Login

russian armor

Aftermath Update Impressions Thread

PAGES (10)down
19 Feb 2014, 12:00 PM
Patrion 14

Grens are still the most underwhelming unit in the game. There needs to be a 10 muni decrease in mg upgrade.

222 SC nerf is laughable. This unit has a cruddy upgrade (spot infantry, wow, yeah the whole map is dotted with them) as opposed to the M5 utility (over-drive and have passengers). The new pew-pew cannon is poor.

Unless you have the micro of Deep Though and HAL the 222 is a waste of time.
19 Feb 2014, 12:30 PM

It's like a Kindergarden here. Most of you did not play one game with the new patch but are still bitching. WTF is this, WTF is that??
Bravo to all of you (who are bitching), nice Community we have. Keep it up "Bitches".

Ohh no - the strongest of the mankind arives!
19 Feb 2014, 12:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2014, 12:30 PMcarloff

Ohh no - the strongest of the mankind arives!

I agree with Sandreas tough.
You sir need to argument and not whine and bitch.

Nothing personal intended, just think before you whine and bitch?
19 Feb 2014, 13:11 PM

There are both good and whiny responses on this thread.

I agree many of the cp changes are weird (example: DSHK pushed back?), we should discuss that.

Complaining about how long it took, and saying asgrens will win the day forever is whiny. Let's play the game and see what happens. We played through 1 cp shocks and guards, we can at least try this patch.

Also keep in mind many of the suggestions WE made on this very forum were adopted (examples: pushing back elite troops for soviet, making ram not count on Tiger Ace, buffing building cover bonuses). Relic is listening, but they cannot change it in a heartbeat. They have also made some mistakes, but I think when they clearly try to improve the game we should support them as much as possible.
19 Feb 2014, 13:26 PM

There are both good and whiny responses on this thread.

I agree many of the cp changes are weird (example: DSHK pushed back?), we should discuss that.

Complaining about how long it took, and saying asgrens will win the day forever is whiny. Let's play the game and see what happens. We played through 1 cp shocks and guards, we can at least try this patch.

Also keep in mind many of the suggestions WE made on this very forum were adopted (examples: pushing back elite troops for soviet, making ram not count on Tiger Ace, buffing building cover bonuses). Relic is listening, but they cannot change it in a heartbeat. They have also made some mistakes, but I think when they clearly try to improve the game we should support them as much as possible.

I totally agree, I think Relic is on the good way. I like most of the change of the update, even if some change are a bit strange, just let some time to Relic.
19 Feb 2014, 13:28 PM

I agree with Sandreas tough.
You sir need to argument and not whine and bitch.

Nothing personal intended, just think before you whine and bitch?

I think you guys have some mental problems. Nothing personal intended, but just my wiev.

To the topic - cry babies and whiny tards is the new age of gamers. You can check other game's forum for proofs. Or you thinkin' about only STRONG and HETEROSEXUAL men are playing CoH2?

This game was one side oriented from it's start. Topic about soviet's was closed in great numbers. Info in Rjev map show only the soviets loses and nothing about germans.

I may continue, but this would be closed again.
19 Feb 2014, 13:31 PM

I totally agree, I think Relic is on the good way. I like most of the change of the update, even if some change are a bit strange, just let some time to Relic.

Yep, the Relic in the good way. Lobby are up from 4k players every evening to 6k. Hope this would be a good start for changes.
19 Feb 2014, 13:31 PM

most changes seem good but some cp changes seem retarded!
Neo
19 Feb 2014, 13:35 PM

NEW MAP IS AWESOME. That is all.
19 Feb 2014, 13:38 PM
Patrion 14

The battle servers are great on my rig. I've virtually no input lag, it's 90% better than before. Unit commands are crisper and I can finally dodge 'nads and mollies.

I have a good broadband connection and am in the UK, playing on a decent gaming rig and before this patch CoH2 occasionally felt like I was playing on dial-up.

So massive thumbs up for the new servers.
19 Feb 2014, 13:40 PM
Patrion 14

Oh, and yeah Uncle Sam cheers for the bitchin' map
19 Feb 2014, 13:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2014, 13:28 PMcarloff

I think you guys have some mental problems. Nothing personal intended, but just my wiev.

To the topic - cry babies and whiny tards is the new age of gamers. You can check other game's forum for proofs. Or you thinkin' about only STRONG and HETEROSEXUAL men are playing CoH2?

This game was one side oriented from it's start. Topic about soviet's was closed in great numbers. Info in Rjev map show only the soviets loses and nothing about germans.

I may continue, but this would be closed again.

Sorry, but what i said has nothing to do with "strong man" or "heterosexual" or what ever.
It has to do with Brains and using this organ. From your post i can only say that you are not using your Brain (not saying that you dont have one, i am not trying to insult you) but your "Heart" (you are emotional).

And to make my point clear i will write an example.
You bought a can of sodadrink that you like but they made some changes in the ingredients. You read them but before drinking it you say that it sucks!!!
Maybe it will, maybe not. But to say it sucks before you try it, that is something a five year old kid would do. Why? Because he uses his emotions, not his Brain.

19 Feb 2014, 13:52 PM

I still thinks the SdKfz 222 is to OP, need to nerf it more. To fast, to thick armor and the gun is to powerful............... -_-

This unit is useless unless it is vet 3, only then you can use it to scout. And now, it is even more useless...
19 Feb 2014, 13:55 PM

A lot of people in this thread really need to start playing both sides seriously before posting. I wonder if there could be a balance subforum where you have to have your stats page linked and have some ratio of factions played to post. :)

Agrens are fairly terrible. M3 + flamer = GG. Focus fire from 2 scripts = GG. One maxim = GG. Penals with flamer = GG. Literally any vehicle = GG. I absolutely love it when I see Agrens early on because it's an instant doctrine reveal and they're very easy to counter tech.

I agree a couple of changes seemed unnecessary, but they ultimately seem irrelevant until other things get addressed. I can count the number of heavy Dshk's I have seen after they got fixed on one hand. 120mm mortar coming 1cp later I don't think will really change much due to having lesser impact than say shocks. Could/should they be moved back? Yeah, probably. But they need other work besides CP costs to better fit in the game.

Battle servers I am quite excited about. This just seems like a straight up win all around, so kudos to relic for doing that. As a programmer for many years I can't imagine this was trivial or cheap to do.

3x ppsh on scripts I think is actually an interesting idea because it should make the gren vs script fight less RNG based depending on range. Gren will win at long, script will win at close. There's still work to be done there, but from a 10k mile view it seems to be heading in the right direction.

I would expect most of the work to have been focused on the backend battle server stuff rather than balance changes, so overall not surprising in terms of content.
19 Feb 2014, 14:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2014, 13:55 PMShazz

3x ppsh on scripts I think is actually an interesting idea because it should make the gren vs script fight less RNG based depending on range. Gren will win at long, script will win at close. There's still work to be done there, but from a 10k mile view it seems to be heading in the right direction.

+1 Well said!!!!

People complained about Cons not scailing for the Late game. Now probably they can but still... there is bitching again!!!!!!!
19 Feb 2014, 14:03 PM

And to make my point clear i will write an example.
You bought a can of sodadrink that you like but they made some changes in the ingredients. You read them but before drinking it you say that it sucks!!!
Maybe it will, maybe not. But to say it sucks before you try it, that is something a five year old kid would do. Why? Because he uses his emotions, not his Brain.

If new ingridients are shit and poop do I really need to drink it before making my opinion?
19 Feb 2014, 14:03 PM

Permanently Banned
Look that balance, get better, but not the ideal, conscripts assault package 10 mun (with 6 smg's) (lol!!!!!!) now is 30 with 3, but for grens get 2 rifle or 1 lmg is 60 mun... wtf??????

Is because of this i loose half of the early games by spam's rusher's, i dont have nothing and the soviet's get all fine running into no cover no problem...

Shock's god mod, just 2 CP? No solution...

Need less Need For Speed No Cover No problem Style

And the nerf of tiger ace big, shock's not, why? The 2 are much OP! Now just 1.
19 Feb 2014, 14:15 PM

The actual changes (to units) seems like it could be okay and be a step in the right direction (I reserve the right to be judgemental on that later) the cp changes seem 100% retarded and very pro axis. Was it needed to move dshkas, 45mm AT, and 120mm mortars back? Hell no ... Why was that done?? Was it necessary to move t34/85s and kv1s back? Hell no it makes no sense ... These are medium and midgame tanks that now come out at about the same time as the heavy tanks. This also seems retarded.

I live that the German whiners are already complaining about shocks and guards again even though you guys got exactly what you wanted (and then some). Shocks at 1cp wasn't the problem, people not bothering to learning how to play against them is the problem (and guess what that hasn't changed). People will still expect their greens to 1v1 shocks and come here to cry if that doesn't happen.

I havnt played against them yet, but it does seem a little unfair on paper that all callin infantry got bumped back one cp except for the German ones ... Literally none of them got moved. How is any sov player supposed to see this and not be upset or severly confused at the least.
19 Feb 2014, 14:20 PM

The actual changes (to units) seems like it could be okay and be a step in the right direction (I reserve the right to be judgemental on that later) the cp changes seem 100% retarded and very pro axis. Was it needed to move dshkas, 45mm AT, and 120mm mortars back? Hell no ... Why was that done?? Was it necessary to move t34/85s and kv1s back? Hell no it makes no sense ... These are medium and midgame tanks that now come out at about the same time as the heavy tanks. This also seems retarded.

I live that the German whiners are already complaining about shocks and guards again even though you guys got exactly what you wanted (and then some). Shocks at 1cp wasn't the problem, people not bothering to learning how to play against them is the problem (and guess what that hasn't changed). People will still expect their greens to 1v1 shocks and come here to cry if that doesn't happen.

I havnt played against them yet, but it does seem a little unfair on paper that all callin infantry got bumped back one cp except for the German ones ... Literally none of them got moved. How is any sov player supposed to see this and not be upset or severly confused at the least.

Don't be afraid to sacrifice Conscripts. Soviet doctrine considers troops expendable in furtherance of the tactical or strategic objectives. (Company of Heroes 2: Campaign Tips)
19 Feb 2014, 14:22 PM

Assgrens are only useful in the first few minutes of the game. Putting them back to even 1cp renders them useless.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS