Login

russian armor

The tiger ace syndrome

7 Feb 2014, 22:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2014, 16:25 PMwooof

units dont recieve a set amount of stars. the ability gives a fixed amount of xp, so the amount of vet is then based on the cost of the unit. grens get vet 3 in 1 use. pgrens only get vet 2. panthers require 2 uses to get vet 1. ive really never felt vet units are a problem. youre investing heavily into a single unit. this reduces the number of tanks you can have on the field and also delays teching. the only thing i find annoying is vet 3 mortars early on, but its nothing you cant handle.

also, i dont see the point in discussing commanders that havent been announced. one, you have no idea when/if theyll show up and two, you have no idea how they function. just seems like itll get people worked up, potentially over nothing.

Bullshit.
Invest in a single unit
Beat other in early game - get fuelpoints
Invest more in early game - defend fuelpoints
Get out tank - deny fuel to enemy.

Your argument is invalid sir.
7 Feb 2014, 22:14 PM

We expect games to be supported long-term and want new content. Then we bitch when we have to pay for it. People get, literally, thousands of hours of play from CoH1/2. Compare bang for buck with a movie.

OTOH I dislike some of the DLC too, but I sympathise with the need to keep a game generating revenue. It's a fact of life in the industry right now.

People seem to want to pay their sixty bucks and have ten years of stable, consistent online play, patched and balanced.

Really?

+1, I'm also for paying, but not paying for better commanders.
Supporting is ok untill they start to use your money to make more moneymakers (Elite, ...)
8 Feb 2014, 01:03 AM

Bullshit.
Invest in a single unit
Beat other in early game - get fuelpoints
Invest more in early game - defend fuelpoints
Get out tank - deny fuel to enemy.

Your argument is invalid sir.

Wow it' the 4 step program to winning every game ever, nomatter what factors come into play! Let me try! let me try!

1. Maxim Conscript spam, instant-pin enemies, acquire map control
2. Shock Troops, retreat entire enemy army
3. KV8 squad instagib tank, kill quarter of retreating enemy army
4. SU-85, destroy armour sent to kill KV8 and Shocks
8 Feb 2014, 01:29 AM

I'd switch step 4 with 3 with some small edits. You're always bound to pump out su85s before kv8s ;).
8 Feb 2014, 02:21 AM

Wow it' the 4 step program to winning every game ever, nomatter what factors come into play! Let me try! let me try!

1. Maxim Conscript spam, instant-pin enemies, acquire map control
2. Shock Troops, retreat entire enemy army
3. KV8 squad instagib tank, kill quarter of retreating enemy army
4. SU-85, destroy armour sent to kill KV8 and Shocks

Best post EVER xDDDD
8 Feb 2014, 02:26 AM

Best post EVER xDDDD

It's fun, you should try it, you don't need to base anything in reality, just lay out 4 steps to victory without accounting for the enemy actually fighting you.
8 Feb 2014, 04:11 AM

Every damn game I've played recently has had a Tiger Ace. Biggest piece of OP trash in the game. Interesting and close games are turned into rubbish as it just takes apart everything. It's even more sickening that often my team has won the early - mid game and then the Germans roll up with this Tiger Ace and squash us. Tiger Ace just needs to be removed or at the least the doctrine broken up. It's ridiculous how not only do they get TAs but they also get G43 and instant vet. Just utter rubbish.
8 Feb 2014, 13:42 PM

Permanently Banned
But tiger ace is in much late game...

Half of that games you win without tiger ace...

But the crazy Soviet spam is early middle late (but late dont work) game...

8 Feb 2014, 14:04 PM

It's a drug. Both me and Siberian have been cuddling while injecting it into our arms. Its powerful. Don't try it guys!

Ive started to get rashes on my arms when i have been gone from my Ace for too long.
8 Feb 2014, 17:58 PM

This is why you use IS-2/ISU doctrines folks...
8 Feb 2014, 18:07 PM

IS-2/ISU will do nothing against the Tiger Ace. Best option is to go SU-85s/Guards/Mines.
9 Feb 2014, 11:56 AM

Now, tell me, it's such a strong Tiger or T-34-85 so bad?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUU5OAt27HY#t=153
Neo
10 Feb 2014, 04:21 AM

IS-2/ISU will do nothing against the Tiger Ace. Best option is to go SU-85s/Guards/Mines.

There is a commander that has guards and ISU. 2 T34s for flankram, 1/2ISUs and lots of mines works a treat. That commander also comes with Mark Target so it's really tailor-made for Tiger killing :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★