Login

russian armor

Hands on Western Fronts Armies

PAGES (75)down
1 Jun 2014, 03:08 AM

^^

The US has 30 cal. machineguns for 60 munitions at the weapons locker....I suspect that they are between maxims and Mg42s.

There is also the 50 cal. MG for the airborne.

The OKW/US have heavier weapons: manhandled pack 75mm howie/75mm infantry gun instead of mortars.

The Pathfinders are the US version of the sniper.

Practically doctrinal snipers... that sounds like a familiar suggestion... (I interpret them as G43 American troops in terms of attacking other squads)
1 Jun 2014, 03:29 AM

^
Out of the essential core non doc abilities, the US appears to be missing:

1. mobile AT guns
2. Snipers

This is just like PE/CW from OF.

I dont' know yet, but it seems to me that the US squads can carry more than one purchase. I saw Psquieh buy two BARs for one squad in the twitch.

The same may apply to bazookas (60 muni each)- so squads may have more than one bazooka and maybe even a mix of munitions cache weapons.

I think US forces early/mid game will be 'bazooka'ed' up the wahzoo..
1 Jun 2014, 03:54 AM

i saw transparency through trees... this is awesome, however i would like to know that is it possible to see the number of weapons equipped on a squad through the stat counter?

secondly how many weapon slots are available per squad?
1 Jun 2014, 03:54 AM

^
Out of the essential core non doc abilities, the US appears to be missing:

1. mobile AT guns
2. Snipers

This is just like PE/CW from OF.

I dont' know yet, but it seems to me that the US squads can carry more than one purchase. I saw Psquieh buy two BARs for one squad in the twitch.

The same may apply to bazookas (60 muni each)- so squads may have more than one bazooka and maybe even a mix of munitions cache weapons.

That is the point, and essentially, every infantry squad can take a weapon, and as many weapons as they want, as long as there are enough munitions and squad members. Americans highly stress versatility of a core unit. One unit can have many roles. The basic engineer squad has an ability to pin a squad, which is pretty darn amazing. In the sense that Ost has a heavy muni reliance for upgrades, Americans also have that creed, and in the sense that Soviets rely on tanks to lead advances, Americans also have that need. Americans are a mix of heavy muni and fuel purchases, but not heavy as in every purchase is super expensive. It is in the way of many moderate costing fuel and muni purchases. I also noticed Americans don't seem to have too many units that cost a high amount of manpower. Everything is neither expensive, nor cheap, but everything is rather hard hitting, and rather durable.
1 Jun 2014, 03:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jun 2014, 03:54 AMSmaug
i saw transparency through trees... this is awesome, however i would like to know that is it possible to see the number of weapons equipped on a squad through the stat counter?

secondly how many weapon slots are available per squad?

I am not completely sure. Ive had a conscript squad with 4 lmg's before, so im not 100% sure that a squad can max out on upgraded weapons. I think some squads can max out completely, but some have a limit depending on their current upgrade, but I might be wrong and there is only a squad member limit.
1 Jun 2014, 04:00 AM

I am not completely sure. Ive had a conscript squad with 4 lmg's before, so im not 100% sure that a squad can max out on upgraded weapons. I think some squads can max out completely, but some have a limit depending on their current upgrade, but I might be wrong and there is only a squad member limit.

so you can have a maxed out (5-6) bar squad as a dedicated anti infantry unit? if so does it increase the chance of the squad dropping stuff?
1 Jun 2014, 04:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jun 2014, 04:00 AMSmaug

so you can have a maxed out (5-6) bar squad as a dedicated anti infantry unit? if so does it increase the chance of the squad dropping stuff?

Paratroopers are the only American squad with 6 men free to pick up weapons (At least that was what i was told). And yes, the more guns a squad has, the higher the chance for it to drop weapons. Take a dp upgraded guards squad for example...
1 Jun 2014, 04:07 AM

You cannot have 5 or 6 BARs on a squad. I won't go into the specifics for fear of breaking NDA but suffice it to say that there is a max number of weapons that a squad can pick up - at least for USF, and I assume all other infantry squads once the expansion launches (but perhaps Cons can still pick up as many weapons as they want, I'm not sure on this actually)
1 Jun 2014, 04:17 AM

^
Even if the limit is just 2... getting 1-2 bazookas for all veteran infantry, rear echelon, etc. is pretty radical.

1 Jun 2014, 04:27 AM

I assume that would leave them vulnerable to LMG armed Grenadiers, Panzergrenadiers, Flame Pioneers, OKW Sturmpioneers, and whatever else OKW has.
1 Jun 2014, 04:33 AM

^
maybe 1 BAR and 1 Bazooka each? This reminds me of Guards Rifle, except the bazookas are better against tanks.
1 Jun 2014, 04:37 AM

Americans seem like the faction in which everything is going to be stolen from them. I feel like we will see many times where the enemy picks up stolen Bazookas and LMG's, as well as vehicles and crewed weapons. It would be a sight to see Germans loosely armed with American weaponry.
1 Jun 2014, 06:42 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Isn´t it 2 non droppable weapons for the Germans (you could get G43 and LMG42 before) and 3/4 weapons for the soviets?

I can´t remember how much weapons a PPSH con could pick up or if a DP28 upgraded Guard could pick any other weapon.
1 Jun 2014, 06:47 AM

Rifles can only hold 2 weapons, I'm not to sure about airborne though, but I would assume maybe 3. So no you can't have 5 bars loaded onto one squad. You can give them 2 bars, 2 bazookas, or one each but that's also worth a lot of munitions. Completely upgrading all your squads will leave you short for other abilities or upgrades.

As for the LMG, when rifles are equiped with them they also get the ability to hold a defensive positions. They can lock down and will start providing a bit of suppression at what they fire at. It can't be activated in the middle of battle though. I'm pretty sure all of this is covered under Riflemen.
1 Jun 2014, 06:53 AM

Ah, thanks. But US soldiers overall will be the best outfitted units with their ability to obtain 3 different kinds of weaponry (LMG doctrinal). Which still leaves the highest chance for them to drop their gear.
1 Jun 2014, 07:13 AM

so how does OKW vs soviets feel??
1 Jun 2014, 07:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jun 2014, 07:13 AMBurts
so how does OKW vs soviets feel??
Can't talk balance.
1 Jun 2014, 07:27 AM

Ah, thanks. But US soldiers overall will be the best outfitted units with their ability to obtain 3 different kinds of weaponry (LMG doctrinal). Which still leaves the highest chance for them to drop their gear.
Well if they have two weapons they start to drop after you kill the fourth guy. They'll probably drop more then grens, but upgraded guards still have the highest drop rate.
1 Jun 2014, 08:39 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Probably under NDA, but do the old factions have responses to the new ones in voice lines?
1 Jun 2014, 09:02 AM

I really hope they make vCoH-style sandbags buildable for all factions.
PAGES (75)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight