Login

russian armor

ISU-152

• This thread is locked
PAGES (35)down
27 Apr 2014, 21:32 PM

In the absence of an actual "ignore" function I will just say that I am no longer responding to you.

I too have made that promise many times, but it seems the sheer idiocy of Katitof's arguments and bias practically beg to be challenged, especially in threads where no one else seems interested in throwing out the trash.
27 Apr 2014, 21:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2014, 20:59 PMMadok

I've only seen two of his games against Cruzz today and those were good examples why the ISU is too strong.
EDIT: Keep in mind Cruzz knew the ISU would be used. That is a huge advantage as Cruzz could prepare accordingly - these games were all about the ISU's performance.

It's not important that Hans won both games - that might have been due to skill or just luck.
(Second game was EPIC btw. and also showcased the problems with the new Puma unit.)

What is important however is how the game changed once the ISU hit the field.

Cruzz was forced to attack the entrenched position of Hans.
Simply because Hans was suddenly able to obliterate entire units at will once the ISU got a bead on them - which wasn't too hard given the ISU's range (sight as well as weapon range).
I was also amazed to see how easily the ISU vaporizes shotblockes - two shots just about completely removed one of the central (by the middle VP) hedges on "Crossing in the woods".

The ISU is a game changer:
Setup weapons become obsolete - as for the other units:
Attack and/or die!

It's no Tiger Ace (pre nerf) but that's still not OK.

I've seen the last game and all i saw was two players trying to prove something, not a game thats played to win. I saw ISU, squad wiping twice, ending the game at 63% efficiency(2 of them). I saw puma frontal rush from killing ISU among at guns. I saw Cruzz not building anything to deal with weapon support crews or AT guns. I saw Cruzz rushing his pumas to kill second ISU that was hiding at base edge instead of fighting for flags.

This game remembered me when shook troops were 1 CP and it was all the rage on forums, and at the time there was this SNF#5 final, were both pro players tried to expoit recent "mistake" by relic. Well soviet forces didnt won a single round that final.

This game is about reflex, fast managment of troops and thats it. Top players dont impress with some well thought out tactics but the responce time they give command to units.

27 Apr 2014, 21:50 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2014, 21:44 PMChegwin
This game is about reflex, fast managment of troops and thats it. Top players dont impress with some well thought out tactics but the responce time they give command to units.

That's right folks, COH is all about the APM. /sarcasm
27 Apr 2014, 21:59 PM
Patrion 14

On a more serious note, it seems both Hans and VonIvan are in favor of nerfing the ISU, at least vs. infantry. So it seems like among those without a huge bias there is a consensus here.
27 Apr 2014, 22:05 PM

All that whining aside, are you guys really trying to argue that Germans don't have anything to deal with ISU-152? Really?
Why are you obsessed with 1 shoot wipes? This unit was 2 shooting squads from the very beginning. Tiger can 2-3 shoot Conscripts now as well you know? With recent patch EVERY tank is lethal to infantry so it is to expect for a super heavy unit to do just that because IT IS NOT INFANTRY you should fight ISU-152 with. You need to use your tanks and don't you even dare to say that poor Germans don't have right tank for the job because that would be just silly.
Now as far as the game goes if you don't have respective tank force when ISU arrives I dare to say that you've lost this game long before this happens.
27 Apr 2014, 22:12 PM
Honorary Member Badge

On a more serious note, it seems both Hans and VonIvan are in favor of nerfing the ISU, at least vs. infantry. So it seems like among those without a huge bias there is a consensus here.

"Apart from the people who disagree with me because they are biased, everybody agrees with me"
27 Apr 2014, 22:20 PM
Patrion 14

"Apart from the people who disagree with me because they are biased, everybody agrees with me"

Just the pro players.

Now as far as the game goes if you don't have respective tank force when ISU arrives I dare to say that you've lost this game long before this happens.

The game that I played that made me so passionate about this issue was going my way all day until the ISU hit the field... at which point my army evaporated. Did you see the game that got Hans so upset earlier today? It was neck-and-neck vs. cruzz, right up until the ISU hit the field. At that exact moment, he had the strategic initiative.

On a more general note, there is an enormous difference between 1-shotting a squad and 2-shotting a squad.
27 Apr 2014, 22:29 PM

That's right folks, COH is all about the APM. /sarcasm

Don't know about COH but COH2? year pretty much
27 Apr 2014, 22:40 PM

Just the pro players.

The game that I played that made me so passionate about this issue was going my way all day until the ISU hit the field... at which point my army evaporated. Did you see the game that got Hans so upset earlier today? It was neck-and-neck vs. cruzz, right up until the ISU hit the field. At that exact moment, he had the strategic initiative.

On a more general note, there is an enormous difference between 1-shotting a squad and 2-shotting a squad.

All you need is one tank behind ISU-152. Use Puma. It's more than enough.
27 Apr 2014, 22:42 PM

Elefant is not the only option, consider a howie. Placed well so it's not easy to get Los on it. With all that fuel tied up in the ISU, soviets might try a desperate t34 or inf squad to get Los for a bomb strike. But this should be dealt with easily enough.

Also of course an ISU arriving swings the battle significantly, just like any heavy tank.
27 Apr 2014, 22:43 PM

Why are you obsessed with 1 shoot wipes? This unit was 2 shooting squads from the very beginning. Tiger can 2-3 shoot Conscripts now as well you know? With recent patch EVERY tank is lethal to infantry so it is to expect for a super heavy unit to do just that because IT IS NOT INFANTRY you should fight ISU-152 with.
There´s a distinct difference between being able to wipe squads from 40m and 100m range. The Tiger can´t wipe squads and avoid being shot at - for example by AT guns.
27 Apr 2014, 22:51 PM

All that whining aside, are you guys really trying to argue that Germans don't have anything to deal with ISU-152? Really?
Why are you obsessed with 1 shoot wipes? This unit was 2 shooting squads from the very beginning. Tiger can 2-3 shoot Conscripts now as well you know? With recent patch EVERY tank is lethal to infantry so it is to expect for a super heavy unit to do just that because IT IS NOT INFANTRY you should fight ISU-152 with. You need to use your tanks and don't you even dare to say that poor Germans don't have right tank for the job because that would be just silly.

I have said since very beginning that ISU152's squad wipe abilities need toning down. :)

Also, there's a world of difference between 1shot and 2-3shotting. One offers the defending player no opportunity to react, the other does. That's not even counting the range disparity - conscripts being attacked by a tiger will know that the tiger is there. ISU152 can quite easily pop squads you thought were safe or otherwise aren't "engaged" at the moment and thus aren't taking a lot of your attention. The only warning you get is the announcer telling you that they died for the fatherland.
27 Apr 2014, 23:05 PM

http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198009261973

Look at Katikof playercad, I don't know why he don't show it on his profile...

He is an experienced player with maaany games on his count... *Ironic mode = Off

Btw you have more forum post that games played.

ROFL

LOL I may play 4v4 and suck at soviets, but wow.
28 Apr 2014, 00:11 AM

A total of 41 1v1 games SINCE LAUNCH doesn't impress me. Your team games are probably all AT, any bozos can win 2v2s versus randoms.

Also my stats aren't the point because i'm not going around bragging about a good ratio after 13 games, using god knows which patch/and which exploits.

If it have taken you almost 9 months to play 13 1v1s as your precious Soviets then there is really nothing left to say. You live this game vicariously through forums and shoutcasts/replays, and yet you have the audacity to call into question the game experience of others. You probably only search for a 1v1 after practicing 100 games of sniper spam or some other ridiculous strat vs AI.

Considering the fact that I started 1v1 a month ago? Duh.

I never said I'm 1v1 player, I always underlined 2v2 is what I do most.

And again, will you show us your card finally or are you too busy spitting shit in the vicinity of you.
Because I have that hunch that you are wiking 2.0 aka 4v4 one faction hero with 5 digit ladder rank.

You spit same irrational shit as him, except he had a butthurt avbout soviets and you seem to be butthurt about me.

Or even better, how about we play a friendly games? 3 games, best of two, everyone plays both factions, all reps posted here?

Up for that? If not, then go back to official forums to bark together with hingie and armyguy, because thats pretty much all you can do, hot air breather with no spine at all.

You know my profile, feel free to friendlist me and we'll play some games tomorrow to see who is better, hm?
Thou I really expect unending stream of excuses from you, just like wiking was terrified of 1v1 challenge.

You will beat me, it will mean you are right and you will have a proof of that and if I will beat you, it will mean you are just another shit talker who cant even stand up to his words.

I'm pretty sure quite a few people would like to see that games.
28 Apr 2014, 00:20 AM

28 Apr 2014, 00:24 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Just the pro players.

Both of them it seems
28 Apr 2014, 00:39 AM

I think One Shot whipes are crap. Total crap. From any unit. Any Faction. No matter what it costs.

Increase the Scatter and increase the ROF for the ISU. Problem solved. No potency lost for the most expensive unit in game and no more squad whipes.

It should kill a full health squad faster than any piece of armor. So do whatever it takes to get that right. (more scatter less damage per shot double ROF for example)

Elephant is another topic. I havent faced one this patch so I cant comment.
28 Apr 2014, 00:41 AM

Play that match, we must see dat!!!!!!!!!!!!
28 Apr 2014, 00:42 AM
Honorary Member Badge

adressing entire thread:

none of this has to do with anyone's player card, how biased one is or isn't, showmatches or how many quote on quote "pro" (celebrity) players agree with someone this thread has to do with the ISU 152.

offtopic:
on the note of the "showmatch". how good you are doesn't determine how well you understand the game or the quality of your feed back. by all means don't let me stop you, i am looking forward to watching this. :P

edit: deaths head your no fun. (i wanted to see that. :P)

28 Apr 2014, 00:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2014, 00:11 AMKatitof

Considering the fact that I started 1v1 a month ago? Duh.

Well that does clear a lot of things up now doesn't it? No wonder you have made absolutely zero sense in your balance discussion since last summer! You haven't actually played a competitive mode until last month!

Strangely...you seem proud of that?

I never said I'm 1v1 player, I always underlined 2v2 is what I do most.

You are barely a 2v2 player in terms of in-game experience too though. If you didn't have such a big mouth/weak arguments, no one would have a problem with you. But when you dish out insults to others, question other people's experience with the game...and you have that as your player card...what did you think was going to happen?

Also 2v2, while better than big team games, is not really the true mark of competitive play in CoH2 and therefore the balance opinions of a 2v2er are taken just as seriously.

And again, will you show us your card finally or are you too busy spitting shit in the vicinity of you.
Because I have that hunch that you are wiking 2.0 aka 4v4 one faction hero with 5 digit ladder rank.

I have over 5 times your 1v1 experience. I don't need to prove it to you because ultimately I couldn't care less what a whelp like you thinks.

You spit same irrational shit as him, except he had a butthurt avbout soviets and you seem to be butthurt about me.

Funny, could have sworn you were the irrational, butthurt, fanboy in this discussion.

Or even better, how about we play a friendly games? 3 games, best of two, everyone plays both factions, all reps posted here?

I don't need to play you to prove my point...which is that you have little experience with the game and you shouldn't dare ever criticize any one else's play time. Nice try.

Up for that? If not, then go back to official forums to bark together with hingie and armyguy, because thats pretty much all you can do, hot air breather with no spine at all.

You can act like a dog in heat on the other forums and get away with it but over here you will just look like an idiot. Serious players discuss here, not the riff-raff you are used to agreeing with.

You know my profile, feel free to friendlist me and we'll play some games tomorrow to see who is better, hm?
Thou I really expect unending stream of excuses from you, just like wiking was terrified of 1v1 challenge.

No thanks. Your ploy to save face will not work here. What are you going to do? Challenge everyone who thinks you are a useless dolt?

This isn't 17th century France and we are not going to prove who is right or wrong in a duel; you have been humiliated enough for one day. You only have your own big mouth to thank for that, now put your tail between your legs and get moving.
PAGES (35)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS