Login

russian armor

PGrens post 4/24 patch

26 Apr 2014, 10:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2014, 01:01 AMakula

I mean why should a full auto weapon not do high damage at close range. What does this have to do with a chart?

Umm, it does high damage up close.
You're just now supposed to let them come to you, not rushing PGs like they are shocks, they are not.
26 Apr 2014, 12:39 PM

PGs were too good at everything last patch. The Soviets had no infantry that could take them 1v1 at any range.

PGs now are much better than grens at short/medium range with a nuclear grenade to boot and the option to get AT if they need it. They are just fine.

Ever heared about maxims and snipers, shocks, also the pgs's grenade can be dodged easily

Atm I agree that they aren't worth their cost.
26 Apr 2014, 13:21 PM

i like pgrens now. Use them at medium range vs shocks. And they will win.
26 Apr 2014, 13:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2014, 13:21 PMBurts
i like pgrens now. Use them at medium range vs shocks. And they will win.

Why the heck shocks wouldnt come close to you instead of staying at mid range?
26 Apr 2014, 13:35 PM

Why the heck shocks wouldnt come close to you instead of staying at mid range?

that's like saying why cant conscripts come close instead of staying at longe range. Because
they will take severe damage if they do so. (Unless they throw a smoke grenade)
26 Apr 2014, 13:37 PM

But shocks have higher armor than conscripts, its likely they would take less casualties while closing in (or no casualties like what happens to me).
26 Apr 2014, 13:48 PM

I think its clear that they are not cost efficent in their old use scenario.

But the new Scenario (Counterinitiation so to speak), seems pretty weird. A mediumranged unit that you don't want to get into medium tange?

o_O Maybe they are good/usefull at guarding MGs? But for that price I rather get a second MG42 behind the first one, lol.

Well, lets wait a bit and try to adapt ;-)
26 Apr 2014, 14:21 PM

I have rotated these out of my build order as well. For cost they are too high and I would rather place an lmg Gren on my flank, or if there are tons of infantry another 42.

Shocks devastate them and the smoke they throw negates better placement of the PG's before the fight.

Also if your opponent calls an ISU 152 have fun dropping shreks.
26 Apr 2014, 18:22 PM

I have rotated these out of my build order as well. For cost they are too high and I would rather place an lmg Gren on my flank, or if there are tons of infantry another 42.

Shocks devastate them and the smoke they throw negates better placement of the PG's before the fight.

Also if your opponent calls an ISU 152 have fun dropping shreks.

Pretty much the same overhere. They really need that armor buff to be cost-effective again.
26 Apr 2014, 18:31 PM

Use them in cover, or on flanks like any other infantry squad. Since they lost their armor you can't just run up to stuff and win anymore. They still do insane DPS, have no moving penalty, and mow down retreating squads better than other squad in the game.

Gotta adapt :)
26 Apr 2014, 19:06 PM

Will quote pquimseh
"Pgrens still have the second highest close range damage output in game"....what do you want more,medium-close range they rape...
26 Apr 2014, 22:06 PM

I personally never used pgrens as anti infantry because I find grens more than good enough.

:rofl:
26 Apr 2014, 22:30 PM

:rofl:

whats so funny bout it? he finds grens good enough and in fact they are, fair enough..
26 Apr 2014, 22:59 PM

He thinks it's funny because he is not a very good player and thus can't relate to a better player saying that he thinks Grens are good enough to not have to bother with Pgrens.
26 Apr 2014, 23:18 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2014, 18:31 PMCieZ
Use them in cover, or on flanks like any other infantry squad. Since they lost their armor you can't just run up to stuff and win anymore. They still do insane DPS, have no moving penalty, and mow down retreating squads better than other squad in the game.

Gotta adapt :)

Actually, I've noticed, along with other assault infantry, they do suffer a moving penalty making all assault troops required to be stationary to do their full damage and their burst is also shorter until they stop. Haven't run down a squad since the changes.

PGs are still decent in my books being supporting infantry/flankers, though you cannot charge anymore. They're also the only unit I find that can actually clear the weapon teams before retreat since the change from 25% damage to 25% received accuracy.

27 Apr 2014, 00:43 AM

Actually, I've noticed, along with other assault infantry, they do suffer a moving penalty making all assault troops required to be stationary to do their full damage and their burst is also shorter until they stop. Haven't run down a squad since the changes.

PGs are still decent in my books being supporting infantry/flankers, though you cannot charge anymore. They're also the only unit I find that can actually clear the weapon teams before retreat since the change from 25% damage to 25% received accuracy.

Unless they changed something that I'm unaware of (which could have happened, the past two patches have been very large) I don't think the MP44s that they use have any moving accuracy penalty.

Perhaps some one who digs in game files could clarify for us.
27 Apr 2014, 00:45 AM
Benefactor 115

0.75 moving accuracy multiplier on the MP44
27 Apr 2014, 03:01 AM

I invite the resident Soviet fanboys to upload a replay using PGs against players in the top 250.

"They're good at medium range"

What a joke.
27 Apr 2014, 07:47 AM

whats so funny bout it? he finds grens good enough and in fact they are, fair enough..

Nothing man, I just thought it's funny, especially coming from a clan who preferably plays soviets. If I offended someone, I'm sorry.
27 Apr 2014, 08:13 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I invite the resident Soviet fanboys to upload a replay using PGs against players in the top 250.

"They're good at medium range"

What a joke.

How many of them? Shreck squad? How efficient should they be?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 43
Germany 26
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak