Login

russian armor

A flame problem

19 Mar 2014, 08:53 AM

Does any of you guys feel the KV-8 is OP? I'm talking 1v1 here.

I mean, this thing is simply eating german infantry at a such quick rate than you are likely to lose entire squads no matter their vet level, especialy if they miss one model at the encountering moment with no chance for retreat in most of cases.
What do you use against that? Because, KV-8 has all that it needs to do maximum damage while sustaining verry little damage. I mean if you try to kill it fast, PAKs won't work, PIV won't work, PZGrens - are you kidding me?
Besides teller mines, which are allways a lottery and can't be relied on, and Panther, I can't think at anything that can do a decent damage to this machine, before it eats all your infantry. Stugs can penetrate its armor too, but the inflicted damage is too low. if you try to imobilize it with a pzfaust you'll get roasted in no time without having a chance to shoot.

I'm asking before I am not sure if it's just Op and needs to be nerfed down, or I am missing an effective solution here.
19 Mar 2014, 09:05 AM

you should've seen it before they nerfed it
19 Mar 2014, 09:11 AM

Nah, I hate the KV-8. How it can just drive up to your AT guns and in one puff, the entire crew is gone. Yet the armour and health is enough that it can often shrug off fire enough to still get out alive.

Even if you took the flamethrowers off an FHT and put them on an Ostwind, I still don't think it would be able to match the amount of pain the KV-8 brings to the table.

I think think the last time I used one was the most skilless thing I ever had to do in this game. A Panzerschreck Panzergrenadier and 3 Grenadier squads approach for a flanking assault. I roll my KV-8 headlong into them without a care in the world. 2 and a half squad wipes later, he's running back to base and I'm rolling away with engine damage and half my health, laughing it up.
19 Mar 2014, 09:11 AM

I would say Yes, but the Soviet fanboy or troll would just say

"It is only used against Infantry, L2P noob" <444>_<444>
19 Mar 2014, 09:18 AM

Deadly , thick and verry fast for it's stature, it can escape easily while chased by an armor. The problem here is that the only vehicle effective enough to chase and kill it in a normal period of time is the Panther but then how manny of you can actualy get any Panther at all in 1v1?
If you see it on the battlefield, there is a too good chance to be "gg" for you soon...
19 Mar 2014, 09:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2014, 09:11 AMPorygon
I would say Yes, but the Soviet fanboy or troll would just say

"It is only used against Infantry, L2P noob" <444>_<444>

Now who are you talking about...? I have no idea.....;)
19 Mar 2014, 09:46 AM

It's firepower is fine. It should be devestating to infantry considering it's a late game, high-cost tank dedicated to AI.

It's staying power on the other hand could be nerfed a bit. Players are allowed to be far more aggressive with them then they should be allowed when a tank is near. I see way too many people charge towards a tank, kill it's supporting infantry, and escape before being destroyed. It could definetly use a health nerf along with a lot of other tanks in this game(panther and elephant).
19 Mar 2014, 09:57 AM

I also think the KV-8 is very powerfull. But the Brummbär is nearly the same and it also can handle medium tanks and it is not doctrinal. I thing both tanks need a work around.
19 Mar 2014, 10:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2014, 09:57 AMSorban
I also think the KV-8 is very powerfull. But the Brummbär is nearly the same and it also can handle medium tanks and it is not doctrinal. I thing both tanks need a work around.

Maybe. But then, how many times you saw a Brumbar in 1v1 and how many times a KV-8? I mean, it's much harder to bring a Brumbar than a KV-8 on the field. A player who is able to build Brumbar while building a decent army and keeping some territory, should not suffer because of a Brumbar nerfing.
19 Mar 2014, 10:29 AM

I think if the Russian player is calling in a KV-8 in a 1vs1 .... you lost the game before that happened.
19 Mar 2014, 10:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2014, 09:57 AMSorban

Brummbar powerful? -_-

For how late it comes, how slow it is and its price, i don't find the kv8 that big of a problem. It is indeed very powerful against infantry, but thats all it can do. One P4 or stug is enough to maybe not kill it, but severely limit its effectiveness. And that's not a problem i think. Some units are meant to be nearly unkillable in the hands of skilled players, but that doesn't mean it's overpowered per se.

Kv8 could maybe use a very small health decrease, but it would very quickly become completely useless with too big of a health nerf.
19 Mar 2014, 10:47 AM

It's firepower is fine. It should be devestating to infantry considering it's a late game, high-cost tank dedicated to AI.

It's staying power on the other hand could be nerfed a bit. Players are allowed to be far more aggressive with them then they should be allowed when a tank is near. I see way too many people charge towards a tank, kill it's supporting infantry, and escape before being destroyed. It could definetly use a health nerf along with a lot of other tanks in this game(panther and elephant).

How on earth a high armor, high HP unit, able to squad wipe in 2 seconds, even retreating, is fine?
19 Mar 2014, 11:04 AM

Maybe. But then, how many times you saw a Brumbar in 1v1 and how many times a KV-8? I mean, it's much harder to bring a Brumbar than a KV-8 on the field. A player who is able to build Brumbar while building a decent army and keeping some territory, should not suffer because of a Brumbar nerfing.

Recently?
I see more brummbars then KV-8 in 1v1.
T4 got quite popular recently since germans noticed they don't need P4 spam to deal with soviet armor.

Also, KV-8 comes at exactly same time as IS-2/Tiger.
If you are loosing specifically to it, then you have lost before it anyway.
19 Mar 2014, 11:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2014, 10:47 AMPorygon

How on earth a high armor, high HP unit, able to squad wipe in 2 seconds, even retreating, is fine?

Since there is a tank destroyer and AT gun that can 2-3 shot each and every armor from huge range, leaving no time to retreat.
19 Mar 2014, 11:17 AM

a stug can work fairly nicely againts a kv-8.
19 Mar 2014, 11:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2014, 11:06 AMKatitof

Since there is a tank destroyer and AT gun that can 2-3 shot each and every armor from huge range, leaving no time to retreat.

Pak40 is just a weaker version of Flak 88, and Elefant just lol, learn to use TrueSight
19 Mar 2014, 11:37 AM

Brummbar powerful? -_-

It beats a T34/85 one on one. So yes it's actually pretty damn powerful. When properly ground target-microed it will very reliably kill 4-5 guys with every shot as well, or just oneshot any squad that is clumped up, much like the IS2 that many german-only players like to complain about except that it's not doctrinal and is more accurate against infantry but without a turret.

Tbh brummbär is a better choice than panther when you're T4 unless you're facing su85s or IS2s or KV-series tanks. Against anything else the brummbär does nearly as well AT wise while also annihilating infantry.

I think KV8 should get a price increase (like +100mp/+10fuel). It really is too cheap for the current performance. Survivability shouldn't be touched because soviets are severely lacking in any kind of actually tanky vehicles as it is.
19 Mar 2014, 12:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2014, 11:18 AMPorygon

Pak40 is just a weaker version of Flak 88, and Elefant just lol, learn to use TrueSight

So you just lol and learn KV-8 flamer range.

Problem?
And I was talking about PaK43, which is stronger then flak88.
19 Mar 2014, 12:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2014, 11:37 AMCruzz

Tbh brummbär is a better choice than panther when you're T4 unless you're facing su85s or IS2s or KV-series tanks.

True.

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2014, 11:37 AMCruzz

I think KV8 should get a price increase (like +100mp/+10fuel). It really is too cheap for the current performance. Survivability shouldn't be touched because soviets are severely lacking in any kind of actually tanky vehicles as it is.

Agreed. I think in addition to that decreasing its top speed can be a choice, that will mean he could do its damage, but not escaping without serious punishment if not microed properly.
19 Mar 2014, 12:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2014, 12:27 PMKatitof

So you just lol and learn KV-8 flamer range.

Problem?
And I was talking about PaK43, which is stronger then flak88.

All you have to do, is drive KV8 to the squad retreat route, then drive to the squad and it is sure dead charcoal. Range did anything to it? Micro did anything it?

If you don't even experienced enough and can't even think about this, L2P first and duck off from this popcorn forum. You are just as nonsense like that Bravus guy, at least you can type readable English though.
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★