Login

russian armor

Land Lease commander and fuel transfer ability

8 May 2014, 11:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 May 2014, 11:25 AMAbdul

I did not even ask for it, my mate decided to send me some oil, instead this happened.

I was referring to sniper/guards combo :D
8 May 2014, 20:18 PM

I called it in three times during a single game. first 2 times it got shot down and I figured 3rd's the charm. It dropped out of the sky too, and took my vet 2 Doctrinal MG with it. Sigh.
9 May 2014, 07:01 AM

I love LL cause it allows me to get a M5 Quad while going T4.

The Quad is an absolute beast especially if you get it to Vet 2 when the speed of the thing is ridiculous

WHy anyone would use a T70 over it is beyond me. It does everything a T70 does except with suppression, longer range and reinforce.
9 May 2014, 08:13 AM

Prolly cos a T70 is slightly more survivable and has self repair. It feels like it manoeuvres cleaner as well.
9 May 2014, 09:16 AM

IMO the M5 is more survivable due to its enormous range. Plus it can suppress pgrens and grens.
9 May 2014, 10:46 AM

No your right. Ill correct myself, more survivable with bad micro :P
9 May 2014, 19:19 PM

After today's number of games I only convinced myself that this commander is the new Soviet Industry. It doesn't help to have 222 scout car or Ostwind to shoot the planes as fair number of them will pass through. Commander is not munition heavy so you have considerable amount of it to spend and all this combined allows you to field crazy amount of tanks without any problems.
My opponent usually had 2 Shermans ready for me at the time I was finishing building my first PzIV.
9 May 2014, 20:16 PM

^

Try maintaining a pair of stug III Gs instead (with a panzer IV afterwards) and then getting a tiger..this is starting to remind me of VCOH now with the early stugs, late tiger, and the USA Shermans.
9 May 2014, 20:52 PM

100 muni = 30 fuel. Tank is how much, 150ish? 400-500 muni for a Sherman is a pretty bad deal tbh. There is a problem with doctrinal tanks in general though. Call in tanks need to be manpower intensive, not fuel intensive. Otherwise people just forgo mid-late game tech and we see over half games involving one or both players just saving up all game to spam doctrinal tanks. Played a 50min game earlier where opponent did not tech up past T2 and then had 5 Tigers over the course of the game.

A couple of ideas that could fix this.

1) Make doctrinal tanks fuel free
a) limit one super heavy per player at a time
b) make the non super heavies cost more manpower so they cannot be easily spammed

2) Limited number of reserves for doctrinal tanks
a) tanks would still cost fuel
b) aside from population cap, no # restrictions
c) Ex. KV8 commanders are given 3 KV8s. Sherman and T34/85 Commanders are given 4. Super Heavy commanders are only supplied with 2 super heavies (Tiger/IS2/ISU/Elef/KV2). Etc.

#1 makes it more like the vcoh system. #2 would still allow a player to skip mid game tech for a very strong late game, though he would be unable to mindlessly spam them forever and would eventually need to revert to tiered tanks once his doctrinal ones are depleted.
9 May 2014, 21:06 PM

That's 30 fuel you get ON TOP of your regular income. It makes the difference.
10 May 2014, 00:54 AM

That's 30 fuel you get ON TOP of your regular income. It makes the difference.

It does make a difference, it makes a difference of ONE extra Sherman per fuckload of munitions. The problem isn't the ability itself but the current doctrinal tank system heavily favors sitting on all your fuel to spam late game call-ins instead of producing from your base buildings throughout the game. Tiger spam is just as prevalent and effective even though Ostheer doesn't have a resource conversion ability like this.
10 May 2014, 01:32 AM
Patrion 27

It does make a difference, it makes a difference of ONE extra Sherman per fuckload of munitions. The problem isn't the ability itself but the current doctrinal tank system heavily favors sitting on all your fuel to spam late game call-ins instead of producing from your base buildings throughout the game. Tiger spam is just as prevalent and effective even though Ostheer doesn't have a resource conversion ability like this.

Opel Blitz Trucks?
10 May 2014, 02:33 AM

Opel Blitz Trucks?

True, but there are several Tiger commanders and people still manage to spam them regardless of which one they are using.
10 May 2014, 04:56 AM

Honestly, when I play that Lend Lease Commander I never worry about munitions cause for some reason I got tons of it -_-.

10 May 2014, 07:45 AM

Opel Blitz Trucks?

Don't get me started on OPel blitzes...
15 May 2014, 02:53 AM

I can assure you that by 9 CP, soviet players could easily horde up to 300-400 muni and thats with spamming mines and molotov. Most will just go for T2 and skip for T3 and they will have like ~300 Fuel. Callin 2-3 supply drops for 3 shermans and the extra muni for the upgun.

One of the viable counter would be rushing out stugIII and vetting them up as quickly as possible then build 2 paks before 9 CP. Target weakpoint is the best counter against them.
15 May 2014, 07:21 AM

I play mostly soviets, and I can tell you my munis rarely rise above 100-200, I wish they did. But cons, guards, mines are a large drain on their own, before even getting to better abilities like call ins.

All just depends how good you are at using the abilities at your disposal.

The only time I ever truly float muni, is with industry.

With LL, I never afford more than 1-2 fuel drops, and that's not much. Cache provides more.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★