Login

russian armor

Why don't you take part in tournaments?

PAGES (12)down
10 Feb 2014, 04:15 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Would love seeing a 2v2 tournament. Strat and units that are generally not use, find a way in teamgames.
10 Feb 2014, 04:23 AM

-no 2v2 tournaments
-too much rng
-new infantry combat is meh(meaning squads getting 1 shot or being able to shoot at each other point blank for 5min without dying, while in negative cover which is just playin bs)
-to a degree balance too
10 Feb 2014, 06:30 AM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2014, 04:01 AMspajn
People need to stop bashing relic and jump off the bandwagon. Complaining about their appearance on SNF is taking it too far, I think they mostly give good information.

That's just like... your opinion maaan.
10 Feb 2014, 08:19 AM
Patrion 14

Noun, how about a tournament that was themed?

For example a tournie where players can only use infantry-heavy commanders, or there are only urban maps (a 'Spirit of Stalingrad' tournament) for example? Show off features of the game that people seldom see, or strategies / synergies that are underused.

Some new maps released for the tournies, specifically designed for fairer play, would also raise interest (so you feature two free 2 v 2 maps when the tournie is released).

My idea -

* A 'themed' tournament for specific ability groups with new maps as an added draw / dimension.

* 'Spirit of Stalingrad' which is infantry / urban combat madness with players limited to perhaps vanilla / community commanders (give away a commander to all participants seems a no-brainer)

* Release a new skin for the tournament. These skins become a kind of badge of honour, like you only earn them for playing in the tourney but get to keep them forever. I like the idea of two years from now fighting in my 'Veteran's 2014 Urban Tourney' camo.

* 'Spirit of Kursk' (or 'spirit of Citadel' of you want to be a pedant) tournie to tie-in with DLC release with prizes where it's tank madness and the opposite of the other tournie theme.

I hope you get my drift.

Edit: when I talk about 'fairer play' with the maps, I mean bespoke tournie maps like Langreskya or Semois, classics designed to stand the test of time. Get the community to design them with a big prize.
10 Feb 2014, 08:41 AM

*Not enough patch support or communication from Relic. Feels like a disinterested dev (years of waiting on CoH1 balance patches doesn't give me much hope)

For the lack of a better word I'd say this line is pure whine.
We've had at least patch per month so far. Only now it does take a bit longer, but that does not mean there is no 'patch support'.
Communication is also top level. Thing is, they don't have much to say atm and they explained why every single time when we knew there will be patch soon, but didn't knew when or what it will contain.

Also, vCoH balancing was slow and to expect frequent patching today is delusional to say the least, DoW2 was much faster then that, CoH2 got amazing patch timing.
12 of 14 Relic postsRelic 10 Feb 2014, 08:56 AM

Beltfed: those are some good ideas.
10 Feb 2014, 10:08 AM
Patrion 14

^ Oh, and Noun there isn't enough CoH2 merch. I want new CoH2 t-shirts and a CoH2 ushanka. And inflatable Russian tommy guns :)
10 Feb 2014, 11:54 AM

i don't participate tournaments mainly beacause of the time needed to prepare for them, even tough i played at semi-pro levels in other games (SC2,dota1) i'm not compelled to play coh2 with the same intensity as i did in other games.
i might not be a valid "bell" as older players might be, but i wanted to say a few words nevertheless. There are mainly two reasons not to play coh2 competitively right now : not appealing game,and ingame flaws.
Regarding the first
-i don't find it actually appealing for e-sports players given the low pool of players and even lowest payout of tourneys(i have seen only one thus far)
-i stopped and resumed playing a few times and very little changed or even improved to a level that new players could be attracted "en masse" into a game that is already a niche one
Regarding flaws
-input lag
-pathing
-a too high variety of player uncotrollable events(squad wipe,mortars shells ,scatter etc) aka RNG
-infantry is just not relevant as it should be compared to tanks
-bugged units
-not customizable ingame hotkeys
-dull gameplay and strategy(?)

well the list is incomplete and i din't take into account balance as i played really little in the last month but i didn't want to bore you more than this and sorry for bad english,feedback is appreciated,even the good one :)

10 Feb 2014, 12:10 PM

Major reaons include:
  • I do not participate in tournaments primarily because of the timezones. Most tournaments are held for American or European timezones and I can not afford to stay up and play in the early hours of the morning (2am-6am). I am located in Australia (GMT +10). My work, social life and well-being will always come first.

Minor reasons include:
  • Maps are imbalanced when played with a faction on a fixed starting locations. The greatest imbalances include North Kharkov any faction, North Langres (Summer/Winter) with Soviets, East Kholodny Soviets (Summer/Winter). Semoisky Summer should not be a tournament map either.
  • Balance issues as touraments are filled with imbalanced play, abuse and must win tactics. Doesn't make for enjoyable games. I basically just get bored and rather play automatch where people play with a bit more creativity.
10 Feb 2014, 13:14 PM

^ Oh, and Noun there isn't enough CoH2 merch. I want new CoH2 t-shirts and a CoH2 ushanka. And inflatable Russian tommy guns :)

How about inflatable Russian female sniper dolls?

Sorry, I could not resist :P.
10 Feb 2014, 13:37 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Now that you mention CoH2 Merchandise, are the concept art posters available anywhere? I've seen a photo of the Ostruppen concept art but it doesn't seem to be on sale.
The (rather superb, imo) art can be found online here http://davidchambersconcepts.blogspot.sg/2013/06/company-of-heroes-2-concept-art.html but only a couple of the units are higher-resolution.
10 Feb 2014, 13:43 PM
Patrion 14

^ Those are great, never seen them before.
10 Feb 2014, 13:53 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Now that you mention CoH2 Merchandise, are the concept art posters available anywhere? I've seen a photo of the Ostruppen concept art but it doesn't seem to be on sale.
The (rather superb, imo) art can be found online here http://davidchambersconcepts.blogspot.sg/2013/06/company-of-heroes-2-concept-art.html but only a couple of the units are higher-resolution.

Hmm looks like the HQ would change appearance on the commander chosen, shame that has been cut :(
10 Feb 2014, 15:27 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

That's what probably was supposed to happen to let players understand which doctrine your opponent picked :o
10 Feb 2014, 15:34 PM
Honorary Member Badge

It also appears that the Soviets had brit-esque trucks for some of their buildings, like the motor pool concept. The fact that only 3 versions of the HQ were conceptualized points to the fact that there might only have been 3 doctrines at an early stage of development (politburo, guards, and shock).
10 Feb 2014, 15:37 PM

- Input lag
- BO1 in the 1st round.
- lack of good 2v2 tournaments
- severe balance issues (Elite Troops for example)

I actually took part in SNF and made it to round 2 in 2 quali tourneys (i only took part in 2) but i really felt like it wasnt fair to go to round 2 with winning just one game.
10 Feb 2014, 15:41 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2014, 02:27 AMNoun

Agreed. The finals came at a point where we had nothing new to say. Quinn took part as a tradition and probably shouldn't have, that was my fault because I pressed him to at the request of the SNF crew.

Peter was only meant to be casting and not talking about the future of the game.

In the future out appearance on community shows will be better thought out so that we have something exciting to talk about rather than just assuming that people will be happy to see us because we're us.

That's hubris.

You know what would help with this game? How about you guys actually show players you're doing something?

You guys KILLED your own forums, what the hell is this vBulletin crap? Do you know how bugged your forums are? Spend the cash on IP Board, make a nice fresh forum that is easy to navigate, your forums look like a goddamn underground pirating site or something

You guys manage to split up everyone. First you guys did this retarded beta volunteering crap which I participated in. It's so hard to actually want to go in it and play because you're cutoff from the original game, and now you guys have yet ANOTHER freaking separate division for those who want to "alpha test" servers!

It's been TWO MONTHS since the last patch, TWO MONTHS!!!!! (no Dec 17th doesnt count) What's the excuse? I don't care if you guys had "holiday" break and SNF, 2 months to patch this game? There should be a patch every 2 weeks, we don't need these "big patches" every 3 - 5 weeks, we want a smaller patch every 2 weeks. You release patches more often, you wanna know what that does? That makes people feel like you guys actually give a sht. No one is doubting you work hard, but you guys sck at showing that to people. Release 2 patches every 4-6 weeks, at least a patch every 3 weeks at the latest, doesn't have to be a huge patch! Alongside this, 2-3 hotfixes in 4-6 weeks, to show that you guys care about the little issues and are DEDICATED to fixing this stuff 2-3 times every month to month and a half.

You guys post here more than you do in your own forums for Christ's sake. You guys abandon your own forums in favor of this one, and rightfully so, your forums are crap now.

You guys are making the most ridiculous commanders. What the hell is this Elite veterancy crap? I played as Germans and Soviets a lot, and I left German's long time ago because of how many things German have over the Soviets.

It took you guys 7 months to give us a lag free experience and even then, you fck it up by making the alpha a separate opt in program in which no one is searching for games because everyone is switching back! I have to choose between p2p which is laggy but you can find a game after searching for 4-5 minutes, alpha which is lag free but no one matchmaking, or beta to feel like Im making the game better, but am wasting time just trying to find a game. You guys split this game into 3, and it's so stupid I can't wrap my head around this.

I'm so sick of devs driving franchises into the ground. I'm not a game dev, but I use common sense, release patches often, it makes people feel like hey the devs are real good on this patching stuff, they release patches quickly, this shows how well they respond to feedback and how dedicated they are to giving us a better gaming experience, not oh we'll just um wait till SNF fights finish to fix the game for everyone, k tks.

You guys are terrible at interacting with your community, tournaments are not what make a community, tournaments are a small portion of your fan base, I never registered in a tournament cause I didn't even know what the hell SNF was for a while, and I don't want to register for many of the reasons listed in this thread.

You guys are dividing and alienating your own users. Keep arguing how much those beta testers of your are improving the game, guess what, WE DONT SEE THAT, we are sitting here waiting for the next damn patch, TWO MONTHS is UNACCEPTABLE, I don't care if your damn studio burned down.

I've spent well over $200 on this game for my girlfriend and I, and I have well over 1000+ hrs into it, I think 1200+ by now. I still play this game daily and I have been playing ToW and campaign more since no one can find a game on servers and I REFUSE to switch back to your p2p bs. The ToW and campaign BOTH crash on MULTIPLE different missions (campaign crashes on 9, ToW crashes on select missions) so I am UNABLE to play your ToW or campaign. I've bought all your commanders, bought extras like faceplates and camos, I'm trying to be an understanding player and I know patches take time and money and lots of hard work, but you guys really need to learn how to show the community you care.

Get new forum software, your forums make me sick. Stop posting here so much, post in your OWN damn forums, THEN come here and post. Stop splitting everyone up, you should have put everyone on the servers instead of splitting people up. Release patches often. Stop with this German elite crap, don't make these ridiculous pay 2 win commanders, and get these servers rolled out for everyone ASAP, I don't care if the patch drops today or this week, it's already WAY TOO LATE, completely UNACCEPTABLE.
10 Feb 2014, 15:44 PM
Patrion 14

Please calm down man, this is not helping anybody.
10 Feb 2014, 15:54 PM
Donator 11

Patches more often just to show their are trying is no use, it takes a lot of work to QA patches so it wont create new bugs etc... i dont mind its taking them 2 months to release a patch.. if its actually 2 months worth of work in that patch.

Biggest reason imo coh2.org is the main forum is every thread gets locked on their official forum so you dont even bother starting any discussion because its gonna be locked anyway.
10 Feb 2014, 16:01 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2014, 15:41 PMMycelus
RANT RANT

i just wanted to ask if you have seen there new website?
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS