Login

russian armor

Radio Intercept

19 Feb 2014, 23:00 PM
Honorary Member Badge

tbh i think this abitly should be toned down a bit. maybe not showing mines or only showing that there was a mine built for starters.
19 Feb 2014, 23:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2014, 22:57 PMKatitof

What about interrogation then?
It shows ALL units for some time and even shows what is where, buildings included.
According to your logic and comparisons, using interrogation should be banable offense.

If I am right it fails often times (like he said in his post (not that I agree on "like a wallhack")), and you need a victim for it^^

Serious question now: Does interrogate reveal mines? And btw, is it not only in a radius and not mapwide? And btw, is it not the same as the scoutcar vet ability, and I thought some soviet vehicle had that ability also. (Still serious questions! I am not sure!).

Even telling that there are mines build is a big advantage, you can probably figure out where there are build by looking where the enemy pios appear after that. And you can instantly build a Sweeper, and be carefull with your vehicles. But I think that would be kinda ok, but I think a not showing mines at all would be better.
19 Feb 2014, 23:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2014, 22:59 PMAstarot

Please enlighten us, what exactly does this ability do?

Showing what is built and where.
Nothing more.

Meanwhile, german interrogation reveals everything except opponents doctrine and resources to you.
19 Feb 2014, 23:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2014, 23:00 PMWiFiDi
tbh i think this abitly should be toned down a bit. maybe not showing mines or only showing that there was a mine built for starters.

Yes, what I was hinting at
19 Feb 2014, 23:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2014, 23:02 PMKatitof

Showing what is built and where.
Nothing more.

Meanwhile, german interrogation reveals everything except opponents doctrine and resources to you.

I know what it is and what is does, it comes from vcoh.

The problem is for interrogation you need a squad and a almost dead guy for this to work. So its not so easy to be done. Radio intercept if just from the start and tells you everything for the rest of the game. For me that is plain stupid, it kills the fun.

I don't like both, and don't use them.

That is just my opinion, if you guys disagree that is fine.
19 Feb 2014, 23:47 PM
Donator 11

personally (not that it matters) i think both take a fundamental competitive skill away from the game - scouting

(not that you really can do a base scout with much of anything anyway)

At least I know as a soviet that if I see G43's, it would be incredibly rare for someone to get an interrogation off. As a german, I have no idea from the get go if the other guy knows exactly what I'm doing.
19 Feb 2014, 23:48 PM
Senior Editor Badge

they fixed some german call-in units dont apear on radio/map?
19 Feb 2014, 23:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2014, 23:17 PMAstarot

I know what it is and what is does, it comes from vcoh.

The problem is for interrogation you need a squad and a almost dead guy for this to work. So its not so easy to be done. Radio intercept if just from the start and tells you everything for the rest of the game. For me that is plain stupid, it kills the fun.

I don't like both, and don't use them.

That is just my opinion, if you guys disagree that is fine.

You got plenty of dying soldiers after each skirmish. The only difference is that you have to use ability all the time you want information. Or just do it after each skirmish.
20 Feb 2014, 00:35 AM

I priity sure it does not intercept all builds, i use it time to time and had a few surpizes. And its not op just finally comes with a good commander
20 Feb 2014, 00:36 AM

You got plenty of dying soldiers after each skirmish. The only difference is that you have to use ability all the time you want information. Or just do it after each skirmish.

Cmon man, give in..

It's a 0 CP ability and you get ALL INFO.
The other ability comes with an upgrade and it doesn't get all info.

I think the 60% is good. Or having info like;

P... depl...d

= p4 deployed.

Get it? It shouldn't give everything away, just tiny bits of things.

Anyway, i'm drunk so I'm out.
20 Feb 2014, 01:02 AM

Cmon man, give in..

It's a 0 CP ability and you get ALL INFO.
The other ability comes with an upgrade and it doesn't get all info.

I think the 60% is good. Or having info like;

P... depl...d

= p4 deployed.

Get it? It shouldn't give everything away, just tiny bits of things.

Anyway, i'm drunk so I'm out.

Germans got the same thing basically and this forum just getting ridiculous with everyone jumping on OP "nerf it" bandwagon.
The funny thing is that as I said 80% of them didn't even remember the ability exists or what it does.
20 Feb 2014, 01:20 AM

An actual ability that's never been touched since launch...never been complained about...is considered OP now?

I'm pretty sure radio intercept only picks up some chatter. I've ran into bunkers, fuel cache, units, and yes...even mines (last game) that's never been reported.
20 Feb 2014, 01:35 AM
Honorary Member Badge

An actual ability that's never been touched since launch...never been complained about...is considered OP now?

Nobody considered it a bad ability by any means- it just came with a bad commander (NKVD) and one that's premium (AA), so it never received very widespread use.
20 Feb 2014, 01:58 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Ability is fine, telling that your opponent built a mine is so so (you can estimate muni usage) Telling you WHERE it its is completely wrong.

1- Hear mine built.
2- Buy minesweeper
3- ?????
4- Profit
20 Feb 2014, 10:38 AM

Nobody considered it a bad ability by any means- it just came with a bad commander (NKVD) and one that's premium (AA), so it never received very widespread use.

It is and was included in one of the strongest commanders before - the one with T-34/85 and IS-2 (Armoured Assault if I'm not mistaken).
20 Feb 2014, 10:51 AM
Honorary Member Badge

It is and was included in one of the strongest commanders before - the one with T-34/85 and IS-2 (Armoured Assault if I'm not mistaken).

Not saying it's a bad commander, because it certainly isn't- it just wasn't free, and people would just default to Shock Rifle Frontline for call-in tanks - and it had shock troops to boot.
20 Feb 2014, 10:52 AM

So there are a couple of doctrins which kind of counter mines. Is that a bad thing?
20 Feb 2014, 10:55 AM

Radio is good ability. But i have no problem switch for another. What new ability Tank rush (Soviet blitz)? ;)
20 Feb 2014, 10:59 AM

So there are a couple of doctrins which kind of counter mines. Is that a bad thing?

Mines counter mine sweaper for 30 muni. Cheaper engineers must work.
Neo
20 Feb 2014, 10:59 AM

Not saying it's a bad commander, because it certainly isn't- it just wasn't free, and people would just default to Shock Rifle Frontline for call-in tanks - and it had shock troops to boot.

This is the point, that commander didn't give you early elite troops which is the only way Soviets could really compete prior to the last patch.

That said, it was still a great commander and people are whining about the wrong thing now. The 3 PPSH upgrade is too cheap for what it does - adjust that, and everything will be fine.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★