 AM

To me it's sounding like OKW won't get it's full fill unless you're in a team game with Ostheer, which hopefully won't be too strong a combination.

Yeah, that makes sense. It was like that in vcoh, too.

Soviets complementing USA

Ostheer complementing OKW

Maybe OKW has middling early, good mid game, poor late game, and good late, late game? We know that Ostheer has good late game already in team games.
PAGES (75)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS