Login

russian armor

Why don't you take part in tournaments?

PAGES (12)down
10 Feb 2014, 16:14 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2014, 16:01 PMWiFiDi

i just wanted to ask if you have seen there new website?

It's "their" new website.

I'm not talking about the website. I'm talking about their forums.
10 Feb 2014, 16:20 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2014, 16:14 PMMycelus

It's "their" new website.

I'm not talking about the website. I'm talking about their forums.

are you referring to the beta forums (sega controlled) or companyheros.com forums

cause from what i can tell there offical site looks alot better nad actually functions pretty well.
10 Feb 2014, 16:26 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2014, 16:20 PMWiFiDi

are you referring to the beta forums (sega controlled) or companyheros.com forums

cause from what i can tell there offical site looks alot better nad actually functions pretty well.

The official Company of Heroes forums are awful, horrible vBulletin software, awful color scheme, bugged up, very few posts compared to what their first forums had in terms of how many new / active posts you see in General Discussion.

I don't care for Sega.
10 Feb 2014, 16:34 PM
Patrion 14

And what do you honestly attempt to achieve by posting things like that?
10 Feb 2014, 16:40 PM

For me it basically comes down to skill. Having all those great streams to watch and learn from, you quickly realize how little of a chance you'd actually have in an official tourney.

And seeing how many of the top players are old CoH1 heroes it feels like they are simply light years ahead.

What would make me sign up for a tournament?

If there was a tournament more suited for my skill-level I'd consider it.
Prizes are not interesting actually.

My ideal tournament which i'd like to see, and participate in would;
Be a single or two day event.
Mid-skill (100-500?)
A dedicated team of streamers/commentators that can go through the highlights/upsets/strats etc. Just like with any other sports event. And not only entire three-game series.

And of course, being able to observe the games live as they are being played would make ALL tourneys much much more fun in every way.
10 Feb 2014, 18:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2014, 15:54 PMspajn
i dont mind its taking them 2 months to release a patch.. if its actually 2 months worth of work in that patch.

Me neither, but the issue is that these 2 months of work usually are used to make more DLC crap that nobody wants, and if they have spare time, fix one of the things that should had been working since release.

And seeing how many of the top players are old CoH1 heroes it feels like they are simply light years ahead.

They aren't. Most good CoH1 players repudiate this game.
10 Feb 2014, 18:38 PM
Patrion 14

^ Dude I feel your pain but every post you make is identical.
10 Feb 2014, 18:48 PM

^ Dude I feel your pain but every post you make is identical.

Well, try to thing about what will be the big surprise of the incoming patch.
No lag, maybe?

And the former big announcements like: custom maps, chat ingame, recycled CoH1 maps...

I wonder that some of you really doesn't feel cheated when all the big novelties are just things that always should have been there or that they were in CoH1. Besides, they are mixed with P2W things that only kills all the fun this game could have.

Meanwhile, the changes that all the community was asking for since day 1 are still unseen.
10 Feb 2014, 19:03 PM
Patrion 27

^ Oh, and Noun there isn't enough CoH2 merch. I want new CoH2 t-shirts and a CoH2 ushanka. And inflatable Russian tommy guns :)

No joke I have looked online for the cool COH2 shirts that the Relic staff wears to no avail. Help us help you advertise!
10 Feb 2014, 19:05 PM
Patrion 14

Well repeating the same "i feel like i got screwed over" over and over wont change the current situation much will it?
10 Feb 2014, 19:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2014, 19:05 PMLe Wish
Well repeating the same "i feel like i got screwed over" over and over wont change the current situation much will it?

Well, people interested in the game could see this and other forums and probably rethink his purchase if he reads all these negative opinions about the game.

It's bad advertising for Relic, and thus, a powerful tool for the community to make developers do the things the players really want.

Had I read things like these on this thread, I wouldn't probably have bought the game myself.
10 Feb 2014, 20:42 PM

I live in LA and signed up for a few tourneys. Missed them because some started during the week when I had work and the others because they ended up being at 7am on a sat morning. I wake up for work at 445am so i want to sleep in a little.
10 Feb 2014, 20:59 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2014, 19:05 PMLe Wish

I'm a positive poster here, easily 60/40 per cent of my posts are optimistic. Which for here makes me a fanboi I think.

As for the CE of this game... I was screwed over.
10 Feb 2014, 21:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2014, 18:37 PMGreeb

They aren't. Most good CoH1 players repudiate this game.

So I can beat Inverse in CoH2?!!? COOOOL!
10 Feb 2014, 21:35 PM

CoH2 is not capable of creating reliably competitive matchups to make a tournament worthwhile.

It is too hard to establish a decent game without crippling input lag or to find an opponent not halfway across the planet. Coordinating a fair and balanced game is a challenge.

Uninspired map designs characteristic of an alpha demo, broken and bloated DLC commander model, and gameplay based heavily upon RNG rolls rather than tactics and strategy also contribute to my decision to not bother with CoH2 tournaments.
14 Feb 2014, 00:18 AM

This game will never be taken seriously with regard to tournaments and competitive play as long as CoH2 is seen as a Pay2Win game. Right now, during the big 50% off sale on the Steam store, CoH2's most popular user tags are "Pay 2 Win" and "DLC whoring".

Whether this is true or not, the fact remains that players believe this game is Pay 2 Win and it is not going to end until Relic changes their attitudes toward DLC. I hate to say it, but Relic kinda got what they deserve here.
14 Feb 2014, 01:46 AM

btw... if you search the steam store for "pay 2 win" or "dlc whoring"... both times coh2 is the first hit O_o
14 Feb 2014, 07:24 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2014, 01:46 AMcr4wler
btw... if you search the steam store for "pay 2 win" or "dlc whoring"... both times coh2 is the first hit O_o

when the dlc is 10x the cost of the game are you really shocked...
14 Feb 2014, 19:52 PM

Bring out an expansion pack with two new, different armies. Yugoslavia and Finland for example.

EDIT: Empire and Rebels. Man that would be awesome :D
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight