Login

russian armor

French army at COH 2 ?

1 Apr 2014, 12:06 PM

Honestly, the french army was boring , it had outdated everything, thought that WW1 was WW2, and got crushed in 2 weeks.
1 Apr 2014, 12:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2014, 11:47 AMPepsi
A whole French army has nothing to do in a ww2 game, we had no iconic tanks or weapons, all where borrowed to the brits/us.
The only appearance that French units could do would be French resistants with demo and camo and mines (kind of commandos without gliders) popping out from the houses as a calling in for Amercican. And that wouldn't even be accurate.

Does this tanks were borrowed to US/ UK

B1 Bis?
D2?
R35?
S35?
H39 ( this one was borrowed i think = Hotchkiss?)

and yes maybe people say right , maybe playing French faction gonna not be the same gameplay as US/Sov or Ger... :/

1 Apr 2014, 13:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2014, 12:14 PMRommel

Does this tanks were borrowed to US/ UK

B1 Bis?
D2?
R35?
S35?
H39 ( this one was borrowed i think = Hotchkiss?)

Those are not ww2 tanks , those are post-ww1 tanks.
Please have a look on US/Brit/Nazi/Soviet/Japs tanks then go back on the french ones.
Yea, they look like shitty tin can, and look at the caliber...

The problem is that France didn't had to opportunity to create its own ww2 tanks.
If you look at the Nazi campaign in the Soviet Union, you'll see that russian tanks were so bad when the war started there that the german tanks needed to get back to base not to refuel or repair but to get more ammo to keep going on the killing spree.
The fact that Soviet Union was something like 30 times bigger than France + the terrific weather + scorched earth tactic helped them so they can get their own badass tanks later in the war (soviet coh2 tanks).
1 Apr 2014, 13:45 PM

I can t wait for the frenchis entering CoH2.

If the French infantrie conquers a territory the territory raises a White flag(Surrender flag):nahnah:
1 Apr 2014, 13:50 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Think of all the angry Frenchmen on metacritic LOL
1 Apr 2014, 13:50 PM

The french did fight in north Africa,Italy, and in Western Europe so it wouldn't be impossible.
1 Apr 2014, 14:15 PM

They could add the french, the brits, the japanese and the italians, that could be fun. Four Axis armies and four "Allied" one in total.
1 Apr 2014, 14:31 PM

Impossible to introduce a french army in coh2, since France had no valuable or consistent "mechanic" army during that period, and was not prepared for the new dynamic war, compared to germany who came fully prepared for years with a top notch war industry and blitzkrieg tactics :)

1 Apr 2014, 14:35 PM

The other only thing they can do is to release French Army copy pasted from the US with French audio.
So I guess they won't.
1 Apr 2014, 14:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2014, 13:33 PMPepsi

Please have a look on US/Brit/Nazi/Soviet/Japs tanks then go back on the french ones.

The problem is that France didn't had to opportunity to create its own ww2 tanks.
If you look at the Nazi campaign in the Soviet Union, you'll see that russian tanks were so bad when the war started there that the german tanks needed to get back to base not to refuel or repair but to get more ammo to keep going on the killing spree.
The fact that Soviet Union was something like 30 times bigger than France + the terrific weather + scorched earth tactic helped them so they can get their own badass tanks later in the war (soviet coh2 tanks).

I'm not talking about manufacturing date , but i'm saying that thoose post ww1 tank have fought in ww2 vs ww2 German tanks and thoose French ww1 tanks have destroyed many of ww2 germans tanks so , why do not add French faction ( Brits and Italian for exemple ?)

But i'm conscious that this faction can't be played against >1940+ troops and tanks ( like panthers or tigers...)
French Faction could be played like a ToW ( just during France invasion)
Even if they fought in Afrika and Italia after 1940...
1 Apr 2014, 15:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2014, 14:36 PMRommel

French ww1 tanks have destroyed many of ww2 germans tanks

source please.
1 Apr 2014, 15:06 PM

even the french players think france was pretty useless in ww2!
1 Apr 2014, 15:16 PM
Donator 11

This thread is doomed,.. DOOMED i say!!

To address the only question in op, ' why relic don't add French army in COH2 ? '.
Well thats a terrible question tbh, there's nothing to say they wont in the future. And given the current system they're employing with selling new factions separately it stands a very good chance of being a possibility.
Personally i would like to see as many factions introduced to the game as possible, however i think the deciding factor will be whether or not the new faction can be designed to add more to the game by playing strategically and tactically different to other factions, which in itself will have little to do with the country that's being represented.

However this thread will only devolve into posts mocking french courage (all in good humor though), or debates about weapons and successes of a particular faction.

All in all i'd like to see the french, or any other faction for that matter, but not for any other reason than it would be a new faction with a new way to play the game.

1 Apr 2014, 15:33 PM

France had nothing after June 1941.
1 Apr 2014, 16:14 PM

Hahaha, with all these people making surrender jokes about the French. It's getting old now, in case you guys haven't noticed the Soviets have surrendered huge armies to the Germans and they offered the same kind of resistance the French did and France did try to resist the Germans by making frequent but futile counter attacks before surrendering.

The only difference between the French and the Soviets is that the Soviets hurriedly replaced their losses since they get the luxury of having such a huge country, and the Soviet conscription system.

Back to this topic I would not like to see the French army at all in World War 2 games. They lost only during a month which is very small compared to the 5 years of war and they are not that much different from the British. There is no reason to put in a French army.
1 Apr 2014, 17:04 PM

I assume that the expansion will still take place in 1944, in which case no French army (or basically none) was fighting in Europe.
1 Apr 2014, 17:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2014, 15:03 PMPepsi

source please.

Yes De Gaulle division .... With his tanks ... it talks to you ? ^^

http://france40.e-monsite.com/pages/les-vehicules-de-l-armee-blinde-francaise-de-1940.html

I will try to find you more about the german tanks destroyed later :) ( i hope i'm not wrong , but i pretty sure there was a tank fight with De Gaulle)
1 Apr 2014, 17:12 PM

This thread is doomed,.. DOOMED i say!!

To address the only question in op, ' why relic don't add French army in COH2 ? '.
Well thats a terrible question tbh, there's nothing to say they wont in the future. And given the current system they're employing with selling new factions separately it stands a very good chance of being a possibility.
Personally i would like to see as many factions introduced to the game as possible, however i think the deciding factor will be whether or not the new faction can be designed to add more to the game by playing strategically and tactically different to other factions, which in itself will have little to do with the country that's being represented.

However this thread will only devolve into posts mocking french courage (all in good humor though), or debates about weapons and successes of a particular faction.

All in all i'd like to see the french, or any other faction for that matter, but not for any other reason than it would be a new faction with a new way to play the game.

Thank you very much for your answer , it answer my first question.. :)
1 Apr 2014, 17:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2014, 13:33 PMPepsi

The German army for the first month of the war against the Soviet Union lost more people than the whole of the war in Europe. The French only respect this division Normandie-Niemen, but they disgraced themselves by bombing Yugoslavia.

2 Apr 2014, 13:27 PM

The German army for the first month of the war against the Soviet Union lost more people than the whole of the war in Europe. The French only respect this division Normandie-Niemen, but they disgraced themselves by bombing Yugoslavia.

I don't understand a word.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS