Login

russian armor

WesternFrontArmies new Progression System?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
20 May 2014, 07:28 AM

"The Western Front Armies also includes a new progression system that introduces other unique content into the game and enables players to dive deeper into the tactical and strategic aspects of the game than ever before." http://www.companyofheroes.com/en_us/the-western-front-armies

I guess that doesn't mean the "innovative" building progression, but rather something like bulletins? :D
20 May 2014, 07:31 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Level cap raised to 200 or something like that? Not exactly "innovative" but I don't trust marketing-speak anyway.
20 May 2014, 07:35 AM

there's like one month left to release and what we have now? only one vid from alpha? and i bet it'll be more buggy that CoH2 at release
20 May 2014, 07:37 AM

I just want it to be as bugged as Chaos Rising for DoW2(aka-not bugged at all) and expect it to be not as imbalanced as that.

I know, I know, I can dream.
20 May 2014, 07:39 AM

What I actually want is DoW3 but I guess WesternFrontArmies do it for now :D
20 May 2014, 07:51 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

What I actually want is DoW3 but I guess WesternFrontArmies do it for now :D

Just need a skin-and-soundpack to turn Soviets to Imperial Guard and Germans to Space Marines. If one of the American soldiers says "dakka dakka dakka!" or the sturmpanzer says "blood for the blood god!" as part of its unit chatter, is that close enough?
20 May 2014, 08:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2014, 07:37 AMKatitof
I just want it to be as bugged as Chaos Rising for DoW2(aka-not bugged at all) and expect it to be not as imbalanced as that.

I know, I know, I can dream.

My guess is this:

Germans will be again considered OP like hell, most of people will scream nerf nerf nerf, and they will be nerfed until nearly unplayable. People will continue playing them in a bigger proportion as they did with Ostheer and still do, no matter what, so that will be the "balance".

Related to overall balance, this will be screwed forever with 4 factions. I am 100% percent sure. Take into account that vCOH was not so quick with add-ons and they still had huge problems in balancing factions. Now they are even more in a hurry to issue this add-on.

Conclusion is obvious, isn't it? :(
20 May 2014, 08:27 AM

My guess is this:

Germans will be again considered OP like hell, most of people will scream nerf nerf nerf, and they will be nerfed until nearly unplayable. People will continue playing them in a bigger proportion as they did with Ostheer and still do, no matter what, so that will be the "balance".

Related to overall balance, this will be screwed forever with 4 factions. I am 100% percent sure. Take into account that vCOH was not so quick with add-ons and they still had huge problems in balancing factions. Now they are even more in a hurry to issue this add-on.

Conclusion is obvious, isn't it? :(

Well, both factions will be considered OP as hell, because this retarded, rampaging community do not give a shit when they encounter something new and will use old tactics against new things, which will not end well for them, but instead of adapting to new armies and changing their BOs, they will run to the forums screaming for more nerfs.

Gone are the days where players asked for counters for X, now is the era of nerfing X if your universal spam of choice do not work against it.

I am wondering about one single thing-new factions economies and how much luftwaffe supply and lend lease fuel drops will fuck it up and what ridiculous shit we will see at 10 min mark thanks to that.
20 May 2014, 08:28 AM

I'm sure this will happen. They are just UN-PLAYABLE now. You just can't win with them. People are just masochists because atleast in European prime times people seem to prefer German faction atleast if you look at the percentages.
20 May 2014, 08:33 AM

I'm not the only one that's having trouble reading it properly, right? Because I keep trying to read that statement over and over but it still keeps reading as "New ways to pay more money in addition to the expansion! Open your wallets, gentlemen!"
20 May 2014, 08:42 AM

I'm not the only one that's having trouble reading it properly, right? Because I keep trying to read that statement over and over but it still keeps reading as "New ways to pay more money in addition to the expansion! Open your wallets, gentlemen!"

that's how it gonna looks like, 2 new factions, dozens of new commanders, skins, faceplates, probably some ToW missions and all for $$$ ofc
20 May 2014, 08:43 AM

Thats kinda what I feared too^^
20 May 2014, 08:56 AM

Its not like you will have to buy everything(because yes, new stuff will come and will keep coming) to be competitive(best commanders are free, except lightning war and elite troops).

Its also not EA battlefield or Apple anything, so you won't feel as inferior human being if you don't hoard all of whats in shop.
20 May 2014, 09:05 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Whatever the progression/XP system is, hopefully it won't just end at an arbitrary number.
20 May 2014, 09:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2014, 08:56 AMKatitof

Its not like you will have to buy everything(because yes, new stuff will come and will keep coming) to be competitive(best commanders are free, except lightning war and elite troops).

Its also not EA battlefield or Apple anything, so you won't feel as inferior human being if you don't hoard all of whats in shop.

As someone whose budget is pretty tight the commanders (and the collector's edition upgrade for that matter) were rather upsetting when I had enough money to get the base game. Yes, you don't need that extra content but I do enjoy the game and like to use most of what's available for it.

I did end up getting a lot of the commanders over time and I don't mind supporting Relic when I can, I'm just bitter of how the industry is regarding "charge now, charge again later" mentality in general. I guess I just miss the older days. :(
Hux
20 May 2014, 09:42 AM
Patrion 14

Every battle tells a story. Only sometimes that story gets told twice!
20 May 2014, 10:03 AM

Or you peolpe can be hyped about a new progression system.
Let's see what it gives us, maybe some very cool features?

It's time people get over the 'omg we need to pay for something'.
This is happening in almost every game now. New swords, new t-shirts for you footbalplayers, new guns, skins, ...'.

I agree that it was even cooler before, you bought the game and you had everything.
Still, I think it's cool that new features keep coming, if they are in line with the current balance and not OP ofcours. And this is where relic misses the train.
They shouldn't release OP stuff, it's a bad choice.

Anyway, I'm stoked.
The community should be a bit less pessimistic I think, but that's my humble opinion.

#Flameon
20 May 2014, 10:10 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

I just don't want to blame WFA before I experienced it... I pre-ordered it and I am really curious about it :)
20 May 2014, 10:50 AM

I hope that with the new progression system you unlock more things besides bulletins, unlike the old one.
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS