Login

russian armor

Russians on Western Front? Really?

PAGES (7)down
28 Mar 2014, 21:48 PM

I really like this game and I've been playing it since day one of vCoh. I agree the game should be more "esport" oriented but "LEND LEASING" T34s on Western Front? And Germans fighting against Russians in Ardennes? Really? Germans vs Germans is stupid to play in multiplayer but this?

Full support to the new content coming in June but don't ruin the realism just because u want bigger player base. Balance the vCoh2 Ostruppen and Russians before. If you don't do that before the new expansion comes you will face chaos among players after releasing.
28 Mar 2014, 21:55 PM

Permanently Banned
There is German vs German in multiplayer?
28 Mar 2014, 22:32 PM

Yup, click on custom match and voilá
28 Mar 2014, 22:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2014, 21:48 PMherrtin

Full support to the new content coming in June but don't ruin the realism just because u want bigger player base. Balance the vCoh2 Ostruppen and Russians before.
That seems like a really good reason to ruin realism. I'm sorry, but the point of running a company is to make as many customers and much money as possible. Not satisfy a small percentage until you go out of business.
28 Mar 2014, 22:35 PM

Campaign will be focused on American/Germans western front.

Only multiplayer will have both factions in the same team.

I would prefer an American/British (2 factions) vs germans (2 factions) teaming in multiplayer, so if you go russians you can only be matched with another russian team mate, but if you go allies you can pick U.S or Brits.
28 Mar 2014, 22:37 PM

That seems like a really good reason to ruin realism. I'm sorry, but the point of running a company is to make as many customers and much money as possible. Not satisfy a small percentage until you go out of business.

Community can grow even with realism mode on and im talking about basic realism nothing else :)
28 Mar 2014, 22:46 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2014, 21:48 PMherrtin
I really like this game and I've been playing it since day one of vCoh. I agree the game should be more "esport" oriented but "LEND LEASING" T34s on Western Front? And Germans fighting against Russians in Ardennes? Really? Germans vs Germans is stupid to play in multiplayer but this?

Full support to the new content coming in June but don't ruin the realism just because u want bigger player base. Balance the vCoh2 Ostruppen and Russians before. If you don't do that before the new expansion comes you will face chaos among players after releasing.

Who cares as long as it is fun i dont care if russians didnt fight in Ardennes in reality.
29 Mar 2014, 00:24 AM

Realism? Its not a historical reference document or combat training simulator. Its just a game. Does it really need to be accurate?
29 Mar 2014, 01:28 AM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Realism? Its not a historical reference document or combat training simulator. Its just a game. Does it really need to be accurate?

Well Relic said themselves that they put much effort to keep the game as historical acurate as possible (e.g. campaign).

American and Soviets in team matches is just stupid.

29 Mar 2014, 01:32 AM

Nobody wants this game to be either of those things. Some people, like me, just want this to be an authentic WW2 RTS game. Which is what Relic sold us to begin with and are now planning on turning into a fantasy RTS.
29 Mar 2014, 01:38 AM

Nobody wants this game to be either of those things. Some people, like me, just want this to be an authentic WW2 RTS game. Which is what Relic sold us to begin with and are now planning on turning into a fantasy RTS.

Wait until Relic releases modding support. We'll get your 'realistic' RTS up and running. Hell, I'm working on a vCoH mod that's noting the ballistics of everything from the M1911A1 to the BL-10 152mm howitzer, armor thicknesses (in actual numbers, not the Blitzkrieg mod style "dis armor bounces everything!" stats), spalling, and so on, all in anal detail. The base game was never about uber realism, this was the case even in vCoH.
29 Mar 2014, 01:41 AM
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2014, 01:28 AMluvnest

Well Relic said themselves that they put much effort to keep the game as historical acurate as possible (e.g. campaign).

American and Soviets in team matches is just stupid.

Since people are so focussed on realism, should Germany lose most of their battles? Should Germanys resources go lower and lower the longer the battle goes on? If everyone is so eager on realism, then Germany should lose because they lost the war after all and if I am not mistaken, the multi player part of the game is based on 1944 / 1945?. Maybe German tanks should be redesigned to replicate the ever worsening quality of materials used to build armour.

The Russians massively outnumbered German forces, especially nearing the end of the war. Sure they were less trained and inferior, but German troops were not exactly in the best shape either due to how the war was going. Should soviets in game have many times more forces to simulate realism? Should we also simulate how many German tanks were extremely unreliable, often being abandoned due to mechanical faults.

A game that is truly historically accurate would be terrible. The way the game plays should be both fun and balanced. Factions shouldn't be the same, they should excel in some areas while lacking in others.

