Login

russian armor

Relic please make reconnect possible

19 Jul 2016, 12:54 PM

This is 2016 and still need this feature really bad. The amount of sudden disconnects are really high, specially for me. Even though I have internet I get disconnected in the middle of an automatch.

Lelic can't even understand how many guys will boycott DOW3 cause of their lazyness and bad politics. Never buying a relic game anymore
nee
20 Jul 2016, 02:48 AM

Erm game already has reconnect capability.

Once, it even worked!
20 Jul 2016, 03:38 AM

Yeah, it does have lag grace thing built in. It just seems to be very situational though.
20 Jul 2016, 14:32 PM

Reconnect works if lack ofthe net will be really short.

I mean... I'm playing with mobile 3G connection ( :foreveralone: ) and sometimes my mobile modem simply restarst. It usually takes 8secs to restars + additional 3-4secs for laptop to catch connection.

And ONCE I was able to reconnect after this. But only once... Why? Why it was only one time when I was able to reconnect?

What I'm worried about much more is losing connection/reconnecting in situation where you have connection...

I had plenty situation like this. TeamSpeak is on, it's working, website working, everything working but somehow losing connection... :/
20 Jul 2016, 15:54 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2014, 20:26 PMKhan
The amount of overhead at the servers associated with making reconnection possible doesn't make this a feasible feature. It's not scalable.

stfu nerd.
20 Jul 2016, 17:19 PM

Lookit the dates people... Thread necromancy.
20 Jul 2016, 17:47 PM

Reconnect works if lack ofthe net will be really short.

I mean... I'm playing with mobile 3G connection ( :foreveralone: ) and sometimes my mobile modem simply restarst. It usually takes 8secs to restars + additional 3-4secs for laptop to catch connection.

And ONCE I was able to reconnect after this. But only once... Why? Why it was only one time when I was able to reconnect?

What I'm worried about much more is losing connection/reconnecting in situation where you have connection...

I had plenty situation like this. TeamSpeak is on, it's working, website working, everything working but somehow losing connection... :/

Yeah, my worst complaints are where my VOIP continues to work, so I know that I have internet. I can only report to my partner that I am lagging out and we can rage about it for awhile before the disconnect. For that reason, at least sometimes the issue is not my internet, but somewhere else.
20 Jul 2016, 18:48 PM

Lelic can't even understand how many guys will boycott DOW3 cause of their lazyness and bad politics. Never buying a relic game anymore

Just like Relic can't even understand how much relevant such complaints and Balance suggestions of
no-playercard guys like you are, lol
20 Jul 2016, 19:29 PM

It's pretty obvious that people in this thread never had an idea what they're talking about. I guess I should feel better about the stupidity of the current forum users now considering that it was just as bad back in 2014.
20 Jul 2016, 21:19 PM

Just like Relic can't even understand how much relevant such complaints and Balance suggestions of
no-playercard guys like you are, lol

He is right though.

Also, reconnects can't be possible because when the AI take over the game "cheats" (AI get extra resources to compensate the fact that it is an AI), if you come back after that it would give you an unfair advantage.
20 Jul 2016, 21:26 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2016, 21:19 PMzerocoh

He is right though.

Also, reconnects can't be possible because when the AI take over the game "cheats" (AI get extra resources to compensate the fact that it is an AI), if you come back after that it would give you an unfair advantage.

Only expert AI gets extra resources and map hacks. The one that replaces a player who drops is hard AI that has no handicap. That's why it's so bad.
20 Jul 2016, 21:31 PM
Donator 22

well, if the grace period is over, so when you would actually drop (I think after 5-10 seconds of no connection) they could halt the game for everybody for a few more seconds.
You do not want that 3-5 times in a game, but one or two times would not be too bad. I would love it, too.
21 Jul 2016, 06:58 AM

21 Jul 2016, 07:47 AM

Hehehe, you funny, you think anyone who wanted to get the game will boycot it hehehe.

The only ones who will, will be the ones who never planned to get it in the first place.
21 Jul 2016, 15:16 PM

Well, he's clearly being dramatic and emotional, but plenty of people could just as easily wait for a humble bundle or a major sale instead of shelling out full price or pre-ordering.
21 Jul 2016, 23:16 PM
22 Jul 2016, 01:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2016, 07:47 AMKatitof

Hehehe, you funny, you think anyone who wanted to get the game will boycot it hehehe.

The only ones who will, will be the ones who never planned to get it in the first place.

Explain me Ketetof, how anyone could expect any good thing from Relic since they are fully dependant of SEGA ? You guys are so blind they can't see that you have to BUY BLOOD in Total war series ? We are in 2016 and three years of Coh2 was like a massive alpha ? 3 month to fix a mortar ? 2 years to fix OKW ? 1.5 week to hotfix a single bug abuse ? Remember when they tried to communicate with CMCynthia ? :lolol: And now, DOWIII going the same way as Warhammer Total War with Chaos DLC ? They know how to make money with hype, but when it come to gameplay/balance/customers service/credibility, they are out. Won't get fooled again.

So yes, people aren't dumb and DOW3 will need HEAVY WORK to Make Relic Great Again.
15 Aug 2016, 03:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2016, 17:47 PMboc120

Yeah, my worst complaints are where my VOIP continues to work, so I know that I have internet. I can only report to my partner that I am lagging out and we can rage about it for awhile before the disconnect. For that reason, at least sometimes the issue is not my internet, but somewhere else.

Completely same. I keep playing 2v2 AT with my partner. We were both on discord. We were talking and playing and suddenly I dropped. No reason, nothing. The next match, my partner dropped. No reason whatsoever. We were doing completely fine. Even hearing each other over the internet.
15 Aug 2016, 08:42 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Reconnect will never happen.

Also this threads are useless. Kyle is not watching it.

--> Relic does not even see it.
15 Aug 2016, 08:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2014, 08:31 AMpigsoup
FIX THE SYNC ERROR SHIT TOO. (where you get the loss)
+ 231321654643213 :romeoMug:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS