Login

russian armor

SSSSS

16 Feb 2014, 12:48 PM

How about counter snipe will cause the last member flee out of the map like mortar and ATG?
16 Feb 2014, 13:04 PM

This is bullshit too the 221 scout car can survive easily agianst guards by keeping distance and going in wide circles around the guards.

You must have some luck then, good or bad. PTRS only takes 4 shots to kill a Scout Car. If you have one Guard squad, that's enough to keep it from charging, enough to keep the Snipers safe.

Also see above post I always get snipers of my own as well and once you start picking off gaurds the manpower drain is unsustainable and debilitating for the soviet player..

Guards only cost 30MP to reinforce, the same as Grenadiers. They're draining you long before you drain them.
16 Feb 2014, 13:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2014, 12:48 PMPorygon
How about counter snipe will cause the last member flee out of the map like mortar and ATG?

It makes as much sense as sniping a gren member, causing all others to fell the map.
You need 2 entities to operate ATG or mortar, you need one to operate mosin.
16 Feb 2014, 14:12 PM

You must have some luck then, good or bad. PTRS only takes 4 shots to kill a Scout Car. If you have one Guard squad, that's enough to keep it from charging, enough to keep the Snipers safe.

Guards only cost 30MP to reinforce, the same as Grenadiers. They're draining you long before you drain them.

221 forces guards to always be near their sniper, reducing their map control. German sniper shoots faster than sov and incendiary can kill multiple models, which means you drain guards faster than they drain your grens.
16 Feb 2014, 16:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2014, 12:03 PMQubix
give Snipers 25% percent less accuracy for every other sniper that is next to him so players cant simply blob them and need to split them up. Secondly all units in a M3 should have a 50 % less accuracy penalty because the whole idea of snipers shooting out of a vehicle is just stupid imo.

+1000000000000000000000
It's just ridiculous that you can drive around and shoot AND kill.
Whenever dis happens to me is laik;

16 Feb 2014, 16:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2014, 14:12 PMCieZ

221 forces guards to always be near their sniper, reducing their map control. German sniper shoots faster than sov and incendiary can kill multiple models, which means you drain guards faster than they drain your grens.

Dude, you serious?
Like the german sniper actually survives.
You can maybe get 1 shot, but that doesn't matter because than you have to run like crazy to your base.
Than the soviet sniper can still shoot like there is no tomorrow, guarded by guards.

It's always funny to see some people defending the mistakes made in the game.
Double sniper in a scoutcar against + guards against sniper/grens is just ALWAYS a loss for the german player. (you can faust it... (pfff boring), a skilld player will drive backwards, kill grens, guards kill grens.. scoutcar damages grens's health..)

SNIPER IDEA IS SHIT.
16 Feb 2014, 18:27 PM

Dude, you serious?
Like the german sniper actually survives.
You can maybe get 1 shot, but that doesn't matter because than you have to run like crazy to your base.
Than the soviet sniper can still shoot like there is no tomorrow, guarded by guards.

It's always funny to see some people defending the mistakes made in the game.
Double sniper in a scoutcar against + guards against sniper/grens is just ALWAYS a loss for the german player. (you can faust it... (pfff boring), a skilld player will drive backwards, kill grens, guards kill grens.. scoutcar damages grens's health..)

SNIPER IDEA IS SHIT.

Yes, I'm 100% serious. I beat sniper/guard on a regular basis in both 1vs1 and 2vs2. German sniper, if used properly, is better than the Soviet sniper - especially at countersniping. Soviet sniper has more survivability and shoots smaller squads, but the advantages end there. German has better RoF, much better camo, and a stronger vet 1 ability (that is capable of 1-shotting Soviet sniper squads).

Another tip for you, if they're in the M3 they'll never be able to countersnipe you because they can't control who they target while inside the M3.

If you don't believe me I could either prove it to you in a 1v1 or I could show you in game how to deal with the strat...
16 Feb 2014, 19:14 PM

Is this the sound of the German QQwagon revving its engine? It looks like the German cry babies got everything they wanted from the last patch plus some additional crap so they're looking for something new to get butthurt about?

Removing soviet snipers and making them doctrinal? Are you serious? Let's do the same with pgrens and see how the tears will flow lol.

A good player can counter guard/sniper very very easily. I generally directly charge it with upgunned scout cars and smoke screen when buttoned (you know ... the i-win button that gets you out of every bad situstion). Its even easier now that you get smoke screen at the same time as guards come out. If you can't pull off defending against snipers/guards you should really consider playing a different game as this one may be not be aligned with your skillset, or just take the losses and not cry on the forums :/ I suck at sports games ... And instead of complaining about them and expecting developers to dumb them down to my level i just don't play them.

Edit: there is nothing wrong with asking how to deal with something I'm sure most people have done that ... But coming in with the nerfguns a blazin' is rediculous
16 Feb 2014, 20:43 PM

I'd like to see some replays of the guards/sniper combo being defeated (without the soviet player making silly mistakes)
16 Feb 2014, 20:57 PM

Is this the sound of the German QQwagon revving its engine? It looks like the German cry babies got everything they wanted from the last patch plus some additional crap so they're looking for something new to get butthurt about?

Removing soviet snipers and making them doctrinal? Are you serious? Let's do the same with pgrens and see how the tears will flow lol.

A good player can counter guard/sniper very very easily. I generally directly charge it with upgunned scout cars and smoke screen when buttoned (you know ... the i-win button that gets you out of every bad situstion). Its even easier now that you get smoke screen at the same time as guards come out. If you can't pull off defending against snipers/guards you should really consider playing a different game as this one may be not be aligned with your skillset, or just take the losses and not cry on the forums :/ I suck at sports games ... And instead of complaining about them and expecting developers to dumb them down to my level i just don't play them.

Edit: there is nothing wrong with asking how to deal with something I'm sure most people have done that ... But coming in with the nerfguns a blazin' is rediculous

Sorry mate but Soviets needed serious tweaking either you agree with it or not.
17 Feb 2014, 01:01 AM

Sorry mate but Soviets needed serious tweaking either you agree with it or not.

Oh is that why axis is winning most of the tournaments? (didnt they sweep snf?) It would appear that they do need "adjusting" but i fear the current "adjustments" are going in the wrong direction.
17 Feb 2014, 01:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2014, 13:25 PMKatitof

It makes as much sense as sniping a gren member, causing all others to fell the map.
You need 2 entities to operate ATG or mortar, you need one to operate mosin.

So let me get this straight. Remove Sniper team, replace with Sniper = okay. Keep Sniper team, but lose it if counter-sniped = not okay?

Exactly why is that wrong? The Sniper team is still more survivable, you just can't survive attacks by the other Sniper anymore.
17 Feb 2014, 02:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2014, 14:12 PMCieZ
German sniper shoots faster than sov and incendiary can kill multiple models, which means you drain guards faster than they drain your grens.

How does incendiary shot work/what are the chances of it killing more than 1 model?

When I've used it to counter snipe it seems around 50/50 of the time it just kills 1 guy out of the sniper team
17 Feb 2014, 03:40 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Thankfully when counter-sniping, should incendiary shot fail to ignite the other model, the German sniper can near immediately follow up with another regular shot. Not the other way around, though, as he has to go through what seems to be a reload for incendiary.
17 Feb 2014, 05:48 AM

Oh is that why axis is winning most of the tournaments? (didnt they sweep snf?) It would appear that they do need "adjusting" but i fear the current "adjustments" are going in the wrong direction.
Snf was like 25ish to 15ish in Sov favor. It was just the last round where Germans swept, by using the same strategy and neither Sov player actually bothered to counter it, which I found strange as they both by game 3 knew what was coming.
17 Feb 2014, 09:55 AM

So let me get this straight. Remove Sniper team, replace with Sniper = okay.

Not okay, because it won't happen. Yes, relic told so. Snipers will not be rebalanced around survivability, but around killing power.
Keep Sniper team, but lose it if counter-sniped = not okay?

Exactly why is that wrong? The Sniper team is still more survivable, you just can't survive attacks by the other Sniper anymore.

Because it makes as much sense as killing LMG42 gren model and the rest of them flee the map.
The only differences are model count and hp.

And you can still counter snipe, you've had it explained in this very thread already.
17 Feb 2014, 23:11 PM

How does incendiary shot work/what are the chances of it killing more than 1 model?

When I've used it to counter snipe it seems around 50/50 of the time it just kills 1 guy out of the sniper team

It does AoE damage, if they are split apart the other model wont take the damage.
18 Feb 2014, 18:28 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Want a counter to Soviet Sniper? Try the G-43. They super hard counter snipers. The G-43 seems to have the same range as a sniper and the accuracy is just so much against a sniper that it's so easy to force the retreat. Soviet Snipers are pretty much unusable against G-43 Grens unless they're in the scout car.

If you see Soviet sniper play go for a Halftrack, don't bother with the Flammenwerfer and then just have it and supporting your G-43 Grens with constant reinforce. The Soviet will have to either fire only one shot off and then just retreat to avoid being killed by the G43's and then lose all map presence and capping power, or the Sniper will have to play ridiculously risky and probably end up having equal bleed to the Grens since reinforcing the Spotter costs 90 Manpower, the equivalent of 3 Grens. If the Sniper gets flanked and has to run through a G-43 squad it's pretty much dead unless it's incredibly lucky.

If the Grens don't have G'43's however, the Soviet Sniper is incredibly powerful but is often a huge tradeoff for lack of map presense and capping power so it's only really viable in 1v1's on Langres, if the Germans don't have G'43s. And if the German doesn't have G-43's then the Sniper is just insanely strong and can be quite hard to deal with.
18 Feb 2014, 20:20 PM

G43's are not a hard counter to snipers. It is only available in two doctrines, it does not out range the soviet sniper, and it comes at 3 cp's. That is far too late to get on the field to hard counter early sniper strats. In addition, placing a sniper in the scout car effectively returns capping power for this unit.
18 Feb 2014, 21:01 PM

Permanently Banned
i lost today 2-3 games because of g43, idk why but they outranged the snipers.... disgusting, no mention i lost my awesome 17 streak :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★