Login

russian armor

HOLY POTATOES !!! patch 3/25

PAGES (24)down
25 Mar 2014, 23:27 PM

You get tactical depth most easily from more non doctrinal ways to spend your MP, munitions and fuel...and not buy the same units over and over again

I'm off to VCOH........

Soviets are now lowered to a total of 2 different Options now:
1.Spam only T-34s.
2.Spam only SU-85s.
There is no other strategical Options for them now------>Good Job relic.......

The most funny Thing is that nobody has asked for this but relic keeps ignoring everything we asked for since june 2013.

We asking to give soviets more AT Options and relic take even more away and make everysthing worse.
25 Mar 2014, 23:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2014, 23:27 PMAffe

1.Spam only T-34s.
2.Spam only SU-85s.

The most funny Thing is that nobody has asked for this but relic keeps ignoring everything we asked for since june 2013.

We asking to give soviets more AT Options and relic take even more away and make everysthing worse.
Am i missing something because thats what they did anyway.
25 Mar 2014, 23:48 PM

Maybe relic should have made fith building for soviets. then made it so you have to build it for some mp and 50 fuel before building t3 & t4 and kept t3 &t4 at the original fuel cost, something like the tech tree for americans in vcoh.
26 Mar 2014, 01:57 AM

Spamming Ass grens is the top Op strat now. Using sprint to come fast in close range and GG.
cons,maxim or what u are trying to build in early will just defeat by MP's and their sprint.
btw. no chance for Soviet Engineers now against Pioneers.
Hope there will come a hot fix fast!
26 Mar 2014, 02:05 AM

Strat of the hour: spam nothing but Panzer Grenadiers and Panthers. Oh, and PGs, of course, have the best short and mid DPS in the game, and decent long range DPS. Vet PPSh Cons get crapped on by Pioneers now, this is just hilarious. And Penals and their SVTs are only of questionable worth. Maxims get rushed and don't seem to be suppressing troops before getting ripped apart (more towards small arms being lethal than the Maxim supposedly getting changed--I know it wasn't modified.)
26 Mar 2014, 02:20 AM

Yep, I noticed it too that the pervasive automatic fire Ost has will always trump Soviets stock single shot weapons. It's hilarious. Also, AssGrens are now the most armored Ost unit with 1.5 armor and are ridiculously deadly again.
26 Mar 2014, 03:03 AM

Maybe relic should have made fith building for soviets. then made it so you have to build it for some mp and 50 fuel before building t3 & t4 and kept t3 &t4 at the original fuel cost, something like the tech tree for americans in vcoh.

Maybe not a building but a tech of some sort. They should just cave and make it T1 Building > T2 Tech > T2 Building. T2 Tech could be anything from just a base upgrade to a Commissar (inspired by Brit tech) to a building (copied from American tech).
26 Mar 2014, 03:12 AM

I havent had to much trouble with Soviets... I just conspam to t34s and maybe get some at guns and a mg... I havent played any doctrines with call ins yet.
26 Mar 2014, 03:13 AM

Ass-grens could do with a little nerf (little!), but I think overall it's surprisingly well balanced. I can now beat a very badly micro'd shock squad with a well micro'd grenadier squad, the way it should be.

I take back my concerns over grenadiers, they play fine, a little more micro required but I see that as a positive.
26 Mar 2014, 03:13 AM

Are Assault Grens are still zero CP?

Fair and balanced? Nawh, it's fun though. - Relic balancing team
26 Mar 2014, 03:18 AM

Yeah, they shouldn't be moved up a CP, just given lower armour and give their current armour as a vet bonus.

Also, can I add that infantry play is so much fun I don't even feel like I want to move past tier 2.
26 Mar 2014, 03:26 AM

Maybe not a building but a tech of some sort. They should just cave and make it T1 Building > T2 Tech > T2 Building. T2 Tech could be anything from just a base upgrade to a Commissar (inspired by Brit tech) to a building (copied from American tech).

yeah thats what i was getting at, just using the americans as a exsample. A 100 extra fuel for both buildings seem a little crazy (a total of 280fuel)
26 Mar 2014, 03:38 AM

Yeah, they shouldn't be moved up a CP, just given lower armour and give their current armour as a vet bonus.

Also, can I add that infantry play is so much fun I don't even feel like I want to move past tier 2.

Don't think that's viable anymore as armor bonuses are out of the picture for all infantry units according to Relic. CP move seems like a more rational change.
4 of 9 Relic postsRelic 26 Mar 2014, 03:41 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Assault Grenadiers actually have 1 armor, the notes mistakenly left this detail out.

A number of valid concerns have been raised, we want to stress the fact that you as the community play a large part in improving the game. If you have a concern, please create a post detailing the issue and provide any supporting evidence to help advance your claim. Replays are always great, if all else fails you can always challenge me to a match to make your point.
26 Mar 2014, 04:02 AM

Lovin this patch so far! The game got a bit of it's predecessors feel back. Looking forward to the upcoming days of playing and testing!
26 Mar 2014, 04:12 AM

From the few games I've played tonight (team games, mind you), I gather that Conspam/Maxim spam supported by a mass of ZiS guns and T-34s is about all you can do.

Panzergrenadiers absolutely roll everything in their path, yeah sure you can force them to retreat, but not until they've marched up to a few Cons in cover and nuked one with a derp grenade before gunning the rest down. These things eat shocks, cons, guards, anything that's on legs if it stands in front of them. Of course, PGs can equip Shrecks, so nothing has stopped EVERY player I've played tonight (6 games, a 3v3 and 5 4v4s) from building anywhere from 3 to 7 PGs and decking them out with G43s, Shrecks, and Ambush camo. Then they roll out nothing but panthers in short order, because it's pretty much impossible to dislodge them without having 9 squads of infantry on hand, arty out before your T3 is up, or the PGs fighting over kills and accidentally shooting each other.

Penals are...well, even at point blank with a flamer attached, they're not much to get excited about. They're better than Cons on paper, but because trying to close with the enemy is suicide (for the Soviets), their short range advantage really isn't all that useful. They also, still, lack any utility.

With the changes to grenades, the Gren's rifle grenade is basically an "F U" button to anything on legs--crew weapons are left with ~3 men or wiped out entirely.

Guards...well, I called them in a few times and even gave them DPs, and they managed to kill maybe two men before having to GTFO. Again, Grenadiers and PGs are able to simply march up to them and unload their weapons into the Guards' faces with minimal effort.

Guarding a sniper, or pair of them, can work, but they don't fire fast enough to cover your infantry, which quickly get the snot beaten out of them by hordes of Grenadiers and MG42s.

Quite a few players have told me that I'm just terrible etc etc, maybe that's the case (I'm sick as a dog for the third week in a row now), but when someone can charge four Grenadiers into a trio of Maxims and come out on top, something is off.
26 Mar 2014, 04:37 AM

I just saw the patch notes, and they made it virtually a new game. Soviet late game has gotten nerfed due to the big fuel cost increase of the buildings.

I have owned this game since it came out and have followed it for months. I find these frequent changes (often balance breaking, then a readjustment) schemes getting kind of old. I believe that this is a way for relic to refresh the game infinitely and keep people curious and playing over the long haul....this recent megachange is suspicious. (even though it looks like an improvement)

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2014, 23:27 PMAffe

1.Spam only T-34s.
2.Spam only SU-85s.

26 Mar 2014, 04:44 AM

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's suspicious. It seems like in every patch now there is one thing that makes you go 'hmm, why was this done and who requested it?'. Meanwhile, glaring issues such as Opel truck resource scaling goes unanswered.
26 Mar 2014, 05:01 AM

I am a bastard for saying this, but i want to keep as it is for a while... those panzergrenadiers... oh man! They just eat EVERYTHING. All i made one round was panzergrenadiers, and i just sat there in front of their spawn. I got the most points because i wiped out so many squads, bleeding them dry.It is just amazing...
26 Mar 2014, 05:05 AM

Oh look, here comes the "game is gonna die" bandwagon.
PAGES (24)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS