Login

russian armor

Why don't you take part in tournaments?

PAGES (12)down
15 Feb 2014, 03:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2014, 01:46 AMcr4wler
btw... if you search the steam store for "pay 2 win" or "dlc whoring"... both times coh2 is the first hit O_o

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2014, 07:24 AMWiFiDi

when the dlc is 10x the cost of the game are you really shocked...

Also, there's hidden DLC!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/231430/
http://store.steampowered.com/dlc/231430/

3 DLCs, right?

WRONG.

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/Company_of_Heroes_2_Commanders/
http://store.steampowered.com/sale/Company_of_Heroes_2_Vehicle_Camouflages/
http://store.steampowered.com/sale/Company_of_Heroes_2_Faceplates/

Where can this be found? On the forums... of course!
15 Feb 2014, 09:13 AM
16 Feb 2014, 00:24 AM

Whoa, I never saw the line-up like that.

$61.84 for the commanders (getting the $8.99 deal for four of the $2.99 ones to save a few bucks.)
$24.97 for the single player missions
$87.56 for skins (There are forty-six!!, the two $5.49 four packs don't make a dent for savings.)
$7.96 for faceplates. lol faceplates.

$86.81 for in-game content.
$95.52 for cosmetics.

$182.33 in DLC. That's ridiculous considering a solid third of it is required to have access to all multi-player features.

And here I am all feeling the $60 I pre-ordered with was too much for the launched product. Not enough apparently.
16 Feb 2014, 07:22 AM
Honorary Member Badge

DLC being available in ladder mode and tournaments is the primary reason. Everything else pales in comparison.
16 Feb 2014, 07:45 AM

Whoa, I never saw the line-up like that.

$61.84 for the commanders (getting the $8.99 deal for four of the $2.99 ones to save a few bucks.)
$24.97 for the single player missions
$87.56 for skins (There are forty-six!!, the two $5.49 four packs don't make a dent for savings.)
$7.96 for faceplates. lol faceplates.

$86.81 for in-game content.
$95.52 for cosmetics.

$182.33 in DLC. That's ridiculous considering a solid third of it is required to have access to all multi-player features.

And here I am all feeling the $60 I pre-ordered with was too much for the launched product. Not enough apparently.

This is just sick. Company of DLCs 2 is going to become the most expensive game ever. 182.33$ for DLC....LOL. Relic has lost there mind.
16 Feb 2014, 10:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2014, 07:45 AMAffe

This is just sick. Company of DLCs 2 is going to become the most expensive game ever. 182.33$ for DLC....LOL. Relic has lost there mind.

And we are talking about a niche game that usually doesn't appeal to the casual gamer.

Each day this game is more and more alike to Train Simulator.
16 Feb 2014, 10:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Feb 2014, 01:16 AMNoun
So I'd like to know, why don't you participate in Company of Heroes 2 tournaments?

Ideally keep your answer simple. Short answers.

omg u still dont get it? your game is bs, not worth to be played a single minute.
16 Feb 2014, 10:40 AM
Patrion 14

omg u still dont get it? your game is bs, not worth to be played a single minute.

Don't waste your precious time here then with these utter useless replies. If you want to contribute, at least try to even make your answer constructive. If not, show boobs or gtfo.
16 Feb 2014, 11:08 AM
Benefactor 115

Host DLC free tournaments and Ladder.

People still bitch about DLC and don't play.

Can't really win here :/
16 Feb 2014, 12:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2014, 10:06 AMGreeb

And we are talking about a niche game that usually doesn't appeal to the casual gamer.

Each day this game is more and more alike to Train Simulator.

Casual gamers don t like games where they must spend 182.33$ to get the "full" game. This DLCs mess is turning potentially new Players away from this game right from the start. If i would tell my friends about COH 2 i would tell the truth and told them that the "full" game with all DLCs cost about 200$. My friends would think that i must be crazy to play such a "Milking machine" game.
16 Feb 2014, 16:59 PM

Host DLC free tournaments and Ladder.

People still bitch about DLC and don't play.

Can't really win here :/

Good luck getting people to like the game in this situation.
16 Feb 2014, 17:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2014, 12:44 PMAffe

Casual gamers don t like games where they must spend 182.33$ to get the "full" game. This DLCs mess is turning potentially new Players away from this game right from the start. If i would tell my friends about COH 2 i would tell the truth and told them that the "full" game with all DLCs cost about 200$. My friends would think that i must be crazy to play such a "Milking machine" game.

Well, I am casual gamer and I could not care less that one could sent $183 on stuff you do not really need. Why would I need to buy all skins in order to enjoy/play the game? It is not needed, actually the game even rewards you with free skins/commanders for playing. I think most people (who complain about this) have a problem with having a choice and are not able to make up their mind. Do you really need every DLC commander? Some are great and fun to play and add flavor.
TOW content is fun if you like it. Better getting DLC TOW now then to wait 2 years.
I am not sure what you mean with "full game". How did you determine that what was included in the first place and left out in order to milk us? You can say, I would have liked more for my money, but that does not mean that all the DLC content was ready in June 2013 and just not released. I think for current $20 CoH2 is a great value. It was even on sale for $13 in December. That is right in line with going to the movies, once...alone.

Sure, $183 is a lot of money, but I also do not buy every wine I can put my wine glas either. DLC is not a must, but an offer for those who want to spend the money for more content and customization.
How about the community made maps that are free? In other games you have to have a Premium pass or buy new maps, not so here.

I think we should put this in the right perspective. Saying you must spend $200 to enjoy and play the game, is not the truth.

13 of 14 Relic postsRelic 16 Feb 2014, 18:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2014, 07:22 AMSepha
DLC being available in ladder mode and tournaments is the primary reason. Everything else pales in comparison.

So would you participate in a tournament where only the base commanders were used?

For SNF we locked the Commander options to those already released and then gave the Commanders free to everyone who won in the first round so that everyone had the same options without buying them. That didn't get you to play.
16 Feb 2014, 18:08 PM

This game is turning into Train Simulator.
16 Feb 2014, 18:23 PM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2014, 18:02 PMNoun

So would you participate in a tournament where only the base commanders were used?

For SNF we locked the Commander options to those already released and then gave the Commanders free to everyone who won in the first round so that everyone had the same options without buying them. That didn't get you to play.

Uuuuh... "Your leg has gangrene? Here have this band-aid. I better not here you complain about it anymore."
16 Feb 2014, 18:28 PM

that doesnt justify having broken DLC in a game that absolutely should not
16 Feb 2014, 18:50 PM
Coder Red Badge

This is a good first step, but it raises problems for players who haven't built up a network of other players to practice against (new players, players playing behind a language barrier, etc.). For players like that, automatch is really the only way they can practice. But the fact that DLC commanders are allowed in automatch means automatch isn't really a viable place to practice for a DLC-free tournament, since every game where your opponent uses a DLC commander against you is largely wasted. If I'm practicing for a DLC-free tournament, I don't want to play 10 games in a row against the Tiger Ace, since it means I'm practicing a scenario that will never occur in the tournament I'm about to play.

I think if Relic is willing to recognize that DLC commanders have no place in competitive tournaments, they should be removed from automatch as well, since it is, for most people, the most competitive environment they're ever going to experience.
16 Feb 2014, 18:51 PM
Donator 33

1) How would he know the small details of a tournament, he's stopped playing the game.
2) He said "ladder and tournament".
3) Who cares if he got them for free somewhere in the tournament, he'd never have trained with them before.

Trying to paint Sepha as a hypocrite is like the pot calling the kettle black, only to realize the kettle is so brilliantly polished he's actually looking in a mirror.
16 Feb 2014, 19:54 PM

How about tournament with random commanders for every player? For example there is a pool of commanders for every participant. You can use only one of them in every single match so we can see some interesting results in final.

I think it'd be cool to use variety of commanders in tournaments.
16 Feb 2014, 20:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2014, 19:54 PMrejfor
How about tournament with random commanders for every player? For example there is a pool of commanders for every participant. You can use only one of them in every single match so we can see some interesting results in final.

I think it'd be cool to use variety of commanders in tournaments.

Bad idea.
Why?
You've rolled yourself jeager infantry doctrine and are facing shock rifle. Have fun.
Random choice of commanders is one of the most opposite things to 'competitive'.
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS