Login

russian armor

Aftermath Update Impressions Thread

PAGES (10)down
19 Feb 2014, 14:43 PM

Assgrens are only useful in the first few minutes of the game. Putting them back to even 1cp renders them useless.

I can't believe that assgrens suddenly become bad ... They just get overshadowed in everyway by pgrens which everyone has access to

Edit: this is like saying the 45mm AT gun is bad once the zis comes out meaning that moving the 45mm up one cp point would make it useless ... Oh wait they did that cause $&#* soviets lol
19 Feb 2014, 14:55 PM

I can't believe that assgrens suddenly become bad ... They just get overshadowed in everyway by pgrens which everyone has access to

Edit: this is like saying the 45mm AT gun is bad once the zis comes out meaning that moving the 45mm up one cp point would make it useless ... Oh wait they did that cause $&#* soviets lol

It's not just that, after a few mins everyone has access to their elite infantry but also conscript squads and gren squads get upgraded as well and those outclass the assgrens too.
19 Feb 2014, 15:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2014, 14:03 PMcarloff

If new ingridients are shit and poop do I really need to drink it before making my opinion?

Whatever man, keep up the bitching, you will have results from that!!!!
19 Feb 2014, 15:07 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2014, 14:03 PMBravus
Look that balance, get better, but not the ideal, conscripts assault package 10 mun (with 6 smg's) (lol!!!!!!) now is 30 with 3, but for grens get 2 rifle or 1 lmg is 60 mun... wtf??????

Is because of this i loose half of the early games by spam's rusher's, i dont have nothing and the soviet's get all fine running into no cover no problem...

The 10 muni conscripts assault package only had 2 smg's. Now its 30 for 3 AND they come later. This needs to be seen in the context of the previous nerf to them. The original package used the single player campaigns stats for the weapons and they were very powerful. Once this was fixed the two smgs really didn't do that much anymore and whilst cheap were a bit pointless.

These changes as another poster pointed out should make this an option to scale cons into the mid late game better. They will be decisive vs un-upgraded grens but not until 3 cp's when your opponent can have pg's + the muni cost will actually make it a decision rather than a no brainer to upgrade.
19 Feb 2014, 15:09 PM

Whatever man, keep up the bitching, you will have results from that!!!!

Sadly random bitching is the way to get things done. Hell that's how this whole patch came about (at least the in game changes not the maps and battle servers). There were enough German bitch posts about 1cp guards/shocks to put the bible to shame even though it wasnt op it was just strong. But here we are 2cp soviet callin infantry ... Want to take bets that peoplw will still cry about it here? Because those people that couldnt handle it at 1cp will probsbly not be able to do it at 2cp either meaning its just a matter of time till the guard/shock qq threads spring to life again ;)

But this community is pro German enough that they'll get moved to 3 next patch. Then 4, until eventually all the german fanboys will be happy when shocks unlock at 53725cps :p
19 Feb 2014, 15:17 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Sadly random bitching is the way to get things done. Hell that's how this whole patch came about (at least the in game changes not the maps and battle servers). There were enough German bitch posts about 1cp guards/shocks to put the bible to shame even though it wasnt op it was just strong. But here we are 2cp soviet callin infantry ... Want to take bets that peoplw will still cry about it here? Because those people that couldnt handle it at 1cp will probsbly not be able to do it at 2cp either meaning its just a matter of time till the guard/shock qq threads spring to life again ;)

But this community is pro German enough that they'll get moved to 3 next patch. Then 4, until eventually all the german fanboys will be happy when shocks unlock at 53725cps :p

lol
Neo
19 Feb 2014, 15:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2014, 15:07 PMArray

They will be decisive vs un-upgraded grens but not until 3 cp's when your opponent can have pg's + the muni cost will actually make it a decision rather than a no brainer to upgrade.

G43s tear PPSh Conscripts to pieces if you can keep them at range. Seems like the best counter so far.
19 Feb 2014, 15:23 PM
Donator 11

Shocks may or may not have been OP at 1 CP but they were really boring discouraging German starts featuring early aggression or maneouvre - you had to hug tight to your mg's.
19 Feb 2014, 15:38 PM
Donator 22

massive connections problems after this patch....
19 Feb 2014, 15:41 PM

If you think that bitching and whining and not, i dont know, maybe common sense or constructive feedback, is the reason that Relic made this changes, then what can i say. "Keep up the good... bitching".
19 Feb 2014, 15:56 PM
Honorary Member Badge

what i currently think of the patch/current meta. :D

19 Feb 2014, 16:27 PM

There are both good and whiny responses on this thread.

I agree many of the cp changes are weird (example: DSHK pushed back?), we should discuss that.

Complaining about how long it took, and saying asgrens will win the day forever is whiny. Let's play the game and see what happens. We played through 1 cp shocks and guards, we can at least try this patch.

Also keep in mind many of the suggestions WE made on this very forum were adopted (examples: pushing back elite troops for soviet, making ram not count on Tiger Ace, buffing building cover bonuses). Relic is listening, but they cannot change it in a heartbeat. They have also made some mistakes, but I think when they clearly try to improve the game we should support them as much as possible.

AMEN
19 Feb 2014, 16:49 PM

I quite like the changes especially the minefields. No idea what the CP changes will really bring but we'll see. Map seems quite nice and like ultra balanced.

Shit I just have to do it.

Ppl don't forget that this game is an absolut bitch to balance and also don't forget that you are not the one with the statistics at hand. Think you have the right ideas about what should balancewise happen? Well you don't (most, most likely that is)! Also do you like either germans or soviets more? Correct for that in your head, otherwise tell you dog or someone else who might care about your opinion. Do we want a balanced game or an unfair advantage. Sry for being blunt about that. I probably just shouldn't care. Have a bit of a BS allergy;)

Just got an awesome idead to ballance the forum. Pls write you age and IQ to every post. I demanded it now so you basically have to do it;)

Edit: The changes to the ladder are also very well done, much clearer now;)
19 Feb 2014, 16:51 PM
Patrion 14

I also notice that now there is number 2 is above unmanned weapons. I thought this was a great idea, especially for germans but when i went to pick it up, it took 3 men....

i also dont get why mortars need minimum 2 men.
19 Feb 2014, 16:55 PM
Donator 11

Good changes, both CP and balance wise.

Awesome new map, need to play it though.

Can we now talk about the soviet snipers, god I hate them :D
19 Feb 2014, 17:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2014, 16:55 PMZ3r07

I'd rather go back to talking about all the stuff Soviets have that causes insta-crits and squad wipes before you can possibly retreat safely.

If two guys die in a squad, it's going to die on retreat anyway. Meaning, you can't engage unless you have 3x the numbers.

19 Feb 2014, 17:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2014, 16:55 PMZ3r07

THIS.

Sure - in the 1 V 1 world it's not a problem (well, not as much) - but 2 V 2 upward, Soviet sniper spam is a joke.

What can you do?

Can't counter snipe.

Can't inf rush them.

Can't MG them.

The only 2 options are DLC call ins - HT mortar (and that's relying on pure luck) or Ostrupen spam simply because they have 6 man squads.

And don't even start me on mines.....Whats the point of the German anti-personal mine - one that specifically says "HI - THERE ARE MINES HERE!" with a nice big sign? I mean, really - what sort of genius thought that was a good idea??

Also - mine detectors eng - they can DETECT the soviet mines - but the can't disable them? Seems they can disable demo chargers but thats it - so you either have to have a mine sweeping team with your units at all times just to detect (yet not remove) the mines - and the only "removal" tool being shreck panzergrens? 125 muni and T1 just to take out mines that pio's are unable to?

Why not give both factions the same mines as it was previously in vCoh - ditto for the 2 man sniper teams that make counter sniping impossible and no vehicle sniper harassment till T1 - which is a rather slow and poorly pathed (and easily AT naded) 222....

There needs to be some serious re-work given that sniper spam in team games is well and alive.
19 Feb 2014, 17:15 PM

I'd rather go back to talking about all the stuff Soviets have that causes insta-crits and squad wipes before you can possibly retreat safely.

If two guys die in a squad, it's going to die on retreat anyway. Meaning, you can't engage unless you have 3x the numbers.

This also bugs the sh!t out of me.

Retreating say an MG or mortar team - 4 man squad is alive yet when one gets killed, the whole animation restarts from the beginning - as if the other 3 men in the team are just watching and doing nothing - so instead of retreating - the 3rd man starts to pack up - boom he dies - animation starts again - 2nd man steps up.....

Unit gone.

Why can't they all pack up so the unit actually behaves as a TEAM rather than 3 guys standing around while one packs up?
19 Feb 2014, 17:22 PM
Patrion 14

There needs to be some serious re-work given that sniper spam in team games is well and alive.

Word.

The natural counter is the 222. But it gets destroyed by just about everything, including conscript rifles. It's survival time versus Guards is about two seconds. And atm snipers are a combat indicator for Guards.
19 Feb 2014, 17:29 PM

Word.

The natural counter is the 222. But it gets destroyed by just about everything, including conscript rifles. It's survival time versus Guards is about two seconds. And atm snipers are a combat indicator for Guards.

And by the time you finally have a counter up - which is basically a P4 - they've delayed you long enough for an SU AND have mined/AT nades - so it's effectively GG.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Peru 17
unknown 13
unknown 7
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L