Login

russian armor

Cruzz's fantasy patch thread

6 May 2014, 14:46 PM

German halftrack: cost down to 220/20 (from 270/30) **I think the ammo reduction for upgrade is enough**

Price change is not really needed for team games because the maps are bigger so the reinforcement point value of a HT is much higher. But in 1vs1 there's not much point to the unit at the current price point. Might be a slightly too large change, but not like there's any real potential for a balance issue here so didn't put that much thought into it.

Add 125mp/30f research for pioneer demolition charges for germans. **fuell cost maybe to high**

I think it's fine, demolition charges are pretty powerful...especially as conscripts don't have riflenades to clear them unlike grenadiers.

...Which is actually something of an issue, guess I should add a line about sweeped democharges being demolishable with small arms fire to the list as well.

Soviet TM-35 mine: Damage far to 0.2 (from 1) **I think the damage is good but it should cost a little more**

The price performance of these mines against vehicles is already fine. The issue is that they oneshot infantry, and oneshotting a squad would still be a super good deal at 45 munitions even though it would then be really bad compared to tellers(/riegels) against tanks. The aoe damage value hardly matters at all against vehicles, because the engine crit will get applied no matter how low the aoe damage is.

Fear Propaganda: Guaranteed suppress on every tick in AOE. Pin and Retreat chances unchanged. **maybe decrease municost from 100 to 80**

Dropping the price without giving it the guaranteed effect would obviously be another direction to take, but not one I like.

Blitzkrieg Tactics: Increase speed max by 0.3 while engine not damaged.**30% is maybe a bit too high**

+0.3, not 30%. Translates to less than 10% max speed on any vehicle. Value up for discussion obviously, I just wanted to give blitz something extra that will be somewhat noticeable but nowhere near the racing cars of previous patches.

German sniper: incendiary rounds available at vet0, vet1 infantry awareness **I like the addition of inf awareness very much, but I think I would do vet1 inc rounds, vet2 inf awareness

The whole point of incendiary rounds at vet0 is to provide a chance for a oneshot counter snipe without having to level up, mostly for team games where countering soviet snipers can be quite hard currently.

Removal of heavy engine crit chance from faust/atnade **maybe an idea to still have a chance when getting hit in the rear

No, I want to get rid of this piece of RNG, not add more to the game.

Soviet combined army: Replace AT gun camo with KV-1 call-in. **I think the commander is getting too good with this change

So we'd have a new usable commander in the game then, great!

A small hp nerf for ISU-152 and Elaphant but maybe the range nerf is enough

If the range change didn't prove to be enough, sure.

Some kind of small nerf to 222 sc. Maybe range or something. (the sovjet scoutcar is also nerfed)

Don't see the need.
7 May 2014, 14:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 May 2014, 14:46 PMCruzz
I think it's fine, demolition charges are pretty powerful...especially as conscripts don't have riflenades to clear them unlike grenadiers.

...Which is actually something of an issue, guess I should add a line about sweeped democharges being demolishable with small arms fire to the list as well.

I'd like to see the Sweeping Teams updated. More UI info. I'd like a dotted ring when they are selected to show their sweeping range and a little icon or text popup when they find a mine. Maybe even the name of the mine: a simple "Tellermine" or "Demo Charge" in red font like the crits on vehicles.

And I don't recall the exact interaction of sweepers and demo charges. But the trigger button to detonate them should be disabled if the demo charge is in the sweeping range of the sweeping team. Even better but more complex would be the idea to toggle the instant detonation to a timed detonation of 5(?) seconds so if the sweeping team finds a demo charge and the owner of the charge notices this he can trigger it and the sweeping team has to hurry to disable it.
7 May 2014, 15:43 PM

Cruzz you can bear my children. Good jawb
10 May 2014, 22:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2014, 10:19 AMCruzz

Company of call-ins with a building is fine with me. I'm not really interested in removing that type of style of play, I just want to make call-in cost better reflect their performance and through that make base units more competitive.

Maybe some of the problem is that you get experience (cps) for building buildings. If you wouldnt get CPs for buildings you would be more willing/forced to build units from the building.
11 May 2014, 01:11 AM

Permanently Banned
No happy that grenadiers are still the same armor as a 4 man squad of cons
Neo
11 May 2014, 01:49 AM

No happy that grenadiers are still the same armor as a 4 man squad of cons

You'll get used to it... :)
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias