Login

russian armor

Cruzz's fantasy patch thread

3 May 2014, 19:23 PM

Nah, you're third.

Being general a-hole is also scored and in that only wiking is better then you.

You have the shittiest come backs. Third place is yours. You are a rude, idiot fanboy who should be banned from the game and all forums. You regularly attack forum members. No idea who wiking is, I'm guessing he was some sort of version of you only for ost, therefore your mortal enemy obviously by beliefs. But you have no place to judge fanboys as you are one the most biased people on here. You don't even play the game. You just come on the forums and whine. GTFO.
3 May 2014, 19:57 PM
Patrion 310

idiot fanboy who should be banned from the game and all forums. But you have no place to judge fanboys as you are one the most biased people on here.

Wut? Your calling him the fan boy.....

If your gonna ignore him then just shut up and do it, boring to read you raging at him because he posted something that isn't pro Germans.
2 of 3 Relic postsRelic 3 May 2014, 20:36 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Looks good Cruzz, we'll definitely test out some of these changes when we get the chance. For now, we're focused on the two new armies and their interplay with the current two factions.
3 May 2014, 20:39 PM

Looks good Cruzz, we'll test out some of these changes when we get the chance. For now, we're focusing on the two new armies. We want them to fit in well and not create a number of new balance issues.

3 May 2014, 21:05 PM

Sherman veterancy needs to be reworked imo. It already reloads very fast, but starting from vet2 it becomes an auto cannon imo
3 May 2014, 21:06 PM

Wut? Your calling him the fan boy.....

If your gonna ignore him then just shut up and do it, boring to read you raging at him because he posted something that isn't pro Germans.

LOL you are a moron. Sure I play Germans more. I still play russia and still have more expeirence than you two retards together. What will you say when I play America exclusively in a month?

http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561197974205301

YOU ARE A SOVIET FANBOY OBVIOUSLY. ALMOST 100% 2v2 soviet.
I personally do not like the design of the soviets. Way rather wait for a better designed allied faction.
3 May 2014, 21:55 PM
Patrion 310

LOL you are a moron. Sure I play Germans more. I still play russia and still have more expeirence than you two retards together. What will you say when I play America exclusively in a month?

I personally do not like the design of the soviets. Way rather wait for a better designed allied faction.

In random games my ratio is a little over 2:1 for soviets : germans. Yours is more like 1:27 for soviets : germans and yet I am a fan boy and you are not. Good one. Should have been a comedian.
3 May 2014, 22:03 PM

In random games my ratio is a little over 2:1 for soviets : germans. Yours is more like 1:27 for soviets : germans and yet I am a fan boy and you are not. Good one. Should have been a comedian.

It doesnt matter what games you play. its how you talk on here. you whine for german nerfs and sov buffs thats it and anyone who thinks otherwise is a fanboy to you.
3 May 2014, 22:05 PM
Patrion 310

It doesnt matter what games you play. its how you talk on here. you whine for german nerfs and sov buffs thats it and anyone who thinks otherwise is a fanboy to you.

If it doesnt matter what games I play why write this

3 May 2014, 22:06 PM

3 May 2014, 22:07 PM

Back on the topic. I would say that combat engineers/pios need a price reduction. cons i would say should be 200 mp(they are definitely not on the level on grens or any other 240 mp unit).
3 May 2014, 22:07 PM

If it doesnt matter what games I play why write this

its the truth
3 May 2014, 22:08 PM

katitof is #3 in worst people in this community. #bankatitof
3 May 2014, 22:10 PM
Patrion 310

its the truth

Prove it.
3 May 2014, 22:13 PM

Prove it.

You already did in all the posts you have made. I'm done with your retarded posts that are cluttering up a really good thread.
3 May 2014, 22:17 PM
Patrion 14

Stop this bullshit right now. This was a good thread but you guys made it degenerate into a senseless bitching war.
3 May 2014, 23:00 PM

Over all pretty good ideas/suggestions. Some of these ideas scare me a bit in terms of balancing.

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2014, 09:29 AMCruzz

MG42:
Generally too immobile to deal with conscripts that can oorah, A slight reduction in setup time helps it be a bit more mobile and maybe reposition against flanks.

MG42's compared to the Maxim have a wide arc which in itself prevents flanking. What you are purposing would reduce the effectiveness of a good flank, which is hard to achieve with a wide arc.

Panzergrenadiers:
Honestly I don't understand the armor change. I never thought PGs were even performing as well as grenadiers.

The terminator squads were over performing. Relic stated they used science/stats behind this call and frankly I agree. Less armor encourages the player to seek cover and discourages blobbing.

German halftrack:
Frankly a bit overpriced right now, completely overshadowed by the 222 in a combat role...Flamer upgrade is overpriced as well...

Um, shouldn't be be over showered by the 222? Without Guards the Flamer halftrack is a poor man's KV8 and very difficult to counter.

ISU152:
Low risk, high reward unit.

ISU's lack a turret. Flanking and baiting with armor is a proper counter. Anything infantry based is going to have a bad time. I believe a reduction to anti-infantry damage is all that is required.

Sector Artillery:
You can currently dodge 100% of this ability just by keeping your units constantly moving and not following another unit.

Heat seeking artillery is just silly.

4 May 2014, 00:23 AM

MG42's compared to the Maxim have a wide arc which in itself prevents flanking. What you are purposing would reduce the effectiveness of a good flank, which is hard to achieve with a wide arc.

I wish people cleared MG42s with clean flanking, most people just rush straight at it knowing that the unit can't actually deal with two units in the cone even with full vision.

While MG42s setting up slightly faster does raise the ceiling for a "succesful" flank, I don't think that ceiling is anywhere near high enough right now as it is. Before vet2 I'd pretty much always be better off with a much more well rounded grenadier that is not at risk of getting cleared by a barrage and getting capped by the soviets, it's only those veterancy bonuses that finally give the MG42 some actually scary control capability.

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2014, 23:00 PMNapalm
The terminator squads were over performing. Relic stated they used science/stats behind this call and frankly I agree. Less armor encourages the player to seek cover and discourages blobbing.

Where were these terminator squads? I can tell you right now that in the 25th patch I was jumping from joy whenever I saw a PG squad instead of more grens, because it meant I had a juicy manpower target that was actually vulnerable to a single conscript squad, unlike upgunned grens. And they had 1.2 armor then with weaker conscripts...

As for less armor reducing blobbing, it has mostly had the opposite effect on me. I never have my PGs alone now, the more units surrounding them and taking fire away from them the better.

Um, shouldn't be be over showered by the 222? Without Guards the Flamer halftrack is a poor man's KV8 and very difficult to counter.

People made halftracks primarily for the combat performance, not the reinforcement. Now with the 222 being absolutely better at combat as well as cheaper, there's no reason to have the 251 except the reinforcement. And you're competing with the cheaper command bunker for that. The current price point is also exactly the same as the much much more powerful Soviet M5.

Mines and atnades and atguns still work on halftracks last I checked, and to be honest it's not like the flamer upgrade shows up on the field more than 1-2 minutes before a T3/T4 vehicles so I don't really buy the "hard to counter" argument with the current battle phase 2 requirement on it.

ISU's lack a turret. Flanking and baiting with armor is a proper counter. Anything infantry based is going to have a bad time. I believe a reduction to anti-infantry damage is all that is required.

How do you bait a 100 range unit? For that matter with what and how exactly do you flank a 100 range unit sitting in the middle of the map with several ATguns behind it? There's no incentive to chase after anything with the isu152, you can just sit in the safest little bunker you can think of and bleed your opponent to death.

Completely neutering it's ability to kill infantry to the level of the Elefant might remove balance issues in 1vs1 (by stopping anyone from building one again because they'd be useless), but it would still leave it as the "go to" unit in team games that every single remotely organized team is bound to use every single game because it offers such a huge advantage over anything else with the range advantage.

Heat seeking artillery is just silly.

So is 200 munition artillery that never hits. I've seen this ability used a handful of times and gotten hit maybe once when I've failed to notice the sector color in the minimap. The only thing this ability does to anyone who notices that it has been triggered, is force them to move their units in that sector. For 200 munitions and 11cps I'd expect a bit more.

Btw. mortars "heat seek" as you put it, they predict movement.

PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS