Login

russian armor

Soviets Advanced Warfare Tactics Commander

4 Mar 2014, 08:05 AM
Patrion 15

Yeah building and unit information is probably enough. No need for defensive structure info as well.

+1 But I think alot of commanders have redundant abilities that need to be looked @ in the big picture.
4 Mar 2014, 20:36 PM

Just want to put it out there that Radio Intercept is not completely reliable. If you are a Soviet and using this ability do not rely on it 100%. Issues I've encountered so far:

1) What the voice says and what is displayed in chat do not always align. I find that units are missed by the chat.
2) Random periods of radio silence. No intel. This happens the majority of the time but I find it happens more mid/late game.

I'm unsure if these are intended features or not, but right now, there is a chance that this ability fails.
4 Mar 2014, 20:58 PM
Patrion 27

Late game there are SO many text and voice prompts that intercept gets completely lost in the mix. I really want to be able to toggle a text log of intercepts while playing.
7 Mar 2014, 16:16 PM

Late game there are SO many text and voice prompts that intercept gets completely lost in the mix. I really want to be able to toggle a text log of intercepts while playing.

Do what I do. Turn down the music and effects volume almost all the way. Then turn the voice volume up all the way. Then turn up your sound on your PC. This way the mortor sounds are still as loud and Radio Intercept pretty much SCREAMS at you.
7 Mar 2014, 17:55 PM

Sounds like the main issue is radio intercept. We will look into it.

And again the 80% german player did the job very well! Thx!
7 Mar 2014, 18:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Mar 2014, 17:55 PMSorban

They said they "will look into penals" 6+ months ago.
Nothing changed besides across the board flamer changes.
7 Mar 2014, 23:25 PM

I'm Irish ethnically ;)

Peter just said they'd look into the commander, all that was asked for. Handily enough, Radio intercept has a few threads on it at this point, so maybe that specific discussion is best suited in the existing threads.

Thanks everyone for contributing :)
19 Mar 2014, 23:54 PM

Well im wondering how there can be such a long thread about a commander which so fucking imbalanced that i would like to go relic and set the whole studio on fire. Despite all the other stupid balance issues (why does a KV8 more dmg than a flamer HT???) this commander is nothing but a joke. To explain my thoughts:

I played vs a teammate which i won several times against. He chose Cholodny farms and this stupid commander. I opened up with 2 Grens, 1 MG, 1 Gren and a mortar. And got nailed at the wall. After that we played that match again and i tried to counter that "strategy" (well ofc it isnt a strategy it is only a commander for people which are too stupid to play). So this time i opened up with a gren and then 2 mg´s, a mortar another mg deperetly trien to hold anything of the map. I teched up to tier2 and played panzergrens because ofc u wont gent any resources. He just spamed 10 squads of consripts. he gave a shit to the mg´s cause even when e got slow down the cons have still enough time to crawl close enough to throw their molotovs (in return one of my panzergrens threw a bundle nate at stolen mg and killed exactly 1 guy). In the end i build a p4 and a Schrecksquad knowing that even one T34/85 is stronger than a P4. Well he simply rushed over me with a shit tone of tanks and doesnt give a shit about my anti tank weapons. In the end he told me that he lost 8 squads during the mats but that means nothing to him becuase everything is so fucking cheap! And the best thing ofc is that u only have to wait until u have enough cp´s cause u dont need to build a single building and have plenty of fuel even if your opponent attacks your cut off all the time (what i did)

But well it is a common secret that this game is maybe the most imbalanced rts ever in history.
20 Mar 2014, 01:04 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Well im wondering how there can be such a long thread about a commander which so fucking imbalanced that i would like to go relic and set the whole studio on fire. Despite all the other stupid balance issues (why does a KV8 more dmg than a flamer HT???) this commander is nothing but a joke. To explain my thoughts:

I played vs a teammate which i won several times against. He chose Cholodny farms and this stupid commander. I opened up with 2 Grens, 1 MG, 1 Gren and a mortar. And got nailed at the wall. After that we played that match again and i tried to counter that "strategy" (well ofc it isnt a strategy it is only a commander for people which are too stupid to play). So this time i opened up with a gren and then 2 mg´s, a mortar another mg deperetly trien to hold anything of the map. I teched up to tier2 and played panzergrens because ofc u wont gent any resources. He just spamed 10 squads of consripts. he gave a shit to the mg´s cause even when e got slow down the cons have still enough time to crawl close enough to throw their molotovs (in return one of my panzergrens threw a bundle nate at stolen mg and killed exactly 1 guy). In the end i build a p4 and a Schrecksquad knowing that even one T34/85 is stronger than a P4. Well he simply rushed over me with a shit tone of tanks and doesnt give a shit about my anti tank weapons. In the end he told me that he lost 8 squads during the mats but that means nothing to him becuase everything is so fucking cheap! And the best thing ofc is that u only have to wait until u have enough cp´s cause u dont need to build a single building and have plenty of fuel even if your opponent attacks your cut off all the time (what i did)

But well it is a common secret that this game is maybe the most imbalanced rts ever in history.

A- You could have just spammed grens, LMG/G43s.
B- PGs, and take advantage of the time he needs for 3CP to hit. Force the usage of munition, enter a house n exit quickly to keep him molotoving.
C- FHT and force him tech AT nades + keep baiting cons into the FHT. It´s always safe to get up to 2 AT nades. Just keep the 1/2 pios always near the FHT.
D- Bunkers. If he only went with Cons early game.
E- Mines, they do wonders now.
F- If he is tankless till 9CP and you didnt won enough map control n resources, you are doing it wrong.
G- Improve micro.
20 Mar 2014, 10:22 AM

2 things.

If he have as you claim, 10 squads and you have only 5-6, this is your fault for not responding to the enemy. It sure is a 100% loss if you CHOOSE to have only HALF of the infantry menpower on the field compared to opponent.

And 2nd, you would loose exactly the same way to any other doctrine with ppsh(even conscript support tactics) if your opponent went T1T4, so its not this doctrine fault, its you making basic mistakes and getting pushed off the map.

If he had shit ton of tanks and didn't gave a shit about your AT, that means you were dominated to allow him all the fuel and your AT was probably a single PaK against couple of tanks.
20 Mar 2014, 13:07 PM

It's a great doctrine but I wouldn't call it overpowered (radio intercept aside). If you're stalling until t34/85s, you have a huge gap in the mid game where you're relying on just conscripts and maybe the odd ATgun for field presence.

I also agree with Katitof that it sounds like you would have struggled against any doctrine with ppsh coupled with conscript spam, so it sounds more like a fundamental issue than a doctrine issue. If your MG gets molotov'd you were either leaving it in place for a reason or you just had insufficient micro. After the suppression if you see them inching forwards just pack it up, move back, and set back up again. Suppression lasts forever in this game compared to CoH1.

Cons charging through LMG fire will get whittled down very quickly regardless of vet. Vet2 G43s are brutal if you go with a doctrine that has them. Ostheer anti-inf mines are actually worth using now and tear up infantry that walk through them, so you either force the sweeper and limit his flanking routes or he's going to be throwing MP away.

Looking at your BO in particular I would say the mortar sounds like a big mistake. Another gren would be much better or even a sniper if you think you can keep it alive to bleed MP. Otherwise it's hard to say without a replay since games can play out much differently at different skill levels.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★