Login

russian armor

Who thinks troop training is fair?

30 Apr 2014, 07:27 AM

A vetted mortar can really be a huge pain , also the vetted scoutcar is a huge pain.
I dislike this and never use the commander. It has no place in competitive play.
30 Apr 2014, 07:31 AM
Honorary Member Badge

i don't think its the individual units/ability's that's the problem. but that there all together in one commander.
30 Apr 2014, 07:38 AM

Its supposed to be a disadvanatage only being able to call the one Tiger, but of course in 1v1, thats basicaly out the window.

I think it would be fair to make it only apply to infantry. But the mortar would still be a bit OP.

30 Apr 2014, 07:41 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Huh? Ofc the individual "troop training" ability is a problem. In COH2 both factions earn veterancy, and veterancy is extremely powerful. That is a core game mechanic. It's a big part of "every battle tells a story," as the veterancy of each unit represents its actions in battle. All of this is what is wonderful about the game.

Elite Troops breaks it all. You pay money for a commander, and suddenly you can "buy" vetted units long before they should ever be on the battlefield, creating completely imba fights right at the start of the game. Each one of those "elite troops vetted" units is actually robbed of it's "story"... it didn't fight to earn its vet. It has no story. Its vet came from p2w DLC. The whole thought of it just makes you want to vomit. No longer can you tell units that earned their vet apart from units that simply converted a resource.

Would I as a caster want to name a tripvet Gren that has 0 kills and follow him around the battlefield? Um, no, I wouldn't. Conversely, watching that tripvet Gren fight makes me want to uninstall the game.
30 Apr 2014, 07:48 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2014, 07:22 AMTNrg
Troop training and the whole elite troops commander is everything that CoH 2 shouldn't be.

a) It's DLC

b) It gives the user a significant advantage

Conclusion: pay to win.

i know better, Conclusion: you are noob, L2P. :P
30 Apr 2014, 09:10 AM

I think it is a bit expensive (25 fuel). And there are some balance issiues. How to;

1) It should be unlocked at 3-4 even 5 CP. Its early game advantage is quite high with 3 vet infantries.

2) Or it should change to a new system something like gives infantries 2 vets and vehicles 1 vet.
30 Apr 2014, 09:14 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

This free weekend had noob people choosing this skill. Abused much of it, without knowing use therefore was losing the match. They believed they would win. lol
30 Apr 2014, 10:26 AM

I don't like the idea of paid experience even if it is somehow balanced atm.
30 Apr 2014, 10:39 AM

I think it needs a CP change to 6 CP. A vet 3 mortar or a vet 2 sniper is pure murder against soviet tier 2 in the early-mid game.
30 Apr 2014, 11:25 AM

I think it needs a CP change to 6 CP. A vet 3 mortar or a vet 2 sniper is pure murder against soviet tier 2 in the early-mid game.

Hmm, I agree, but than it looses a lot of it's power.
I think it would be good if you only got 1 vet on units, or the troops training takes a really long time.
30 Apr 2014, 11:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2014, 07:48 AMakosi

i know better, Conclusion: you are noob, L2P. :P

Noob, yes, but this is not a L2P thing :D just the fact that this commander exists in it's current state is wrong and against everything this game should be IMO...
30 Apr 2014, 11:48 AM

It just is needs some tweaking.

The idea of getting vet troops is fine. However how is it implemented needs tweaking.

Current Troop training is FU intensive but low MP and starts at 0CP. Thus the user could use them immediately to get some advantage early game with hardly any consequences, which does not effect much since its MP intensive early on. If played well, he/she could negate the FU disadvantage by taking more sectors. To make the matters worst, tiger ace does not require any FU allowing to be independent from the need for FU.

Troop training is not an issue later during mid-late game, as there are more units as well as vet units in the game.

I m suggesting that it should be more MP and less FU, with the intention that get quality unit while sacrificing quantity. That will influence the capping power and map control.

I m suggesting it should be:
320MP 15FU from 100MP 25FU
90sec cooldown
less exp bonus (limit to Vet2)
30 Apr 2014, 12:38 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2014, 11:32 AMTNrg

Noob, yes, but this is not a L2P thing :D just the fact that this commander exists in it's current state is wrong and against everything this game should be IMO...

since it will hold back your tech,light vehicles, + soviet snipe OP as hell, and kill your vetted units....

against competent player,this ability like the STug call in, FREE VET. :P
30 Apr 2014, 14:14 PM

Not only is the troop training borderline broken, considering it circumvents a core gameplay mechanic, the commander itself has no drawbacks. G43s, Smoke, Stun Nades, and a Tiger Ace? All of those abilities are at least above average, there is not another commander with that type of synergy.
30 Apr 2014, 14:28 PM

I don't think it's insta win but it would be nice if in build of the units, the Vet cost was included so you could choose to build a not vet unit or wait for resources to pay for the vetted unit, there by delaying it's time to the field. Think of a Vet Icon below the non Vet icon in the building build selection.

Keep in mind that it does cost fuel, does cost tech time and a Vet 3 Gren squad still gets smoked by a T70 or a T34.
30 Apr 2014, 14:31 PM

L2P, if i can do it anyone can do it :D
30 Apr 2014, 14:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2014, 11:48 AMy3ivan
It just is needs some tweaking.

The idea of getting vet troops is fine. However how is it implemented needs tweaking.

Current Troop training is FU intensive but low MP and starts at 0CP. Thus the user could use them immediately to get some advantage early game with hardly any consequences, which does not effect much since its MP intensive early on. If played well, he/she could negate the FU disadvantage by taking more sectors. To make the matters worst, tiger ace does not require any FU allowing to be independent from the need for FU.

Troop training is not an issue later during mid-late game, as there are more units as well as vet units in the game.

I m suggesting that it should be more MP and less FU, with the intention that get quality unit while sacrificing quantity. That will influence the capping power and map control.

I m suggesting it should be:
320MP 15FU from 100MP 25FU
90sec cooldown
less exp bonus (limit to Vet2)

I would argue that it is a problem in late game too. Think of how much loss has happend on both sides by 40 minutes, each of those veteran squads are replaced with a non-veted one which creates a new flow of game play. Typically in higher level games tanks also live longer because players use them conservatively. If you do not need to replace tanks all the time, you have the fuel to keep vetting your new troops creating a whole vet 2-3 army while the Soviet is still a mix of veteran units
30 Apr 2014, 19:29 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

-Do i like the concept: maybe.
-Do i like how it´s implemented: nope. As someone already said, passive faster vet gaining, while reducing a bit any resource for example
-Do i think it´s now balanced: somehow.
-Is the commander still strong: Yep.

I think the ability has it´s drawbacks on 1v1 and 2v2 but further we increase resources (3v3+ or good unit preservation) it comes to be a mindless decision on lategame.
30 Apr 2014, 20:57 PM

I hate it as it gives you the reward for good unit preservation for just 80mp and 25 fuel. It has no place in the game and i despise it like no other ability in the game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★