Login

russian armor

Aftermath Update Impressions Thread

PAGES (10)down
19 Feb 2014, 17:30 PM

Dear Relic,

We are not hoping it would be in PE level, but can we just have the 222 back in July 2013?

Desperate 221 crew
19 Feb 2014, 17:34 PM

Or at least non-unionized Pio's that will actually DIG UP mines they detect....
19 Feb 2014, 17:49 PM

Well it certainly didn't take long for axis players to complaining again. Let's just remove soviet snipers next patch for "balance" and cause #$%& soviets :p
19 Feb 2014, 18:02 PM
Donator 11

Well it certainly didn't take long for axis players to complaining again. Let's just remove soviet snipers next patch for "balance" and cause #$%& soviets :p

look at my player card and tell me I'm an axis player. I play both armies, and nothing is as frustrating as the soviet snipers.
19 Feb 2014, 18:02 PM
Patrion 14

Please.

Most of us play both factions.
19 Feb 2014, 18:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2014, 18:02 PMZ3r07

look at my player card and tell me I'm an axis player. I play both armies, and nothing is as frustrating as the soviet snipers.

I play pretty soviet heavy and mostly in bigger games so my opinions are probably useless for 1v1 scenario. However having played against and with both I personally prefer the axis sniper and would switch in a heartbeat.

I'm not saying its not annoying to play against (many many things are annoying) but that's not a reason to "nerf" something

Edit: my apologies if I came across as hostile. This forum (and the community in general) seem to be very pro axis and often want things nerfed just because its good (good =/ op). Which is especially annoying after a patch that appears to have benefited the Germans much more than the russians.
19 Feb 2014, 18:20 PM

Grens are still the most underwhelming unit in the game. There needs to be a 10 muni decrease in mg upgrade.

222 SC nerf is laughable. This unit has a cruddy upgrade (spot infantry, wow, yeah the whole map is dotted with them) as opposed to the M5 utility (over-drive and have passengers). The new pew-pew cannon is poor.

Unless you have the micro of Deep Though and HAL the 222 is a waste of time.

222 SC nerf is laughable.

I agree. this thing is made of paper.
19 Feb 2014, 18:29 PM

Ummm - no - I play both also and find the tactic of sniper spam just cheap and rather dull gameplay - so i don't employ it - its just an exploit of poor game design.
19 Feb 2014, 18:39 PM

Imo Assault Grens lack a little and have for a while, PPsh conscripts do the assault role better and for cheaper once they hit 3 CP's, which leaves assault grens the very early game to shine, or bust. To give them a bit more of a role latter in the game, i'd like to see them able to use Fausts after T1 is teched. Evaluate them after that :-)

Only Relic postRelic 19 Feb 2014, 18:51 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Just a few points to hopefully clarify the intents behind some of the changes.

First, commanders are not meant to overshadow the core army or its tech. They were designed to supplement the player's army rather than define it. Keep in mind 1 CP is on average achieved by the 0:45 mark in the game. Overall, this is the first step of many to come which will impact pacing and tech progression within the game.

Changes to the 222 were made to better balance the risk/reward aspect of the unit. As noted by many within the community, the unit is extremely fragile making a high munition investment much harder to justify as a player. By lowering the damage and cost of the upgrade, the unit has a lower associated risk but still performs its harassment role as intended. This unit is ideal for hunting down Katyusha's or supporting a defense against an early T70.

Although this patch was relatively small, the larger changes discussed in recent SNF casts will be coming in the following months. The first batch of changes has already been incorporated into the closed beta where it is being rigorously tested.

Although changes may not make complete sense now, when looking at the broader picture and our plans for the coming months they do fit into a defined context. For now, all we can ask is for a bit of patience and trust. As we finalize the schedule, I'll be sure to drop some hints about upcoming updates.
19 Feb 2014, 18:56 PM

Permanently Banned
PQ, you can't be serious with the 222 vs T70 comment. You realize a single T70 can now kill 4+ 222s without micro? Probably significantly more if you timed T70 shots between range and sight blockers
19 Feb 2014, 18:57 PM

And with pathing as bad is it is in this game - "fragile" = useless unit.
19 Feb 2014, 18:58 PM

Changes to the 222 were made to better balance the risk/reward aspect of the unit. As noted by many within the community, the unit is extremely fragile making a high munition investment much harder to justify as a player. By lowering the damage and cost of the upgrade, the unit has a lower associated risk but still performs its harassment role as intended. This unit is ideal for hunting down Katyusha's or supporting a defense against an early T70.

It's supposed to be killing snipers which it struggles to do due to the high amount of small arms fire it takes by screening troops.

Please, explain how exactly a scout car can support a defence against an early T70? Because you totally lost me there as well.
19 Feb 2014, 19:00 PM

Thanks for the update, looking forward to what you have planned :)
19 Feb 2014, 19:08 PM

I'd be curious to learn how you guys measure the reward part of the equation.
19 Feb 2014, 19:08 PM

And thanks for the new german commander. It fits my playstyle just absolutly perfect.
19 Feb 2014, 19:13 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Please, explain how exactly a scout car can support a defence against an early T70? Because you totally lost me there as well.

I think pqumieh means using an upgunned scout car to keep the T-70 from flanking the Pak/chip away at its HP if it comes too close. It doesn't do much to the front, but it does decent if it can get the rear.

Still doesn't mean the 222 doesn't need help. ATM it's only really good at giving LOS and providing fire support against non-Guard infantry behind an infantry screen. Also it becomes a map hack at vet 2 with spotting scopes.
19 Feb 2014, 19:18 PM

I think pqumieh means using an upgunned scout car to keep the T-70 from flanking the Pak/chip away at its HP if it comes too close. It doesn't do much to the front, but it does decent if it can get the rear.

So can a grenadier squad with a panzerfaust but I wouldn't call it 'ideally suited' for the role. It sounds like he's grasping at straws to find uses for the scout car, and I can't blame him, its almost entirely useless.
19 Feb 2014, 19:18 PM

I'd really love to hear from anybody how they deal with soviet sniper spam in 2 v 2 or greater games.
19 Feb 2014, 19:20 PM

T70=Honeybadger
222=Snake
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak