Login

russian armor

Expansion spotted

PAGES (9)down
22 Mar 2014, 00:11 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

I believe him, his name is Jeesus. Jeesus Pietari.

He died for your game.
22 Mar 2014, 00:21 AM

This has got me incredibly hyped.
Wiggles his tail.

Oh yeah, i am also hoping that they will get us some Fallschirm Jägers. =']
22 Mar 2014, 00:50 AM

Bye bye german infantry..
22 Mar 2014, 00:59 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2014, 00:11 AMOhme
I believe him, his name is Jeesus. Jeesus Pietari.

He died for your game.

+1. Is this the second coming of our lord?
22 Mar 2014, 01:52 AM

Hi, just thought I'd share, I heard they are going to ditch the current commander model and move to 3 basic commanders available to everyone with branching ability trees. People who bought commanders or the collectors edition are awarded various customization options instead

The Soviet faction is also getting a major overhaul as in the ppshs and molotovs now being global fuel based upgrades. Relic is hoping this will add a new layer of strategic depth to the game. They are also considering making the T34/85 a purchasable global upgrade. More details about the overhaul will be explained at the event and from what I understood there are going to be some changes to the Ostheer faction as well. We will see.

Relic is also hyped for all the recent community activity and wants to support tournaments and events in any way they can, thus introducing the long awaited spectator mode with various customization options to make streaming and content creation that much easier. To promote the new spectating tools, they will also be announcing a new RELIC/SEGA tournament sponsorhip program. Relic is hoping this will gradually result in the game stepping up to meet the needs of the competitive scene.

The large update will also be accompanied by a sizeable amount of balance and bug fixes. Those are not yet disclosed but I heard Relic is doing their best to tone down the RNG aspects in various ways to remove any frustration while keeping the games interesting. Removing full squad wipes and fixing broken or non-functional abilities are at the top of their priority list at this point.

To top it off, they are proud to finally announce full modding support. Relic wouldn't go into too much detail about it yet, but said they are now working hard to make it all Steam Workshop -compatible for ease of use.

Dang, seems like a bright future for CoH2 after all
I was hoping there would have been something for the outdated replay system as well but this doesn't seem too bad to begin with

source? or just wishfull thinking
22 Mar 2014, 04:15 AM

inb4 Jesus is right, I want to beleaf
22 Mar 2014, 06:25 AM

Not to burst everyone's bubble, but "next phase" doesn't necessarily mean new expansion. It might just refer to the next set of patches.
22 Mar 2014, 06:31 AM

Not to burst everyone's bubble, but "next phase" doesn't necessarily mean new expansion. It might just refer to the next set of patches.

no bubbles were burst this day
22 Mar 2014, 06:51 AM

I swear if you're just trolling and telling us what we want to hear, I'll find you...
22 Mar 2014, 08:23 AM

Wait does that mean no expansion?
22 Mar 2014, 08:34 AM

Wait does that mean no expansion?
It just means we don't know what they are going to talk about. An expansion is still a possibility.
22 Mar 2014, 09:00 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

Regardless of whats coming down the pipe, I enjoy the game and I think Relic understands the major complaints - we are awfully loud about it. Be it through a patch, an expansion, or whatever, the game will be changed.

I trust it will be for the better, because there have been steady improvements since I started playing late in open beta. Developers do enjoy being secretive about these sorts of things.

22 Mar 2014, 09:13 AM

That was the most masterful troll piece since the Tiger Ace post!

On the other hand, Peter Qumsieh worships at the toilet of the Inverse, master of all that is holy in COH.

I say no just because such a major redevelopment of the commander system would likely take 6 months at a minimum.

22 Mar 2014, 09:15 AM

Call me crazy, but I like the current commander system. I dont see how they could fit anywhere near the variety of stuff available now into only 3 commanders with Trees. And if they did, too many things would cross over, every commander would have heavies, elite inf and strong arty. Would seem odd.
22 Mar 2014, 09:23 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Call me crazy, but I like the current commander system. I dont see how they could fit anywhere near the variety of stuff available now into only 3 commanders with Trees. And if they did, too many things would cross over, every commander would have heavies, elite inf and strong arty. Would seem odd.

Crazy.
22 Mar 2014, 09:28 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Hi, just thought I'd share, I heard they are going to ditch the current commander model and move to 3 basic commanders available to everyone with branching ability trees. People who bought commanders or the collectors edition are awarded various customization options instead

The Soviet faction is also getting a major overhaul as in the ppshs and molotovs now being global fuel based upgrades. Relic is hoping this will add a new layer of strategic depth to the game. They are also considering making the T34/85 a purchasable global upgrade. More details about the overhaul will be explained at the event and from what I understood there are going to be some changes to the Ostheer faction as well. We will see.

Relic is also hyped for all the recent community activity and wants to support tournaments and events in any way they can, thus introducing the long awaited spectator mode with various customization options to make streaming and content creation that much easier. To promote the new spectating tools, they will also be announcing a new RELIC/SEGA tournament sponsorhip program. Relic is hoping this will gradually result in the game stepping up to meet the needs of the competitive scene.

The large update will also be accompanied by a sizeable amount of balance and bug fixes. Those are not yet disclosed but I heard Relic is doing their best to tone down the RNG aspects in various ways to remove any frustration while keeping the games interesting. Removing full squad wipes and fixing broken or non-functional abilities are at the top of their priority list at this point.

To top it off, they are proud to finally announce full modding support. Relic wouldn't go into too much detail about it yet, but said they are now working hard to make it all Steam Workshop -compatible for ease of use.

Dang, seems like a bright future for CoH2 after all
I was hoping there would have been something for the outdated replay system as well but this doesn't seem too bad to begin with

You know that if you are not telling us the truth we will ban you from coh2.org right? :D

#gettinghypedevenifpossibletroll
22 Mar 2014, 09:34 AM

Great news, excited to hear about some new stuff about the game.
22 Mar 2014, 09:36 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I wonder what's jeesuspietari's source. Not like those changes would have been everyone's dreams since how long.
22 Mar 2014, 09:50 AM

Actually it would make a lot of sense to announce an overhaul like this in the next few weeks because that could possibly make some coh2 players stay instead of shifting to Wargame RD or MoW. :D
22 Mar 2014, 09:55 AM

I want to believe Jesus, I really do. Please say you aren't trolling us because this is the best news.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS