Login

russian armor

Poor MG42 vs Rich MaxPin!

PAGES (7)down
16 May 2014, 11:14 AM

Permanently Banned
Oha, German player needs to micro? Better nurf sovs!!! Dis unit must be OP if I can't run straight into it with ma terminatorz Pgren - Squad! Suddenly I have to use Combined Arms like da sovs, I wunt to roflstump evrything with mah well balanced Tanks!! Only sovs have to micro hard, otherwhise my 10$ 1337-keyboard would hurt mah fingaz!!
16 May 2014, 11:48 AM

Bitchslap another maxim Zis spammer to ISU

They will invis it but I don't care

To Abdul,

YOU
ARE
FUCKING
GAY

L2P without using gay shit okay?
16 May 2014, 11:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 May 2014, 11:48 AMPorygon

They will invis it but I don't care

To Abdul,

YOU
ARE
FUCKING
GAY

Where are the mods when you need them??
16 May 2014, 11:59 AM

Combined Arms like da sovs,

Conscript spam to call-ins or maxim spam u call "combine arms" Like in this replay?

16 May 2014, 12:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 May 2014, 11:59 AMslother

Conscript spam to call-ins or maxim spam u call "combine arms" Like in this replay?

Let him alone bro, he hasn't a clue what he's talking about and his only purpose is to annoy people.
16 May 2014, 12:25 PM

Let him alone bro, he hasn't a clue what he's talking about and his only purpose is to annoy people.

I guess it takes one to know one eh?
16 May 2014, 12:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 May 2014, 11:48 AMPorygon

16 May 2014, 13:56 PM

Oha, German player needs to micro? Better nurf sovs!!! Dis unit must be OP if I can't run straight into it with ma terminatorz Pgren - Squad! Suddenly I have to use Combined Arms like da sovs, I wunt to roflstump evrything with mah well balanced Tanks!! Only sovs have to micro hard, otherwhise my 10$ 1337-keyboard would hurt mah fingaz!!

The point is not that a player has to micro. It's that one army requires considerably more micro than the other. I think since no-one is spamming mg42s while a lot of players are spamming Maxims, we can conclude that the Maxim has a considerable advantage over the MG42. If there was an OP issue with the MG42, I'd be calling for that to be nerfed too.

The power of MGs should be offset by low maneuverability, limited cone of fire, set-up time, etc. The maxim has a very limited cone of fire but a rapid set-up time. Effectively it can fire in any direction 360 degrees within the same time it takes for the MG42 to swivel from one side of its 160 degree cone to the other.

MG42:

benefits:
suppression
large cone

Downsides:
low damage
very slow set-up time
slow swivel time
small squad - sniperable

Maxim:

benefits:
suppression
good damage
fast set-up
less sniperable

downsides:
Very narrow cone

The fast set-up time negates the effect of having a narrow cone. Effectively the Maxim is all + no -.

16 May 2014, 14:09 PM

This is your post in thread "What the .... is up with the germans ?"

"But I don't get why I should destroy my fingers trying in keeping up with 1000 APM just to stay alive!"

If you don't like being forced to do 1000cpm, why do you feel other players should?
16 May 2014, 14:22 PM

For all of you who think that MG42 is useless and worthless.
I am by no means a pro or even good player. I consider myself decent I roughly know how to use MG42 though. The one I forgot about doesn't count :) And as a bonus you will see PzIVs destroying ISU-152.

16 May 2014, 15:01 PM
Patrion 14

Quite simple. A good player will still try to use its MG42 both offensively and defensively. Living the Mg42 sleeping in a corner or in a building it's a L2P indicator. Try to use it offensively with your infantry. I guarantee your fingers will hurt. :). Maxim on the other hand, can be easily used both defensively (there is no real difference while fighting from a building, compared to Mg42, except its crew), and offensively with a simple A-move due to its fast deployement time and absence of "owhwaaa" at the german side. Speaking of it, It's quite amusing to see soviet maxim catched off-guard when you try to flank/attack it with AGs. They are no used to deal with fast running infantry lol.

it's affective when using offensively with support. conservative =/ not using.
16 May 2014, 16:34 PM

You can't have a maxim in not-set-up mode. The maxim (and DHSK) always automatically set up once they stop moving. This makes the bigger arc of the MG42 more than just a small advantage in a variety of situations.

You can however reface it without packing up, something the MG 42 gunner cannot fathom for some strange reason.

Edit: Whoops I was on an old page.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 102
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %