1 of 9 Relic postsRelic 25 Mar 2014, 02:30 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Good predictions Omega
25 Mar 2014, 02:36 AM

Good predictions Omega

Tanks! ;)
25 Mar 2014, 03:23 AM

I've consulted my magic 8 ball.

A commander with Guards is now required.

That is all.
25 Mar 2014, 03:42 AM

Shock rifles & Guards rifles & Advanced warfare (aka maphack) is almost must choose doctrine.

Increasing teching cost is great, but it will make it even more Company of Call-ins, or will they make call-ins require teching?
25 Mar 2014, 03:48 AM

This will make infantry combat potentially even more lethal than CoH1. No changes to sniper units though?
25 Mar 2014, 03:50 AM

This will make infantry combat potentially even more lethal than CoH1. No changes to sniper units though?

You didn't play vCOH too long forgetting their old lethality?
Rifles and Volks lethality is even higher than the current G43 Grens
25 Mar 2014, 04:10 AM

CoH1 lethality was like Osttruppen charging into a Maxim.

Speaking of, I wonder if this is a buff or a nerf to Osttruppen. In theory they should now be able to drop a few Cons rushing at them if they're in cover. But at the same time, once the Cons get within 10m and nullify their cover, the squad will drop faster than Pioneers to a KV-8. And that's without the PPSh upgrades...
25 Mar 2014, 05:37 AM

I'm sure they are changing more stuff, they usually just highlight the major stuff in those videos.
25 Mar 2014, 06:30 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I'm sure they are changing more stuff, they usually just highlight the major stuff in those videos.

yup :)
25 Mar 2014, 07:07 AM

I can't wait to see the patch notes. That alone will hold me over until I can replace my broken fan and start playing again.
25 Mar 2014, 08:16 AM

Oh wow, what a nice surprise, might start playing again.

Can't wait to see them patch notes :)
25 Mar 2014, 08:21 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

-From what I understand it seems like the M3 will get buffs like the scoutcar and there are no changes to T2.
-Panther rushes will definetly be harder than ever, I think we will see less skipping of T3. I don't see why T3 soviets will be any harder then usual though. Still faces the same stuff just later in the game.
-I doubt we will see houses change anymore, at least for a while.

I will just answer this cause the others ones are statements i already made. I´m sure (and hope) that they wont forget about previous issues.

1- You will get a buff on both scoutcars but since tech is delayed for germans now, unless scoutcars are almost fuel free, you wont be getting one faster. 75 fuel is required on this patch. Unless T2 building price haven´t change, it´s now 10 (T1) + 45 (Phase1) + 15 (T2) + (?) 221 price.

Previously, seeing an AC or HT were good news since i know how much delayed my opponent was on teching (specially if i went with T1). This is gonna be interesting.

2- I´m saying teching T3 n T4 seems less viable. I would like to see a fuel decrease on either tech building after one or the other is made. Just in line with the fuel cost of the german tech.

3- If damage output from small arm fire is higher, getting inside a house would be offensively better in comparison to before (which was defensively better).
With company of houses 1.0 you rush inside cause it took a lot of time to take you out. I dont think its going to be as worst as before but i expect some rushes at early game.

Yup yup...but aren´t we here to theorcraft ? :P

What i expect of this patch is, lots, lots of wipesquads.
25 Mar 2014, 10:07 AM

I hope they roll out some extra info on the changes. I don't wanna have to go through the process of trying to determine what is best where.
25 Mar 2014, 10:41 AM

The more I think about this patch the less I like it. I like the small arms fire changes but the teching cost increase raises a lot of concerns.

If you go for T4 as soviets, and decide that you need more armor to be aggressive with, teching back to T3 and getting a T34/76 is insanely expensive. Your opponent could get an elephant for that fuel cost.

I'm really concerned what the value of stock units is going to be over call-ins when the teching costs are so high. And with that, the value of commanders without armor call-ins. Especially on the soviets side, where the total teching fuel-cost is nearly double that of the germans.
25 Mar 2014, 11:41 AM

Very exicted about this patch. I very much enjoy the infantry battles. So I hope the new patch will increase the lenght of infantry based fighting. I can also see this becoming very usefull for the defensive player who likes to wait for an attack then counter attack on the weak units.

However i can see this making the game even harder for the new poeple,if they havent seen the patch notes/explanation video they will be walking infanrty towards a unit in cover and will lose the unit extremely quickly. When i started playing CoH2 I found that units seemed to die much quicker than VCoH. This means the new players will really struggle to understand where the units are dying and thefore progress slowly. However hopefully Relic will put a short viedo in the Turorial section of the game explaining this new update.

Also will the Cpu be affected by this new update, will the AI understand the idea of cover or will it rush forward taking massive losses. This however doesnt effect me much as I dont play agianst CPU.

As many have said we will have to wait and see what happens....
25 Mar 2014, 11:49 AM

Good point, they should probably have a tutorial video on the main menu with a big ol' arrow pointing at it.
25 Mar 2014, 11:51 AM

So it's the 25th, anyone know what time the relic usually has the patches go live?
25 Mar 2014, 11:57 AM
Patrion 14

This far, patches have been deployed late GMT. like 23.00 or so. Dont expect to try out patch until tomorrow if you dont live close to relic-time.
25 Mar 2014, 12:05 PM

The more I think about this patch the less I like it. I like the small arms fire changes but the teching cost increase raises a lot of concerns.

If you go for T4 as soviets, and decide that you need more armor to be aggressive with, teching back to T3 and getting a T34/76 is insanely expensive. Your opponent could get an elephant for that fuel cost.

I'm really concerned what the value of stock units is going to be over call-ins when the teching costs are so high. And with that, the value of commanders without armor call-ins. Especially on the soviets side, where the total teching fuel-cost is nearly double that of the germans.

valid concerns. and i'm pretty sure you will be at least partly correct.
relic is probably going to adress those issues once they arise after the patch, simply because at the moment they have no clue how the upcoming changes will affect the mid/late game. for the moment, the best advice i can give you is to enjoy a more interesting early game, play around with as many different strategies as you can come up with and then come back here to complain about the imbalances that you found. maybe relic will listen.
25 Mar 2014, 12:24 PM

FINALLY FIRST REAL PATCH :) CANT WAIT :)
PAGES (24)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 17
Germany 862
unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %