Login

russian armor

Are the new grenades over performing for their cost?

27 Mar 2014, 15:48 PM

Permanently Banned
Previously, if you spotted a Grenadier perform the rifle grenade animation, you had a reasonable chance of walking out of the explosive range.

This doesn't apply to just the rifle grenade, but grenades are in general. The fuse time is too short for the new size of the explosion radius.

With the new grenade explosion profile, it feels like their explosion radius makes it very hard to step out of the explosion, even if you spot it in time.

When I use the new grenades, I feel like I have a "I'm bored of this engagement, I'm going to win it now" button.

The cost, wind up time, fuse time, or explosive range should be investigated to suit the new explosion profile.
27 Mar 2014, 16:25 PM

Yes, that's true. I would like to see a decrease (~half) in explosive range across the board first.

Last game i one-shotted a maxim with full health and crew with one rifle nade. That should never happen, not even if the munitions cost is higher or the wind up time is longer.

27 Mar 2014, 16:35 PM

So this doesn't become yet another soviet whine thread, I've notices this to with Shock's nades and molotovs as well. I assumed it was just the battle server making actions much smoother.

Squad wipes have certainly increased since the patch due to nades,molotovs and satchel nukes, but I can't get too upset about it since it's returned infantry play back to where it was 'In the good ol' days'.
27 Mar 2014, 16:46 PM

Yes, it will get changed. Especially with the hilarious squad AI bunching up for maxims and mortar crews, rifle nades are a certified IWIN button. Sometimes I'll have my maxim or mortar in an open area and they just decide rub their dicks together for no apparent reason. I kinda wanna make a compilation of rifle nade one shot wonders on weapon crews, but :effort:.

I can appreciate they are trying to remove RNG with gaurenteed events, but I would have liked this to have been applied to Fausts and AT nades where either one will result in a 100% crit to engine damage, you can then apply the RNG factor whether or not you want it to be catastrophic or just regular. Microing your tank away from infantry is much easier and also prevents the event of a faust/nade. No one can control how a maxim, squad or mortar squad bunches up. If there was a spread button, shit I would do that every time I setup behind cover, given it was large enough. Unfortunately, there is no such command.
27 Mar 2014, 17:28 PM

I think a lot of people wanted consistancy in grenades but at the moment grenades are simply stronger then they where before and consistently wipe 4+ squads. It is also made worse that now units are often forced to bunch up behind the smallest of cover or be wiped. I just don't like that most battles are decided by who throws the first nade. Back in vCOH it was a bit more balanced since grenades where a rather big investment, but in coh2 they come standard in most squads.

And I think it does have to be said that the value of the riflnade has skyrocketed. Their ability to fire from cover and deny the enemy theirs all from a safe range is hugely impactful. They are bieng used much more then molotovs were previously and to higher effect and unlike molotovs or other grenades there is no noticable squad behaviour to indicate that they are being used.
27 Mar 2014, 18:00 PM

grenades and molotovs need to be disabled while suprresed. Done.

It would be interesting if the conscript assault package replaced the molotov with a shock troop grenade. (Maybe slightly weaker version of it)
27 Mar 2014, 18:04 PM

Permanently Banned
Omega_Warrior has a very good point. Even if grenades we untouched, with the new era of statically sitting in cover, their value has increased significantly. Add to that their AOE 'increase' and lethality changes, I think it becomes pretty easy to make a case for their review.
27 Mar 2014, 22:27 PM

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/67-coh-2-changelog/page3

Grenade AOE Profile

Now correctly average out the damage based on old AOE profile

Bam. Done.
27 Mar 2014, 23:39 PM
27 Mar 2014, 23:44 PM

It means that the damage gets lowered.

Pre march 25th patch: 40% chance of X damage at outer radius (grenades could 'miss' targets that were close to the edge)
Post march 25th patch: 100% chance of X damage at outer radius (huge damage increase, no more 'misses')
Next update: 100% chance of Y damage at outer radius, where Y is the average damage a grenade would have done pre march 25th patch.
28 Mar 2014, 00:12 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Good thing. (Rifle) nades are way too powerful right now. Doesn't matter when sov support has 6 man when they all blow up regardless.
28 Mar 2014, 00:14 AM

Rifle nades are a tad too powerful, I would say nades in general. Glad its being addressed.
28 Mar 2014, 00:36 AM

It's funny, a Rifle Grenade used to never kill anyone but the guy who's head it landed on. Now it's wiping squads left and right.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★