Login

russian armor

Cruzz's thread of crappy game changes

26 Jan 2014, 03:45 AM

Whenever I play cruzz this always happens. I approve this message and fully endorse it, I hope Relic sees this thread one day and considers every last word of intelligence cruzz has posted here.

P.S. Please remove Winter Langres from 1v1 <444>3
26 Jan 2014, 03:53 AM

Take my +1.
26 Jan 2014, 04:22 AM

I say do what they did in VCOH and replace the Tiger Ace with a Tiger II.
26 Jan 2014, 04:25 AM

Cruzz, what do you think about conscripts charging a MG42 front on and getting of a molotov, forcing the MG to retreat due to flamecrits

what should be done about that?
26 Jan 2014, 08:42 AM

Cruzz, what do you think about conscripts charging a MG42 front on and getting of a molotov, forcing the MG to retreat due to flamecrits

what should be done about that?

I don't know if anything should be done about it. You should reposition the MGs when they're about to get molotoved, not retreat them. If that isn't an option for you, then you clearly had them way overextended to begin with. Doing something about it could easily lead back to the MG42 spam days of old which certainly aren't something to aim for.

I think MG42s are in a pretty good position right now. They have very good vet bonuses, a great vet1 ability and are pretty effective at keeping stuff in their firing cone from not coming straight at you when there's not smoke around. Only fix I'd like to see to them really is the insane delay when the gunner dies and the new one comes to take his place...and then takes a fucking smoke before starting to fire again. What's up with that.
26 Jan 2014, 09:30 AM

I dunno, I kinda feel like if Conscripts can force-retreat an MG, Grens should be able to do the same. Even AG's Assault Grenades won't decrew a Maxim, and they'll just get pinned and have to retreat.
26 Jan 2014, 11:13 AM

I'd actually think that the Soviet Sniper shouldn't get sprint, and I play Soviets primarily. Instead, make the flare their vet 1 ability and decrease the cost for the flare or remove some downsides to it.

The big strafe attacks I think could be made to be a more active player ability, which means they can also miss. Reducing their ridiculous bipolar effectiveness will also help.

New strafe mechanics would work like this. Clicking the ability calls in a plane that attacks the area you designate with only a small amount of tracking. Then the plane loiters around the first target area for a limited amount of time. The ability itself refreshes on a short cooldown until you can set another place to attack, after which it will go there to attack and loiter there. You can keep calling in attacks until the plane leaves on its own. The number of attacks you can call in would be around 3-4 if you are really active about calling in the plane as soon as the cooldown is available. However, because a good new target isn't always available, or you're busy microing in another area, you can miss out on optimal attacks.

So strafes are no longer a fire and forget way to annihilate your army, it becomes an active and powerful ability to have multiple strikes on call, but also able to miss with it or fail to use it optimally. Also, because the planes loiter around where it was last called in, it's easier to get an AA unit there if it gets called on the opponent's side of the map.
26 Jan 2014, 14:49 PM

+1 good suggestions cruzz
26 Jan 2014, 16:57 PM

I agree with everything but the partisans. Spawning anywhere is thebonly goodbthing about them. Yiu are guaranteed to lose 120 MP each time you spawn them because maintaining them takes an act if the RNG gods.

Building mine fields behind enemy lines is kinda what makes them good. That and flanking the good ole massive weapon team spam of turtles. So if they removed that i would want arty in the doctrine. Way too many geeman turtles in mid levwl 2v2....
26 Jan 2014, 17:43 PM

26 Jan 2014, 18:05 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

You have my axe! And my vote.
27 Jan 2014, 03:39 AM

I agree, but i would also love to see crits in general being removed, the less rng the better imo. But that's a whole nother story.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight