Login

russian armor

Back from the sewers: Lobbies will bring a lot of $$$

Would you like a server list (lobby) in CoH2?
Option Distribution Votes
70%
30%
Total votes: 47
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
28 Apr 2014, 09:18 AM

Just before starting I want to say that I really think that CoH2 is becoming a better and better game. After I got the game on it's release date I honestly thought that I wasted my money on it. But meanwhile I really enjoy it and also brought a friend to buy this game to have some 2 on 2 action which is really fun.

Now that all people complaining about at the moment is balance, Puma here and ISU there, I want to come back to the fact that still there is no such thing as a lobby or a server list in this game.

Sure there are chatrooms now but honestly: Almost NOBODY uses them searching for a game.
Lobbies would have such an amazing potential especially after the Steam Workshop integration. So many people are "afraid" of playing online ranked because you know... it's ranked and a loss there means something. But in lobbies where you could just find a game with your preferred faction on your preferred map that problem wouldn't exist. And if Relic integrated the custom maps from the workshop this would be amazing.
Just remember the good old counter strike days where most people played on custom maps. That nostalgia.

Yeah nevertheless lobbies would also keep more player in playing this game what means that these people would (just like me) recommend the game to friends. And this would end in money. Easy as that. With Relics Battleservers this shouldn't be a very big problem regarding to the profit it would bring.

I really think most CoH2 players would enjoy lobby-playing.
28 Apr 2014, 10:04 AM

28 Apr 2014, 10:14 AM

Don't destroy my hopes and dreams Katitof!
28 Apr 2014, 10:17 AM
28 Apr 2014, 10:24 AM

For custom maps yes, for the rest it's going quite alright now :)
28 Apr 2014, 10:27 AM

Lobbies for custom games is a no brainer.
I can't understand why Relic didn't develop it yet.
28 Apr 2014, 13:00 PM

Been missing lobbies since Beta, and I was verry surprised to see the final game missing such a basic feature. The way Relic and Noun danced arround this subject for way too long without clarifying or correcting the false rumours makes it that much worse.

I honestly think the game would benefit a lot from public lobbies, and if you have a look at vCOH there was, and still are, a big chunk of the playerbase that enjoys the posibilities that lobbies offer. This means that for a lot of people COH2 simply isnt an option.

Now I could see lobbies solving a lot of the problems people are having with this game. In adition to allowing you to play the map and gamemode you like, it would allow you to match up with players that you had good connectivity with, exclude "OP commander of the month", it would allow for some planning in random team games and exclude abusive players.

Another really exciting feature would be to integrate custom maps and automatic transfer of theese. It would add to the longevity of the game, and bring some much needed variety for the more casual segment.

I know a lot of people who simply dropped this game upon hearing that theire only option (unless they wanted the process of finding games to be a real hassle) was random VP. I think most of you know some as well?
28 Apr 2014, 13:16 PM

Maybe Relic fears lobbies would split the player base too much, as the community is not that big. In Wargame: Red Dragon, sometimes you sit there for ages to have enough people join your game, while there are 10-20 lobbies waiting for players. At the same time hardly anyone is searching for automatch.
Less players @ automatch would presumably lead to longer waiting times and more disparity in team strength, which would then frustrate people and make them abandon automatch even more... so I guess for a community of this size, "forced" automatch might be the best way to go. Also, chances are higher you get equally skilled opponents compared to lobby games.
28 Apr 2014, 13:29 PM

Why does nobody use the Chat? Maybe thats what we should improve.
28 Apr 2014, 13:41 PM

Why does nobody use the Chat? Maybe thats what we should improve.

I remember this trending post, hmmm, what was it again

Ah, that's why I try to not use it.
28 Apr 2014, 17:29 PM

Maybe Relic fears lobbies would split the player base too much, as the community is not that big. In Wargame: Red Dragon, sometimes you sit there for ages to have enough people join your game, while there are 10-20 lobbies waiting for players. At the same time hardly anyone is searching for automatch.
Less players @ automatch would presumably lead to longer waiting times and more disparity in team strength, which would then frustrate people and make them abandon automatch even more... so I guess for a community of this size, "forced" automatch might be the best way to go. Also, chances are higher you get equally skilled opponents compared to lobby games.

There might be a bit fewer people automatching, but fact remains that having both options worked in vCOH, while limiting the options excludes a big part of the playerbase. Opening the game for that segment would get more people playing and increase the playerbase.

If lobbies were so succesfull that you werent able to find games in automatch, then I would say thats simply a great argument in favour of lobbies.
28 Apr 2014, 17:36 PM

Lobbies are outdated and you should feel outdated!

I wouldnt mind them tbh, but I don't view them as an essential feature as the automatch and custome games are more than enough for the vast majority of players.
28 Apr 2014, 17:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2014, 17:36 PMWilliG
Lobbies are outdated and you should feel outdated!

I wouldnt mind them tbh, but I don't view them as an essential feature as the automatch and custome games are more than enough for the vast majority of players.

Yes. Choosing the gamemode and map you actually want to play and having great connectivity, without workarrounds, are so old school :P
28 Apr 2014, 17:40 PM

well, you gotta understand is that 95% of all players who ever played coh 2 didin't like it because those 95% of all players like 4v4 scheldt annihilation 4 hour long shitfests. They don't care about anything.

Coh 2 gives us automatch.

I play mostly 1v1s, i wouldn't mind lobbies, but i don't think they are needed anyway.
28 Apr 2014, 17:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2014, 17:40 PMBurts
well, you gotta understand is that 95% of all players who ever played coh 2 didin't like it because those 95% of all players like 4v4 scheldt annihilation 4 hour long shitfests. They don't care about anything.

Coh 2 gives us automatch.

I play mostly 1v1s, i wouldn't mind lobbies, but i don't think they are needed anyway.

I never liked that kind of gameplay myself, but if allowing those people to play the way they want, like they could in vCOH, causes a influx of players thus strengthening the COH franchise, I see no harm. Even though neither of us enjoyed Scheldt anihilation much, it helped funding the game, wich we all benefited from.
28 Apr 2014, 18:28 PM

Yes. Choosing the gamemode and map you actually want to play and having great connectivity, without workarrounds, are so old school :P

Personally I'd rather see relic spend their time creating new content like new armies and free commanders. Eventually I'd like to see this feature implemented but it is not something that relic sega will see a roi on and thus is probably near the bottom of the list. Just being realistic here. They are aware that ppl want lobbies also.
29 Apr 2014, 08:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2014, 18:28 PMWilliG

Personally I'd rather see relic spend their time creating new content like new armies and free commanders. Eventually I'd like to see this feature implemented but it is not something that relic sega will see a roi on and thus is probably near the bottom of the list. Just being realistic here. They are aware that ppl want lobbies also.

Hard to say wether it would pay of or not. On one side it would probably attract those people who dropped this game because of the lack of basic public lobbies. On the other, Relic did a really good job hiding this until release, and they did let people believe lobbies were on theire way after release, so those people might have bought the game already only to have it gather dust.

I do believe however that lobbies, with support for custom maps, would be a more cost efficient way to keep the game alive with fresh content, than regulair release of commanders. That always fealt like a way to cover up other shortcomings to me.
29 Apr 2014, 09:41 AM

Somewhat agree, on the other hand I know about 15 people who don't want to play the game because of lobbies.

I have 3 friends that bought the game but never installed it after I told them it doesn't have custom game lobby (real life friends)

VCOH had more players in dying days than COH2, with lobbies. I think that not having lobbies is actually hurting player base.

I personally don't play very often because I cannot take more than 1-2 games a week with terrible balance (either I get steamrolled in 2v2 with 'I just installed the game' partner or I get someone pretty good and we steamroll some 2 poor noobs.
Neither is enjoyable for me

The only way to get equally skilled opponents in team games is through lobby or have playing partner (and that's not very often either), but who has time to keep COH2 playing schedule
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★