Login

russian armor

Cruzz's fantasy patch thread

1 May 2014, 16:55 PM

The german infantry doctrine could use some changes, but RI should stay in it. If it became just another G43 doctrine I wouldn't use it over the other

But it would be the only G43 doctrine with muni transfer and officer. Both which play really well into G43s if you ask me. The only "unique" feature to the doctrine right now is fast moving osttruppen to faust stuff while having an officer. Hardly a niche that makes for a viable commander.

I also think fear propaganda artillery is fine as it is.

Out of interest...why? I mean the way I see it, it's literally a really weak incendiary barrage for slightly cheaper. It has much smaller area, it arrives slower, and it's not guaranteed to do anything.

I am concerned about giving Blitzkrieg Tactics a 30% movement speed buff.

Like I said, this is in fact a flat value. As in a PIV would be 6.3+0.3 speed, and a Tiger 4.7+0.3. A pretty minor increase, but as roads have pretty high effects on max speed now I don't want to add in any huge values.
1 May 2014, 17:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2014, 16:39 PMCruzz

The problem with leaving these abilities in already weak commanders is that they're just not generally that useful abilities. There are plenty of game moments where I really wouldn't want to trade 120mp-240mp and 120 (or 100 for my change) munitions to gain 1-2 osttruppen squads. Meanwhile I'm pretty much certain to want to get G43s if I have access to them. They are good "filler" abilities in commanders like Lightning War that already have good abilities overall, but they should be the first abilities replaced in commanders that are clearly underperforming right now.

My underlying point was that these shouldn't be "filler" abilities. Rather than replacing them with better abilities, I'd like to see them become something you would gladly trade munitions and manpower for.

An accuracy / fire rate boost for the duration of the ability would add an offensive nature to its use (much like the G43 would) but would retain the unique flavor of the commander. I'm sure other ideas are worth exploring here.

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2014, 16:39 PMCruzz

Because the outer ring of molotov is 15 range, the 3 members over there are taking roughly 0.6 damage per second from a ppsh. By comparison a mosin nagant will be doing 1.7 damage. Also for an opposite side SMG comparison, the MP40 the pioneers have would be doing 1.6 damage if they were standing still.

The one pioneer member a bit closer is roughly at 11 range. He would be taking around 1.7 damage per second from a ppsh. By comparison a mosin nagant will be doing 2.0 damage per second. MP40 3.4.

PPSH is an absolutely crazy downgrade at all but manhug distances. Even with my change mosin nagants would STILL beat ppsh for the 3 pioneers slightly further out, but atleast the one closest would now be taking 2.9 damage from the ppsh, still less than the MP40 but atleast more than the nagants.

Good point, I didn't know the distance units were so small.
1 May 2014, 17:09 PM

I approveth thy changes.
1 May 2014, 17:16 PM

An accuracy / fire rate boost for the duration of the ability would add an offensive nature to its use (much like the G43 would) but would retain the unique flavor of the commander. I'm sure other ideas are worth exploring here.

Yes...but the thing is, if you give it enough of an offensive boost to be useful for that, then by all logic this change will benefit all the "better" doctrines that have the ability as filler currently even more.

The ability selection of a few of the commanders in game are just too broken to be fixed just by rebalancing abilities. Generally any suggestions that force the creation of a new ability or unit have to be avoided as well because I'm pretty sure that's never going to happen, even adapting singleplayer only units/abilities like the commissar is extremely unlikely.
1 May 2014, 17:39 PM

Don't like the idea with the Elefant. Range 75? ISU 152 has range 100. The sole unit remaining for germans with range 100 would be the pak 43 which can be easily brought down with too many weapons. Zis, Sherman and standard soviet T4 vehicles have anyway bigger ranges (60) than their counterparts with Pak 40 exception which has range 60 also.

1 May 2014, 17:44 PM

Don't like the idea with the Elefant. Range 75? ISU 152 has range 100. The sole unit remaining for germans with range 100 would be the pak 43 which can be easily brought down with too many weapons. Zis, Sherman and standard soviet T4 vehicles have anyway bigger ranges (60) than their counterparts with Pak 40 exception which has range 60 also.

Sherman with a range of 60?

what the fuck were you smoking??
1 May 2014, 17:44 PM

Read the whole OP before complaining about elephant range.
1 May 2014, 17:50 PM

The best german BIAS you can get.
Add some delusions and a spoon of misinformation and infect into yourself.

You'll see things that aren't there and be as high as nebel rocket can get you.
1 May 2014, 17:50 PM

Don't bore me please without knowing shit. Just read the Strummingbird's tables with ranges and we'll talk afterwards, o...k...?
1 May 2014, 17:54 PM

Don't bore me please without knowing shit. Just read the Strummingbird's tables with ranges and we'll talk afterwards, o...k...?

50 hours in MS Paint
1 May 2014, 17:54 PM

The best german BIAS you can get.
Add some delusions and a spoon of misinformation and infect into yourself.

You'll see things that aren't there and be as high as nebel rocket can get you.

That isn't even funny, ya know?
Saw that recently you began to give pro tips. Since when are you a pro...bro?! Mister 4-5 games played among which 6 with soviet faction? Nobody should take you seriously.
1 May 2014, 17:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2014, 17:54 PMCruzz

ok, ok, I was wrong. But the other part of my statement is viable, nevertheless.
1 May 2014, 17:56 PM

ok, ok, I was wrong. But the other part of my statement is viable, nevertheless.

You mean the part where you complain about Elefant range being 75 while ISU is 100 even though my post quite clearly states ISU is also getting the same 75 range?
1 May 2014, 17:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2014, 17:56 PMCruzz

You mean the part where you complain about Elefant range being 75 while ISU is 100 even though my post quite clearly states ISU is also getting the same 75 range?

Didn't see that part. Jsus man, you wrote too much at that post and it's my free day, ya know?! :oops:
1 May 2014, 18:02 PM

That isn't even funny, ya know?

I know.

This is my way of showing compassion to people who are so clueless that they can't even tell the difference between 40 and 60 range.
1 May 2014, 18:02 PM

Like I said, this is in fact a flat value. As in a PIV would be 6.3+0.3 speed, and a Tiger 4.7+0.3. A pretty minor increase, but as roads have pretty high effects on max speed now I don't want to add in any huge values.

Understood. 0.3 additive speed seems plenty reasonable. Hell... it's basically half or less of what I was suggesting.

I think that changing the ability lineups on commanders is necessary to bring balance to them as well.

That being said I believe that Relic is opposed to the idea of actually swapping abilities for already out Commanders. I think they're wrong though. There are some commanders whose design lacks a clear goal that the newer commanders benefit from.

My underlying point was that these shouldn't be "filler" abilities. Rather than replacing them with better abilities, I'd like to see them become something you would gladly trade munitions and manpower for.

I would actually move away from trying to slap on bonuses to powers that just don't belong. Accuracy bonus on all infantry while Rapid Conscription is active doesn't make much sense. "Yes comrade! You are easily replaced so fight hard, da?". It makes the game more complicated in a way that is more inaccessible to newer players as well.

Instead I'd prefer such abilities to be refined and improved until they actually are valuable. Rapid Conscription has great potential I believe. One the the innate weaknesses of these powers it that they give you a basic infantry unit without veteran levels late into the game when the power of such units is diminished. Those units are more likely to hurt your income through their upkeep value than help you. However conscript's merge power lets you kill squads while reinforcing others. If a conscript unit is actually utterly useless then you can burn the conscript squad to reinforce a better squad.

The versatility of the Conscript here makes the power have a decent potential. The price, duration and number of soldiers lost could be tweaked to make this power good. However I am dubious if the Ostrruppen Relief Infantry could be saved. Maybe if the Relief Infantry came with LMG42s like the new Mobile Defense Osttruppen Callin...? I have found that adds some considerable power to the squad.
1 May 2014, 18:08 PM

I approve all the changes, though I think you're missing the change you wanted for Penals Cruzz.

1 May 2014, 18:09 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

M42 45mm AT gun: increase damage to 100 (from 80), increase penetration to 130/95/60 (from 100/80/60).
I just wonder how much damage it could deal to medium tank with this change. Considering that it has a faster Rof.

Pak43/LeFH/ML-20/B4: Increase gun health significantly (350/470 --> 620)
I would add a light mp reduce cost in combination with a reduced range. If you want to shell the enemy base, you shouldnt be able to sit it down inside your own.

BTW, this hp increase would save it from light artillery or bombing strike? I see you directly reduce the stuka damage to barely let it live.

Blitz: if there is a way to apply it only forwardly, i don´t see a problem. Anyway i would like to see the numbers of past blitz (to see in comparison how much .3 speed is)

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2014, 12:00 PMCruzz

Stuka Close Air Support:
With the new faster vehicles, this ability can no longer hit any moving medium or lighter vehicle. Clearly the way to avoid the ability should be to get out of the area of attack or to have AA, not just "be moving when it fires".

You haven´t mention any changes.

NKVD: replace IL2 with commisar.

Defensive: what about just giving a straight x1.5 health to all defensive structures (bunkers, tank traps, trenches).
Anyway a speed build time buff could also work but i find the health increase more attractive.

1 May 2014, 18:28 PM

I would actually move away from trying to slap on bonuses to powers that just don't belong. Accuracy bonus on all infantry while Rapid Conscription is active doesn't make much sense. "Yes comrade! You are easily replaced so fight hard, da?". It makes the game more complicated in a way that is more inaccessible to newer players as well.

Instead I'd prefer such abilities to be refined and improved until they actually are valuable. Rapid Conscription has great potential I believe. One the the innate weaknesses of these powers it that they give you a basic infantry unit without veteran levels late into the game when the power of such units is diminished. Those units are more likely to hurt your income through their upkeep value than help you. However conscript's merge power lets you kill squads while reinforcing others. If a conscript unit is actually utterly useless then you can burn the conscript squad to reinforce a better squad.

That's a good point. Certainly any additional effects added to an ability would have to fit the description or see the name and description changed.

Another idea would be to reduce the infantry reinforcement cost for the duration of the ability, thus reducing the inherent manpower drain.
1 May 2014, 18:30 PM

I approve all the changes, though I think you're missing the change you wanted for Penals Cruzz.

I might not necessarily agree with the current role penals have in the game, but they're being used and to decent effect so they don't really have a place here in my little corner of gimps and ubermensch.

M42 45mm AT gun: increase damage to 100 (from 80), increase penetration to 130/95/60 (from 100/80/60).
I just wonder how much damage it could deal to medium tank with this change. Considering that it has a faster Rof.

Quite a lot, but you have to note that the penetration increase is heavily balanced towards the point blank range, so they'd not really do that much from farther away to PIVs except when firing in the rear. And I do think that these niche units should overperform a bit just to give a reason to use the commanders.

BTW, this hp increase would save it from light artillery or bombing strike? I see you directly reduce the stuka damage to barely let it live.

The light artillery is purely random scatter with 90 damage per hit so it would take 7 direct hits on the artillery piece which probably isn't going to happen. Bombing run I believe is 300 on a full hit, not sure if it's possible to receive damage from more than 2 bombs aoe size wise with a howitzer or not (my guess is that it should be safe, but the actual hitbox of the howitzer might be larger than I believe), pak43 would probably get oneshot by it still because it's just too damn large. Not much you can do about this though because I don't think bombing run damage should be reduced by 50% just for this and increasing pak43 health to over 900 seems rather silly too. Railway clearing weapons would be purely based on luck, as you need one straight hit and one glancing one to kill.

You haven´t mention any changes.

Right, seems I've accidentally removed the line at some point while editing. Go me.

NKVD: replace IL2 with commisar.

While it would be nice, I seriously doubt they'd create new abilities or even adapt singleplayer ones for these old commanders.

Defensive: what about just giving a straight x1.5 health to all defensive structures (bunkers, tank traps, trenches).

We finally got reasonable counters to bunker spam that would kinda die off again, and one side doesn't even have a defensive structure that would need health except for tank traps while other one has two (bunkers & trenches), bit too unfair to the soviet version.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS