Login

russian armor

Dear Relic: please... pleeease... PLEASE

8 May 2014, 18:29 PM
Patrion 27

Please add customizable hotkeys. It's inconceivable not to have this feature in 2014!

Being left-handed I am forced to use autohotkey to customize and use the numpad so I don't get instant carpal tunnel. Also switching the stop ("W" on grid) and retreat ("R" '') to other keys using a third party program like this makes them not work properly.
8 May 2014, 18:37 PM

+1

U for reverse? Mind boggling.
8 May 2014, 18:42 PM

Some of the hotkeys.....are mind-boggling indeed. +1
8 May 2014, 18:44 PM

Yep.
Like AT nade is E but faust is F.
Wasted so much muni and openings because of that, rifle nading damn vehicles...
8 May 2014, 18:48 PM

My personal favorite is that R is both reinforce and smoke barrage on arty office. That's what I call great game design.
8 May 2014, 19:03 PM
Patrion 14

I agree but i don´t think Relic will do anything about it.

But there is a solution:
http://www.autohotkey.com/
8 May 2014, 19:03 PM

They must have held a toddler and made him/her press random buttons.
8 May 2014, 19:51 PM
Patrion 27

I agree but i don´t think Relic will do anything about it.

But there is a solution:
http://www.autohotkey.com/

Thanks but, did you read my OP?

To elaborate on the autohotkey issue: if you set R or W to a different key it will always work for reversing but only works for retreating 1 out of about 12 times.
8 May 2014, 20:11 PM

I agree, Some choices are absurd by relic we are in 2014 and no customizable hotkeys, loss of replays for each patch, you can not have the rewind button to replay etc

always the same story ... from dawn of war, vcoh, DoW2, COH2, it is like a trademark, now I wonder if they are not able to make these things or is it a clear choice of programming
8 May 2014, 21:11 PM

Some very very basic things keep being ignored.
Man, I don't get them, I just don't.
8 May 2014, 21:24 PM

This game lacks a few things from newer RTS's that I hope western front comes out with:
1) a replay mode that allows multiple spectators
2) customizable hot keys
3) a replay mode that allows you to rewind / seek a previous time
4) a replay mode that has more useful information on it like SCII's UI (Displays a bunch of diferent info like total munitions, resources spent where, etc)
5) a league system that helps pair people up with similar ELO more often like SCII's
6) displaying what the veteran status of the unit gains so players do not have to dig for those facts
8 May 2014, 21:37 PM

Please add customizable hotkeys. It's inconceivable not to have this feature in 2014!

Being left-handed I am forced to use autohotkey to customize and use the numpad so I don't get instant carpal tunnel. Also switching the stop ("W" on grid) and retreat ("R" '') to other keys using a third party program like this makes them not work properly.

Not sure why you encounter problems when remapping keys with autohotkey. I remapped QWRTUASDYXC, all arrow keys and Numpad0 without a problem. Using Extra Buttons on the mouse also works fine...

For Example:
I put "R" for reinforce to my Mousewheel. Now, when I do a full wheel turn, the Reinforce command is executed several times.
8 May 2014, 21:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 May 2014, 21:37 PMdpsi

Not sure why you encounter problems when remapping keys with autohotkey. I remapped QWRTUASDYXC without a problem. Using Extra Buttons on the mouse also works fine...

For Example:
I put "R" for reinforce to my Mousewheel. Now, when I do a full wheel turn, the Reinforce command is executed several times.

Need to do this.
8 May 2014, 22:02 PM

5) a league system that helps pair people up with similar ELO more often like SCII's

There is no problem with CoH2 matchmaking. If there is a player of similar ELO searching you will be matched with them quickly. The problem is that there are just not that many players playing CoH2. You can adjust the matchmaking system all you want, but it won't get better than it is now.
8 May 2014, 22:25 PM

It's amazing that Relic charges AAA game prices and not have extremely basic features such as this. Nearly a year after release we still don't have it. Relic truly is a special company.
8 May 2014, 22:33 PM

You complain about stuff, but still buyed game content. Why should relic care?
8 May 2014, 23:31 PM

because even with our money could do anything we ask them for years?
9 May 2014, 01:07 AM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post8 May 2014, 21:37 PMdpsi

Not sure why you encounter problems when remapping keys with autohotkey. I remapped QWRTUASDYXC, all arrow keys and Numpad0 without a problem. Using Extra Buttons on the mouse also works fine...

For Example:

The issue is specifically with retreat and stop. The unit will verbally confirming "retreaaaat!" and not actually retreat.

If you're interested here's my left-handed setup as of today:

I set R to one of my mouse thumb buttons and W to mouse 3 and use the close mouse thumb for screen scrolling. Using mouse thumb buttons for retreating just isn't intuitive for me.
9 May 2014, 01:25 AM
Donator 33

All I want is to rebind the tactical map so I don't have to choose between that and every other hotkey in the game.
9 May 2014, 01:28 AM

Rebindable hotkeys, random option for automatch, tangible in-game ranks (like 1-20 vCoH style), rewind option in replays, observer mode.

So many basic RTS features. Yeah, dream on.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★