Maybe I am way off the mark and please do correct me if I am wrong, but I get the impression that its mostly people favoured towards Germans that have a problem with Americans and Soviets playing together, because maybe they will work well together and actually have reliable and strong tactics / forces, rather than relying on conscript spam pre patch and lacking any proper counter to German late game.

It is good for the game that Relic have done this. It expands the game, opens it up to more players and I would argue in the long term will make balancing better. If we are getting a greater variety of units due to more factions, maybe there will be less focus on the commanders as well.
29 Mar 2014, 01:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2014, 01:38 AMVolsky

Wait until Relic releases modding support. We'll get your 'realistic' RTS up and running. Hell, I'm working on a vCoH mod that's noting the ballistics of everything from the M1911A1 to the BL-10 152mm howitzer, armor thicknesses (in actual numbers, not the Blitzkrieg mod style "dis armor bounces everything!" stats), spalling, and so on, all in anal detail. The base game was never about uber realism, this was the case even in vCoH.

I never wanted or asked for a uber realistic WW2 RTS. There are other titles for that. I just want this game to be authentic. Soviets and Americans fighting along side each other on the western front has little to do with WW2 anymore. What is the next faction going to be? The japanese? Are we then going to see the Japanese and Germans fighting side by side in the streets of Berlin? Or the brits? Rushing together with their american and soviet comrades over the frozen volga river?
29 Mar 2014, 01:52 AM

Maybe I am way off the mark and please do correct me if I am wrong, but I get the impression that its mostly people favoured towards Germans that have a problem with Americans and Soviets playing together, because maybe they will work well together and actually have reliable and strong tactics / forces, rather than relying on conscript spam pre patch and lacking any proper counter to German late game.

Good start with the post, but yes, here you are totally off the mark. I know its hard to understand it, but CoH2 was announced like "oh this is so realistic" so I see where the expectations come from.

I really understand it btw. It is important that the game lets you imagine you play WWII and not jsut a videogame.

EDIT: For me it is just that USA and Soviets fighting on the same map is ok, in the context of WWII. They were allies, and I can easily imagine that they fought together some missions. Or I see it abstract, the same way I see weopon ranges abstract. Afterall in a Teamgame everyone fights their own territory, and maybe sometimes sends a Mg or something to flank. I have no problem that that depicts the cooperation of the Allied forces.
29 Mar 2014, 01:55 AM
Patrion 310

Good start with the post, but yes, here you are totally off the mark. I know its hard to understand it, but CoH2 was announced like "oh this is so realistic" so I see where the expectations come from.

(I really understand it btw. It is important that the game lets you imagine you play WWII and not jsut a videogame.)

But a truly realistic game wouldn't be fun or balanced. Why bother playing the game if it isn't fun? There are many areas where the game isn't realistic even from the word go. Why are people only mentioning it now when it has been this way for 10 months?
29 Mar 2014, 01:59 AM

I am totally on the Gameplay over Realism/history "side" :D
But I also understand why setting/fluff is important for some people. For example I was always a advocate of balance/gameplay as the most important thing, but after discovering that I probably would play DoW just for the setting... I understand that somepeople may play CoH2 for the Setting.
29 Mar 2014, 02:22 AM

they really need to add another ostfront german faction, maybe something in line with PE faction and another soviet faction, maybe one based of NKVD front-line division, disguised as a rifle division. this would increase the lifetime of the original 2 factions, by a lot.
29 Mar 2014, 02:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2014, 02:22 AMbuckers
they really need to add another ostfront german faction, maybe something in line with PE faction and another soviet faction, maybe one based of NKVD front-line division, disguised as a rifle division. this would increase the lifetime of the original 2 factions, by a lot.
I really don't think we need THREE german factions. Hell I'd go for some italians with german support, but it would be nice if the axis had some veriety.

It be cool if we could have something like R.U.S.E which had a full 7 different faction all of different nations, and japan and italy were no weaker then the others.
29 Mar 2014, 03:16 AM

You'd have to sacrifice quite a bit of historical accuracy if you want Italy as a competent faction in CoH2. Italian equipment and vehicles were low quality compared to the Allies, and very poor quality compared to Germany's. Italy's primary tank, portrayed accurately, would struggle against the current T-70. Their strongest tank was on-par with modern (1944) medium tanks, and was never very rare and not used by them.

Not only that, but by the time the game takes place (1944), Italy was in a state of civil war, with the fascist side (including their military) propped up entirely by Nazi Germany. By this point, German Soldiers considered the Italians useless for anything but anti-partisan duty.
29 Mar 2014, 04:30 AM

I don't care for realism. I really don't. This game is already very unrealistic in many ways. Who cares if it's some what unrealistic, I'm worried that balance would be completely screwed in the future.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS