Login

russian armor

HOLY POTATOES !!! patch 3/25

PAGES (24)down
28 Mar 2014, 03:22 AM

Is it just me or did the font for the player names on the loading screen change? This is very important to me.
28 Mar 2014, 03:30 AM

Hey PQ, I posted a replay you might like with Pios-T2-T4...top 200 player so not totally shitty. though he did run into an awful lot of Smines, but what else was I gonna spend my muni on?

Here's a thought - you need to buff midrange on cons so they do SOME damage trying to get close. The problem on a lot of maps is yellow cover spots are separated from other ones by about midrange, it is just very very hard to get conscripts in close enough to do much damage without taking way more than you can bear.

I think perhaps increasing Molotov range to something just under rifle nade range might be interesting as well. You need some way to force grens out of cover without getting shredded. That's the big issue.

28 Mar 2014, 03:44 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Is it just me or did the font for the player names on the loading screen change? This is very important to me.

It did. I was greatly disturbed by this aberration.
28 Mar 2014, 04:10 AM
Patrion 15

I think perhaps increasing Molotov range to something just under rifle nade range might be interesting as well. You need some way to force grens out of cover without getting shredded. That's the big issue.

I like this idea a lot actually
9 of 9 Relic postsRelic 28 Mar 2014, 04:24 AM
Developer Relic Badge

We're tracking the efficiency output of Pioneers, if they over perform we'll know and make adjustments. Thanks for the response sluzbenik, I'll check out the replay tomorrow.

A major factor/intent with the Pioneer change was to make them viable to diversity the potential openings for Germans. It sounds like that goal was been accomplished; however, we don't want to swing things too far to the other end where that specific strategic becomes too dominant. Like I noted above, we'll keep our eye on it.
28 Mar 2014, 04:51 AM

why aren't engineers viable as combat troops?
28 Mar 2014, 05:15 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I kind of like the increased lethality of MP40 pioneers- maybe giving them neutered Kar98s to start with and allowing them to upgrade to the current MP40s for 35 munitions or so would work?

Also it would be interesting if the upgrade switched their veterancy from non-combat, repair focused to accuracy and survivability buffs, if it's possible.
28 Mar 2014, 05:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2014, 04:51 AMakula
why aren't engineers viable as combat troops?

I suspect some folks would argue they are, but with specialized roles. They sit in the scout car with the flame thrower upgrade. Ghetto mans KV8. Mind the wind though, it may blow over.
28 Mar 2014, 05:36 AM

WTF you people, why must a builder unit be weak? Go play Starcraft or Age of Whatever if you want shit builders.

PE got PG as builder units and arguable one of the best infantry of the game.
Pio were indeed strong be vCOH too.

I do agree the Soviet engi is underpowered though, but they had their uses on the clown car.
28 Mar 2014, 05:39 AM
28 Mar 2014, 05:56 AM
Patrion 14

We're tracking the efficiency output of Pioneers, if they over perform we'll know and make adjustments. Thanks for the response sluzbenik, I'll check out the replay tomorrow.

A major factor/intent with the Pioneer change was to make them viable to diversity the potential openings for Germans. It sounds like that goal was been accomplished; however, we don't want to swing things too far to the other end where that specific strategic becomes too dominant. Like I noted above, we'll keep our eye on it.

Are combat engineers also being looked at to make them viable opening unit? I used to make one more CE squad from the get go in some builds because i love using flamers even though sometimes flamer explode as soon as first encounter start. when osteer mines got buffed or balanced, i used to get 3 CE in big team games just to have two flamers.

They are cheaper now but to be honest, they were never worth 240mp. I still like them but I can't possibly build them in early game because it's just too much of a gamble just to feed my satisfaction to have two flamers. Now they die like flies and cannot be trusted with flamers which makes them have to get close range and give them tendency to jump out of cover.
28 Mar 2014, 05:58 AM

I don't mind that Pioneers can fight, when I first played the beta for CoH2, Pioneers / Engineers that could fight was one of the first things I noticed and liked. I do think Pioneers are over-performing though, alone they can take on a Conscript squad, and in groups (2-3) they can chase away Shock Troopers.

Ontop of that, Soviet Infantry also seems to be under-performing (4 Grens still beat 5 Cons at close range, 6 Shocks are less threatening than 4 Panzergrenadiers), so that only amplifies the problem.
28 Mar 2014, 09:28 AM

It did. I was greatly disturbed by this aberration.

Me too. Previous font was very good.
28 Mar 2014, 09:42 AM
Donator 11

I also sensed this disturbance in the force, please change it back, it does not bode well with my OCD
28 Mar 2014, 10:23 AM

Update March 28th, 2014

Updates

UI Fix on Faceplat when Automatching
Repair Engineer issue addressed

Balance

Grenade AOE Profile

Now correctly average out the damage based on old AOE profile

German Snipers

Resolved a miscalculation in the aim time to cooldown conversion, snipers should feel more responsive as a result.
Sight now correctly set to 45

Soviet Sniper

Resolved a miscalculation in the aim time to cooldown conversion, snipers should feel more responsive as a result.
Sight now correctly set to 45

Penal

Corrected weapon profile to properly scale with unit cost
Corrected weapon profile to properly scale with unit cost; this resulted in a slight increase in damage output

Shock Trooper

Corrected weapon profile to properly scale with unit cost
Moving accuracy from 0.5 to 0.8
Corrected weapon profile to properly scale with unit cost; this resulted in a slight increase in damage output

Guard Rifles

Fixed an issue which caused the DP-28 to burst for long periods of time; damage output remains relatively the same.

Special Rifle Command

Manpower cost from 200 to 120
Build time from 95 to 80

Support Weapon Kampaneya

Manpower cost from 240 to 160

Bunker

Health from 600 to 480

This patch will address some of the problems the deployment patch introduced but it shows relic has no clear direction on this game. Now t1 will be viable for soviets but will cost pretty much the same as t1 for germans. It used to be that germans got no fighting units from t0 but got cheap t1 building. Soviets were the complete opposite, they got fighting units at t0 but t1 or t2 were expensive. It would be interesting to see how this patch will work without blurring the lines between both factions.
28 Mar 2014, 11:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2014, 10:23 AMAbdul

This patch will address some of the problems the deployment patch introduced but it shows relic has no clear direction on this game. Now t1 will be viable for soviets but will cost pretty much the same as t1 for germans. It used to be that germans got no fighting units from t0 but got cheap t1 building. Soviets were the complete opposite, they got fighting units at t0 but t1 or t2 were expensive. It would be interesting to see how this patch will work without blurring the lines between both factions.

Honestly it's a step in the right direction. Relic had the difficult task of creating asymmetrical balance between two factions who who roughly used the same types of equipment in real life. At the same time they needed to make a different game then vCOH.

Their initial attempt at this was standardizing unit costs and gimping the soviets into only 2 tiers and giving the conscripts upgrades for molotov/AT nades. This as we all know mostly lead to the soviets spamming a few types of units, and often relying on the same 3-4 commanders to fill the gaps.

Now we are seeing that relic is trying to undo this "you can't have nice things!"- feel of soviet tech, and instead make the game more interesting by altering the costs and roles of different units on both sides.

Now all they need to do is realize that forcing soviets into just one of their late-game tiers also leads to boring unit spam and we will be all set for an era of proper COH gaming.
28 Mar 2014, 11:47 AM

The answer to all the last posts is: Pios= Cons and Penals=Grenadiers, kinda. But a bit asymetric. This also explains the building cost, and why CE are not so good.

(And please send me the replay were 5 Cons lose against 4 Grens in close range.)
PAGES (24)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS