Login

russian armor

Honest opinions about Balance - Soviet adv

PAGES (21)down
20 May 2014, 22:34 PM

That's because Grens don't win at all ranges. Grens are superior at long range combat. I'm sorry that your 240mp gren squad does not beat a 240mp conscript squad at all ranges.

Why are you apologizing? Do you work for Relic? I'll only accept it if you do.

Anyway...I said "wins at all ranges" because people said this line over and over in regards to the old "grens vs conscript balance" debate.

I mean, to improve, I DO read about other players experience in games.
16 Jun 2014, 09:00 AM

Permanently Banned
Looking forward to see how relic address the soviet OP issues that plague the game at present
16 Jun 2014, 11:25 AM

Looking forward to see how relic address the soviet OP issues that plague the game at present

Prepare to be told to L2P by relic then.
16 Jun 2014, 12:42 PM

Franky Balance is pretty damn good. yes currently Soviets are probably favored just a little bit and have a lot more "abusive" options compared to Germans.... maxim spam, scout car spam, Isu 152, mines wiping entire squads.

While Germans on the other hand have recieved most of the attention I presume in most of the patches becuase for most of the life of the game balance has favored Germans and sometimes very severely. Because of this Germans are very balanced and do not really have anymore "abusive" options because they have all become nerfed to the point of being useful but not unfair, this is a very good thing.

So really all Relic needs to do is add that level of Polish to the Russians and we are good to go except for..... nevermind the new armies release on the 24th we are going to have a whole slew of new Issues and I doubt any of you will even remember the percieved Russian balance issues. Which I must say are few and only need very slight tweaks other then that the game has never been better imo.

Problem is with Soviets their units are on such a minuscule fine line and that makes them very hard to balance take for example the scout car it got nerfed and became useless and no one ever used it becuase it was a waste of rescources then they give it a very very slight buff and wham its back to being very abusive and hard to counter. It does need a nerf but I fear if it is too big the car will be useless agian and thats how a lot of things are for soviets
16 Jun 2014, 14:29 PM

The problem is not the soviets safe for its mine which could use a damage reduction of 70 % and instant pin if infantry walks over it.

Basically nearly every single balance problem has been caused by the teching increase of the both factions that has far more impact on the germans then the soviets. M3 spam maxim spam and snipers where never really a problem until now because in the past we simply we teched to tier 2 and get the counters out.

Suffice to say the fuel increase has put the ost faction at a major disadvantage against these units.

And teching to BF 4 is unrealisticly expensive that no one can get it in 1 vs 1 even with luftwaffe supply doctrine or assault support doctrine.

Besides that some german units need tweaking. Their is no reason that the p4 should have 9.5 scatter. the stug needs to finally decide what it wants to be and it should be AT. the panther cost way to fucking much and its fuel cost need to be reduced to 140
16 Jun 2014, 14:35 PM

Permanently Banned
2 real op call ins in soviet:

Sherman's and T85 (2x)...
16 Jun 2014, 18:21 PM

Permanently Banned
Because your Panther can't roflstomp them into the ground with rightclick?
16 Jun 2014, 18:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2014, 14:29 PMJaigen
Basically nearly every single balance problem has been caused by the teching increase of the both factions that has far more impact on the germans then the soviets. M3 spam maxim spam and snipers where never really a problem until now because in the past we simply we teched to tier 2 and get the counters out.

We also had the Flame Half-Track for Maxim spam.

And teching to BF 4 is unrealisticly expensive that no one can get it in 1 vs 1 even with luftwaffe supply doctrine or assault support doctrine.

Battle Fase 4

Sorry, couldn't help it :P

Besides that some german units need tweaking. Their is no reason that the p4 should have 9.5 scatter. the stug needs to finally decide what it wants to be and it should be AT. the panther cost way to fucking much and its fuel cost need to be reduced to 140

Yeah the Panzer IV's scatter is awful, it needs to be changed for it to be a more generalist tank. I'm fine with the StuG's gun but I miss the armour, I guess it'd be too strong then though. Agree with Panther cost reduction.
16 Jun 2014, 18:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2014, 14:35 PMBravus
2 real op call ins in soviet:

Sherman's and T85 (2x)...

Mate you should totally make a thread called 'Do Soviets really need medium armor?'.
16 Jun 2014, 18:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2014, 18:44 PMNapalm
Mate you should totally make a thread called 'Do Soviets really need medium armor?'.

To be fair, it's the overall best medium armour in the game. Extremely effective and not very expensive.
16 Jun 2014, 18:52 PM

I don't see where it is written that German's are supposed to have the best Medium and Heavy armor. Some of the suggestions I'm reading on this forum as of late would return Soviet armor to pre-patch levels. Buff the Panthers; T34's, Sherman's OP. PAK's are extremely effective and not very expensive. Balance is good but...

The call in mechanics need to be changed, for both sides. Tech buildings are required.
16 Jun 2014, 18:53 PM

the panther cost way to fucking much and its fuel cost need to be reduced to 140

The t-34 dual call in should cost as 280 fuel ,in line with the single call in.

Now provided that they fix teching and call in and thats a BIG provision-the t-34/85 would cost 140 fuel.Panther can't cost equal to that.

Both have same health.
Speed near equal.
Panther FAR better armor.
Panther Better penetration.
t-34/85 better DPS.
T-34/85 FAR better AI.

It seems to me panther should cost in region of 155 fuel.It already costs more manpower than 85.
16 Jun 2014, 18:58 PM

To be fair, it's the overall best medium armour in the game. Extremely effective and not very expensive.

If 135 and 140fu is not very expensive, then why do you complain about Panthers price then?
By your standards, the cost is fine by the means of extrapolation of your logic.
Just asking.

@austerlitz
And what would you say if dual call-in actually was changed to be as expensive as single one?
16 Jun 2014, 19:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2014, 18:58 PMKatitof

@austerlitz
And what would you say if dual call-in actually was changed to be as expensive as single one?

So each 85 would cost 140 fuel and less manpower than a panther.

Now given - same health,better DPS,much better AI by far on 85 side vs much better armor,better penetration on panther side panther shouldn't cost more than 155 odd fuel.
16 Jun 2014, 19:08 PM

If 135 and 140fu is not very expensive, then why do you complain about Panthers price then?
By your standards, the cost is fine by the means of extrapolation of your logic.
Just asking.

@austerlitz

Because its a dedicated tank destroyer and as such should be very cost effective at killing tanks
16 Jun 2014, 19:10 PM

Because your Panther can't roflstomp them into the ground with rightclick?

FFS mate i really would love to see you contribute tot he discussion instead of some stupid one liner
16 Jun 2014, 19:32 PM

We also had the Flame Half-Track for Maxim spam.

Yeah and still dont understand the change.
16 Jun 2014, 19:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2014, 19:08 PMJaigen

Because its a dedicated tank destroyer and as such should be very cost effective at killing tanks

Do you know why Puma is such powerful tank destroyer?
Because it uses its 50 range to outrange all other tanks.

Do you know what range Panther have?
16 Jun 2014, 20:06 PM

Just asking.

Because teching factors into the Panther's initial cost, but you keep ignoring that.

To get a T-34/85 or a M4C, you generally buy T1 and/or T2, Molotovs, Anti-Tank Grenades. To get a Panther, you get T2, T2, and T4. In the below, I assume the Soviet has bought T1, T2, and both base upgrades.

90 + 260 = 350 (2 T-34/85)
180 + 175 = 355 (1 Panther)

While the Panther is clearly superior in the AT role, it lacks in the AI role and being outnumbered means it'll be on the defensive as soon as it hits the field.
16 Jun 2014, 20:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2014, 19:51 PMKatitof

Do you know why Puma is such powerful tank destroyer?
Because it uses its 50 range to outrange all other tanks.

Do you know what range Panther have?

Of course it has nothing to do that the puma has far greater overall dps has far greater sight and doesnt need a scout and is cheap for what its doing and it requires no teching. Once again your acting like a goddamn idiot .

In contrast the panther does have high hp and armor but it has the lowest firing rate on any tank in the game safe for the brumbar. thats why it need a price decrease.
PAGES (21)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS