Login

russian armor

Aftermath Update Impressions Thread

PAGES (10)down
19 Feb 2014, 06:56 AM

How can you deny the battle servers ? :o

Agreed battle servers are awesome. I think this was more back end stuff this patch, perhaps we will get continent next patch. Or perhaps they are just BSing to keep people playing their game :P
19 Feb 2014, 07:01 AM
Donator 11

battleservers are nice but i was having no lag in 1v1 and 3v3 is unplayable anyway since its just tankfest 2k.
19 Feb 2014, 07:15 AM
Donator 11

Had the Osttruppen been upguned? I'm not sure if it had been in the minipatch or this one, if at all...
19 Feb 2014, 07:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2014, 06:56 AMstichy

Agreed battle servers are awesome. I think this was more back end stuff this patch, perhaps we will get continent next patch. Or perhaps they are just BSing to keep people playing their game :P

Well of course you have to count that there was Christmas & New Year's etc. They are still regular people and not some bots working 24/7.

I have to admit it was a long wait but I hope that it was because they were really gathering feedback from beta and really carefully discussing the changes.

Can't really agree on the last sentence though, I'm happy to play their game (and was even during the time there was few OP commanders). Now hopefully it will be even more in balance and I'm excited to get to the battlefields.
19 Feb 2014, 07:33 AM

Assgren only useful in the first 2-3 mins, after that it is completely worthless, increasing Assgren CP is like removing the doctrine forever.

So they just being crap in balancing and make a bunch of CP delay, it is NOT solving any problem.

Snipers/Guards still annoying as fuck. G43 ppsh still being too good. Shocks still having their plasma armor, skillplanez still can fuck people up. AA are still RNG crap. RAM are still RNG crap. Soviet Mines / IS2 still going to squad wipe vet 3 squad. S-mine still having signs nullifying its purpose. 221 still being shit and they nerf them more.

All they do is earn enough money from TA / Windustry and fuck balance the doctrine up?
19 Feb 2014, 07:40 AM
Donator 11

Pgrens still have their sound fucked i cant belive how shitty this update is... conscripts 30 munition upgrade rape grenadiers 60 munitions LMG.. thats cute.. why is soviets upgrade so cheap anyways? soviet is never munition starved.

And tell me why is molovtov so cheap? whats the point with that? bc right now you always throw molotov BECAUSE they are so cheap. There is never a reason not to molotov.
19 Feb 2014, 07:51 AM

Spajn, there's also no reason not to have two MGs.

Sincerely,

Noise of Carpet.
19 Feb 2014, 07:51 AM

None of this makes sense ... At this point they should just axe the defensive doctrine commander entirely as what little use he had after the last patch probably just got removed by nerfing 3/5s of his ability with the other 2 (lolttaps and AI mines) being already useless loll

Assgrens should have gotten moved back along with ppshs and shocks ... Having them at 0 is even more ignorant now.

I came to this thread to say this. Two major lapses in the patch.

Also I was hopping to see some changes to flamer half track to prevent camping of cutofs, but i guess i can live with how it is now.
19 Feb 2014, 07:57 AM

Yeah, I was hoping they'd implement the proposed halftrack reinforcement nerf they called out during SNF. Doesn't make sense for any upgraded halftrack to retain that ability.

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2014, 07:40 AMspajn
why is soviets upgrade so cheap anyways? soviet is never munition starved.

That's a myth. Abilities (button, molotovs, AT/Smoke/Frag grenades, callin strikes), upgrades, and most importantly...mines drain the Soviets in the long run. Mines are one of only paltry amount of effective AT weapons against late game Ost. Without munis and mines, Soviets are just there be to ROFLstomped.
19 Feb 2014, 08:20 AM
Donator 11

Yeah, I was hoping they'd implement the proposed halftrack reinforcement nerf they called out during SNF. Doesn't make sense for any upgraded halftrack to retain that ability.

That's a myth. Abilities (button, molotovs, AT/Smoke/Frag grenades, callin strikes), upgrades, and most importantly...mines drain the Soviets in the long run. Mines are one of only paltry amount of effective AT weapons against late game Ost. Without munis and mines, Soviets are just there be to ROFLstomped.

tbh the best part of mines on tanks is engine damage, the actual damage on the tank is just a bonus.. give me half the damage half the munition cost mines anyday. Btw soviet mines also usually wipes out infantry squads too.
19 Feb 2014, 08:31 AM

Sincerely,

Noise of Carpet.

that's very nice until you realise that scripts stroll right into the mg42 and Molotov it. currently mg42 is not worth it
19 Feb 2014, 08:31 AM
Donator 11

Sincerely,

Noise of Carpet.

If i need 2 MG's to hold of upgraded conscripts whats the point of my 60 mun upgrade again?

I see you were the guy i lost to recently, i assure you i dont blame my loss on this patch.. i played horribly and deserved to lose.
19 Feb 2014, 09:11 AM

Nice work on the IL-2 strafe. Most useless now. Not like the Stuka dive bomb - no flares, 160 ammo, nice cooldown and great damage.

3 PPSh are great, but how long it would be? 1 week before nerf?
19 Feb 2014, 09:42 AM

I found the patch interesting with the delay of powerfull unit without nerf them to death, the up of useless ones (M5/S-mines) and the nerf of OP ones like IL2/TA/troop training/early T70 with windustry.

But the way to play need to be modify because wait call-in without at least T2 tech is almost suicide now.

3 ppsh is indeed strong but it will come later against PG and G with LMG so i am not sure it is so OP
19 Feb 2014, 10:15 AM

T-34/85 only 1CP from Tiger? bravo

And flamehalftruck can still reinforce?
19 Feb 2014, 10:30 AM

Why did they put Panzer IV Command Tank to 8 CP from 7? I don't know anyone who uses it besides HelpingHans, and when I saw it on his stream it always failed. Did anyone complain that it would be too good at 7CP?
19 Feb 2014, 10:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2014, 10:30 AMgokkel
Why did they put Panzer IV Command Tank to 8 CP from 7? I don't know anyone who uses it besides HelpingHans, and when I saw it on his stream it always failed. Did anyone complain that it would be too good at 7CP?

KV-1 the same. Hmmm, no problem, i return back on Su-85 if Relic hate doctrine units with the exception of assgrenadiers.

Assgrenadiers will probably now be kings of early battlefield. + FHT
19 Feb 2014, 11:15 AM

Seems like everyone likes their particular faction and are complaining about how they are going to still do their strats given the changes (nerfs to commanders/units).

I'm not really sure the intention of relic to make all these CP changes; perhaps its to not let the individual commanders give such game changing abilities but just give you an additional option? Thats my only guess as to why all the CP changes - so basically you are more prone to produce 'regular' units and use the commander units as supplements.

Like the soviet defense tactics doctrine - was it that strong? ... did the top guys use this one and abuse it? ... I dont know and not from the replays that I saw ... but again see above.

From a balance perspective I do see some potential issues coming up with conscripts and the new ppsh. I cant help think that people will gravitate toward this new doctrine - given how strong the ppsh upgrade was already; and I do agree that this upgrade being 30 muni while osteer's 60 is a bit strange.

I do like some of the things with the new patch: even thou I play the germans most I like the changes to the tiger ace. Was really lame watching replays and see that one ability decide the game (especially in a tournament).

19 Feb 2014, 11:49 AM
Donator 22

I like the new map =)
19 Feb 2014, 11:59 AM

It's like a Kindergarden here. Most of you did not play one game with the new patch but are still bitching. WTF is this, WTF is that??
Bravo to all of you (who are bitching), nice Community we have. Keep it up "Bitches".
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS