Login

russian armor

Soviet TM 35 Mine

1 May 2014, 14:07 PM

I landed quite a lot of squad wipes with sov mines recently. The problem is that a minsweeper is no longer an option but a must, unless you accept losing full health squads instantly.
I find it very limiting having to spearhead every movement into enemy territory with a slow and fragile piosquad.
1 May 2014, 14:11 PM

I landed quite a lot of squad wipes with sov mines recently. The problem is that a minsweeper is no longer an option but a must, unless you accept losing full health squads instantly.
I find it very limiting having to spearhead every movement into enemy territory with a slow and fragile piosquad.

You sound like mine sweeper was not a must against mines before...
1 May 2014, 14:20 PM

You sound like mine sweeper was not a must against mines before...

I don't like to quote myself but nevermind;

The problem is that a minsweeper is no longer an option but a must, unless you accept losing full health squads instantly.

1 May 2014, 14:59 PM
Patrion 14

Just last night I laid a mine about 1 minute into the game and a fresh full health Gren squad, that literally hadn't even been engaged yet (my combat engineers soft retreated), was instantly wiped. I really don't understand how this is acceptable.
1 May 2014, 15:17 PM

Oh and since its a mine discussion, I've learned a new thing today.

Laying mine near crawling, dying germsn soldier=bad idea.
1 May 2014, 16:15 PM

Don't forget pioneers can't be everywhere at once. Your bound to split your forces and hit a well placed mine. Let's face it guys, tm35 mines are overpowered for their cost. At 30 munitions you can kill 340 pgrens, 240 grens, and disable the most expensive of tanks. No reason to blindly defend these things, you look very fanboyish. A teller mine for 60 muni has the same effect (little less damage) as a tm35. Its so easy to see smines with their signs, it's more for area denial until a tank can just roll through and kills your 80 munis. Tone down tm35s a tad, don't overnerf.
1 May 2014, 16:32 PM

The funny thing about teller mines is they sometimes don't work at all. Two times I have seen the teller mine got ran over by a tank but the tank suffers no damage. I don't know what Relic did to make it like that but I never seen this kind of stuff happen with Soviet mines.
1 May 2014, 16:33 PM

I've never seen that happen, you should send the replay to relic so they can fix the bug.
1 May 2014, 16:36 PM

for me the real problem is not that the Russian mines instant kill German units, the real problem is that the German mines for one reason or another not instant kill Russian teams and this creates an imbalance.

so either nerf Soviet mines or buff the German mines

Needless to say, in vcoh balancing the mine was perfect, little as varied as it was about the same type of mines
1 May 2014, 16:39 PM

A German mine is 5 ammo and you place 3 of them in like 2 seconds. Against infantry they are only 50% less damaging, whilst being 6 times cheaper.
1 May 2014, 17:11 PM

Can someone check the gamefiles? I think this may have been changed in the hotfix update yesterday. I know the pricing of assault grens was and wasn't noted in the notes.
1 May 2014, 18:09 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Oh and since its a mine discussion, I've learned a new thing today.

Laying mine near crawling, dying germsn soldier=bad idea.

Just like defusing a minefield with a gren nearby (if he uses Rnade).

Can we just go to how mines were working on the previous patch? Basically rarely wiping 4 man squads?

PD: i can see german minefield getting an increase build time. SLIGHT.

PD2: i have also seeing it wipe Osstruppen 6 man full health XD
1 May 2014, 18:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2014, 17:11 PMWilliG
Can someone check the gamefiles? I think this may have been changed in the hotfix update yesterday. I know the pricing of assault grens was and wasn't noted in the notes.

Just played 2 games as soviets and still managed to squadwipe a 4 men gren squad using mines.
I even watched the replay just to verify this (squad was at 80% health - even though that's currently irrelevant).

I inflicted about 10-12 successful mine detonation to German infantry in these games and got just one '4 men' squadwipe.
Seems to be lower than before.

Maybe they changed something, but with a sample size this small this might be just wishful thinking :)
2 May 2014, 20:53 PM

Get rid of troop training then tone down squad wipes from mines. Until then Germans need to fear losing their investment from mines if they do not use detectors. Only real counter to the p2w abuse other than being insanely better than your opponent.
3 May 2014, 09:47 AM

I have just ragequit a game against Sage that he plant a mine at the first 2 minutes and squad wipe my pio.

Mines are suppressing traps in vCOH, do minor damage but completely cripple a flank, not the bullshit squad wiping crap now we have.
3 May 2014, 10:55 AM

Whilst it's always nice as a Soviet to wipe one of those annoying G43, MG42 equipped elite troops vetted squads just to remind the enemy that there is some small remaining balance in the game, it is bad to have your squads wiped. I liked how it worked in vCoH and I don't understand why it cannot happen here. Suppression and significant (but NOT squad wiping significant) damage is good enough. RNG needs to go...
3 May 2014, 11:15 AM
Patrion 310

anti infantry mines from wehrmacht can easily wipe a consquad if you are not literally on top of the unit watching it. There is no problem with that I guess? I have never seen such squad wipes you're talking about, just a 3 men kill, but for that, many of my mines have been detected.
3 May 2014, 12:15 PM

Played a game yesterday, first mine wiped a full health vet 2 gren squad, the second and third one killed 3 models, after that I was forced to push with minesweepers leading the charge.

Something must be done asap, mines in vCOH were just perfect, now they feel like very cheap mini nukes...
3 May 2014, 14:30 PM

what? carry a pioneer with you all the time? gl with that shit cuz the German pioneer is oftenly needed at the base until t4. and what? have the pioneer sweep the road before moving tanks in? ud be lucky if the pionner even gets that far. as for the the german, the mine is expensive while the russian version is cheap and thus stackable. so what if the 90 ammo german mine takes out 3/4th of the health of a cheap t34 tank? 3 of the russian one is bound to take out a tiger, if not a panther.

i admit germans were a bit or so OP after the gren buff patch. but admit it, this russian buff patch is ridiculous.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★