Login

russian armor

Germans capturing equipment

30 Mar 2014, 02:04 AM

In short they cant.

Now that seemingly my idea of pios getting a buff and becoming a combat unit come to pass I will put it up again here.

The original was to give pios a global upgrade to come with 5 men and a slight combat buff to help ost have more flxible units - they would be like a ass gren light.

Its sort of happened already but I think either giving the upgrade to get that extra squad member or pios just having 5 men from the beginning ( slightly nerfed dps) to buff ost and give them the ability to recrew weapons and the flexibility of having one unit that is 5 men.

What do you guys think? Im not asking for tougher pios - in fact their damage should be nerfed a few % from what it is now but I like the idea of either getting the option to upgrade to a 5 man squad or just making 5 man pio squad as standard with even further damage nerf

EDIT: if it is a global 5 man upgrade then it would grant the muntion salvage ability also to get muni from tank wrecks.
30 Mar 2014, 02:12 AM
Donator 11

You have Osttruppen that have a 6 man squad but I know I know, it's a DLC commander...

but another great way to capture equipment is to simply have an half-track and not only reinforce the "new" squad with the captured weapon but also reinforce the squad with only 1 man left and keep both of these squads in the battle. It's a great advantage vs. what the soviet have at the point in the game and believe me, you are not wasting any manpower or fuel by getting an half-track, it's an awesome unit no matter what your strategy is.

I honestly think there are bigger issues to resolve but I wouldn't even consider this to be a real problem at the moment.
30 Mar 2014, 02:14 AM

Fair enough I know there is a way under special ciscumstances but I thought this could be a good idea - and it was especially before the pios got a bit of a drastic change in the last patch :P

Now the issue is much smaller and I agree its not a super high priority just putting it out there
30 Mar 2014, 02:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2014, 02:12 AMZ3r07
You have Osttruppen that have a 6 man squad but I know I know, it's a DLC commander...

but another great way to capture equipment is to simply have an half-track and not only reinforce the "new" squad with the captured weapon but also reinforce the squad with only 1 man left and keep both of these squads in the battle. It's a great advantage vs. what the soviet have at the point in the game and believe you are not wasting any manpower or fuel by getting an half-track, it's an awesome unit no matter what your strategy is.

I honestly think there are bigger issues to resolve but I wouldn't even consider this to be a real problem at the moment.

And if you have a Half-Track and Osttruppen then it's even better 'cause Osttruppen reinforce like the flash and so do weapons crewed by them.
30 Mar 2014, 03:48 AM

They would also drop like flies if you use osttruppen to capture equipment.

Keep in mind that they retain whatever unit stats they have when they capture weapons.
30 Mar 2014, 03:57 AM

Not anymore, they have 80 health now like everyone else, instead of 48 like they used to. Now they're the perfect recrew squad, I just wish they'd remove the territory capture restrictions, they are not needed anymore.
30 Mar 2014, 03:58 AM
Patrion 27

Germans have superior set-up teams to begin with. I think needing a full squad to re-crew without merging the squad completely is a good part of the asymmetry among the factions. As Z3r07 said Osstruppen are a great unit for re-crewing as well as Assault Grenadiers at five models.
30 Mar 2014, 03:59 AM
Honorary Member Badge

ive said that each faction germans shoudl recrew with 2 man and soviets 3 or

it can be sorted by squad size so cut it down to half of the squad.
30 Mar 2014, 09:49 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2014, 03:59 AMWiFiDi
ive said that each faction germans shoudl recrew with 2 man and soviets 3 or

it can be sorted by squad size so cut it down to half of the squad.

Yep. 50% of a normal squad size.

Doesnt it show a 2 when you try to recrew but it still takes 3 ?

And i would add that normal mortars (and MAYBE AT guns) should be able to retreat/move with 1 man but you would need 2 to operate (anyway i could live with 1 man crew if not possible).
30 Mar 2014, 10:54 AM

Now I'm just imagining a single crewman trying to drag a Pak 40 out of a ditch by himself while a group of Grenadiers stand there laughing (because no merge, no manners).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★