Login

russian armor

A flame problem

19 Mar 2014, 12:40 PM

Well I rarely(never really) see long flanks by KV-8 to cut retreat route.

You know, the rest of the german army and armor is usually there, unless you have chosen to greatly overextend your infantry even thou you knew there is KV-8 around.
19 Mar 2014, 12:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2014, 12:40 PMKatitof
Well I rarely(never really) see long flanks by KV-8 to cut retreat route.

You know, the rest of the german army and armor is usually there, unless you have chosen to greatly overextend your infantry even thou you knew there is KV-8 around.

Watch ImperialDane latest cast, and watch that happens so many times.
19 Mar 2014, 12:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2014, 11:06 AMKatitof

Since there is a tank destroyer and AT gun that can 2-3 shot each and every armor from huge range, leaving no time to retreat.

You really need to stop downplaying faults. Pak 40 kills a KV-8 in 2 shots? Really? You're going to make that claim?
19 Mar 2014, 13:03 PM

You really need to stop downplaying faults. Pak 40 kills a KV-8 in 2 shots? Really? You're going to make that claim?

And you really need to get some common sense.
Do you know what PaK43 is? Do you know what does it do?
19 Mar 2014, 13:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2014, 13:03 PMKatitof

And you really need to get some common sense.
Do you know what PaK43 is? Do you know what does it do?

Oh how silly of me, of course. The counter to the KV-8 is an emplacement that's only available in 3 commanders!

Also, you didn't say Pak 43, you said AT Gun. Way to be vague on purpose, apparently trying to stir up a misunderstanding.
19 Mar 2014, 13:08 PM

Well, there are 2 AT guns, one 2-3 shoots all armor in game, other not.
Apply common sense, avoid misunderstanding.
Disregarding a unit because its not in many doctrines is rather a flawed logic, unless you want to say something like KV-2 is a non factor, because its only in one doctrine or partisans for that matter, or AGs(by now you should get the point).

Who would have ever thought that to handle doctrinal heavy tank you would need a doctrinal heavy AT gun(because apparently you forgot where stug/p4/p5 button is).
19 Mar 2014, 13:09 PM

Oh how silly of me, of course. The counter to the KV-8 is an emplacement that's only available in 3 commanders!

Also, you didn't say Pak 43, you said AT Gun. Way to be vague on purpose, apparently trying to stir up a misunderstanding.

I Wouldnt count community defense as a true commander :P
19 Mar 2014, 13:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2014, 13:08 PMKatitof
Disregarding a unit because its not in many doctrines is rather a flawed logic, unless you want to say something like KV-2 is a non factor, because its only in one doctrine or partisans for that matter, or AGs(by now you should get the point).

Those are completely different, though. Unless you withhold picking Commander until 9CP or get lucky with your choice, you will not be able to counter a KV-8 with a Pak 43.
19 Mar 2014, 13:43 PM

Then counter it with stug, P4, panther then? Its not like it have a slightest chance against any of them.

You're afraid of flanks? Mine the roads. You see shocks, you can expect KV-8, so there is no problem with anticipation either.
19 Mar 2014, 13:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2014, 13:43 PMKatitof
Then counter it with stug, P4, panther then? Its not like it have a slightest chance against any of them.

You're afraid of flanks? Mine the roads. You see shocks, you can expect KV-8, so there is no problem with anticipation either.

You know there is more than one doctrine having shock hur?
19 Mar 2014, 13:59 PM
Donator 11

I do have a strategy with the KV-8 and imo it is OP.

My +9 streak right now is with that strategy involving the KV-8.

A good replay for an example:

http://www.coh2.org/file/4281/failreplayupload.rec

19 Mar 2014, 14:26 PM

I would like to see the KV-8 get a revamp, a nerf of some kind. How to accomplish this without hurting the unit i do not know.

Slower speed?
Less armor?
19 Mar 2014, 14:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2014, 13:55 PMPorygon

You know there is more than one doctrine having shock hur?

And? Is that some kind of excuse to not prepare for armor?
19 Mar 2014, 14:59 PM

it can escape easily while chased by an armor.

Use blitzkrieg to go around it and block its path. Shoot it in the bum. Problem solved.
19 Mar 2014, 15:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2014, 10:47 AMPorygon

How on earth a high armor, high HP unit, able to squad wipe in 2 seconds, even retreating, is fine?

How is a insta vetted Vet 3 LMG Gren at 4 mins fine? Or a heatseeking vetted mortar?

You apparently like to bash everything soviets have, be it calling some units op or talking about cheesy IWIN strats.

KV8 by the way is a little too strong imo.
19 Mar 2014, 15:58 PM

Problem though is that by nerfing the KV8 you eliminate it as a useful unit.

Its high cost and high pop, but very limited role require it to have a large impact on infantry immediately. The only thing I could think to do with it is maybe reduce its health. The squad wipes are bad, but it has to have these to make its purchase worthwhile.

I also suspect that when stun rounds work again this unit will be more balanced. Giving units more time to retreat while also allowing AT units to beat on it was critical for pushing it back.

Very hard unit to balance. We saw the same problem in COH with the flame tanks. Make them good, and they immediately become too good. Make them less useful and they suck up huge amounts of resources for a role filled by other less expensive units.
19 Mar 2014, 16:07 PM

How is a insta vetted Vet 3 LMG Gren at 4 mins fine? Or a heatseeking vetted mortar?

You apparently like to bash everything soviets have, be it calling some units op or talking about cheesy IWIN strats.

KV8 by the way is a little too strong imo.

Vet 3 LMG Gren is a high cost, high risk but high reward unit.
Pin point mortar is Soviet <444>_<444>

Because Soviet are made up of easy mode gimmick cheesy unit, ridiculous keep dying squad but still manage to win games.
19 Mar 2014, 16:42 PM

Whoever thinks this tank is "balanced", you must be trolling...

Get a kv8, back it up with AT guns, and you have another cheesy strong soviet strategy that wins in your hands. Its armor bounces p4 and at gun shots a good percentage of the time and its not worth approaching with infantry. You have to put your tanks forward first to chase it off, but that's not possible with AT gun backup, then your tank backs off and your infantry assume the role and they get roasted. No sir... That tank is just to much.

The gibbing abilities of the Soviets is crazy, from Is2 to ISU152, mines, kv8, and 120mm mortars its just to much. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the soviets are easymode.
19 Mar 2014, 16:59 PM
Donator 11

Whoever thinks this tank is "balanced", you must be trolling...

Get a kv8, back it up with AT guns, and you have another cheesy strong soviet strategy that wins in your hands. Its armor bounces p4 and at gun shots a good percentage of the time and its not worth approaching with infantry. You have to put your tanks forward first to chase it off, but that's not possible with AT gun backup, then your tank backs off and your infantry assume the role and they get roasted. No sir... That tank is just to much.

The gibbing abilities of the Soviets is crazy, from Is2 to ISU152, mines, kv8, and 120mm mortars its just to much. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the soviets are easymode.

Exactly, KV-8 plus 2 or 3 ZIS and your set.

I'll probably do a thread about it, I have more then 10 replays showing this.
19 Mar 2014, 17:04 PM

It was done to me a few times, was totally dominating a game and my opponent spammed AT guns and was still able to get the kv8 out. Oh, the KV8 at its current price is also something that needs to be looked at. But ya Z3r07, its a damn good strat. Hard to beat even with a Wurfer.

p.s can you show me some of those replays? I have a dropbox I share with other players.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★