Login

russian armor

Capturing and recrewing a Tiger Ace?

21 Dec 2013, 04:01 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Has this been done yet?
21 Dec 2013, 04:22 AM

Well it has to die first and that's rare. God I hope it does happen i would die laughing...
21 Dec 2013, 04:51 AM

my guess is the guy would quit once it died. certainly once it was recrewed.
21 Dec 2013, 06:41 AM

adlkfhalkjfaslkjdfa;fdadf
21 Dec 2013, 06:47 AM

its impossible for them to be abandoned. the abandon crit isnt in their file. same with opels.
21 Dec 2013, 16:40 PM
Honorary Member Badge

And reality ensues

Thank you
21 Dec 2013, 18:14 PM

Even if it was abandoned, the crew that make it an Ace are dead... Without them it should just be a normal tiger.
21 Dec 2013, 18:20 PM

You still have the special paint job.
22 Dec 2013, 02:28 AM

Even if it was abandoned, the crew that make it an Ace are dead... Without them it should just be a normal tiger.

Damn is it crewed by wizards? What about the crew make the hps doubled or the gun do more damage? Lol
22 Dec 2013, 05:16 AM

Damn is it crewed by wizards? What about the crew make the hps doubled or the gun do more damage? Lol

Their unwavering faith in their Fatherland makes it so, didn't you know?
22 Dec 2013, 09:45 AM

A thing called combat experience. You might want to read up on it. Veteran Tiger Ace groups were feared in the war for a reason. These guys could hit an enemy tank from 1000m+ while on the move.
raw
22 Dec 2013, 13:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2013, 09:45 AMardenx

A thing called combat experience. You might want to read up on it. Veteran Tiger Ace groups were feared in the war for a reason. These guys could hit an enemy tank from 1000m+ while on the move.

They wouldn't make their Tiger magically invulnerable to enemy fire though.
22 Dec 2013, 15:27 PM

Those effects in game can be accounted for by increased combat effectivness.

i.e. Does more damage because they aim their gun at more critical locations causing more damage.

Increasing the HP can be aruged by saying they are more experienced in manouvering and positioning, which means they always keep their Tiger in more advantageous positions, decreasing the effeectivness of incoming enemy fire.

At the end of the day, it does not matter, its just a game and a different unit. For fluff, its the same tiger as any other, with a special vet crew.
22 Dec 2013, 16:47 PM

It's a general flaw in the game IMO that veterancy gives extra defense.

I can understand why it may boost precision or firerate or other offensive paprameters, but giving a tank thicker armour makes no sense.
22 Dec 2013, 20:27 PM

I can understand why it may boost precision or firerate or other offensive paprameters, but giving a tank thicker armour makes no sense.

Possible reason: putting more armor on is expensive so they only want to give it to those who have proven themselves and are going to use it effectively.

Whether or not it's historically accurate doesn't matter. It's a game. Deal with it.
22 Dec 2013, 21:06 PM

If you wanted the game to be realistic, you'd need to have the Tiger to destroy every T-34 in one hit (in a range of 2km), whereas the T-34 could not penetrate the Tiger's armor until it was in 200m range with a shot into it's side. Just remember, Hitler insisted to have a flak on top of a tank, and the Tiger was a try on that. In fact, the recoil was so brutal, that the crew got told not to fire the gun when the muzzle brake was damaged.

On topic,
I don't think Tiger Aces should be able to be recapped at all.
First, a Tiger Ace is a Tiger Ace because of it's crew, as someone already pointed out.
Second, if you wanted it to be realistic, the crew got told to destroy the Tiger when they leave it, since it was a super weapon, hence it should not fall into enemies hands. Otherwise they would have gotten intel, and they did because some crews failed to issue the order.
22 Dec 2013, 21:20 PM

Being one with a machine can enhance its strength and minimize its weaknesses. Veterancy is sort of a representation of crews knowing how to position their tank for least exposure, being able to identify threats more easily, and being able to deal with threats more efficiently . All of that is harder to represent on a micro level, so the default is just making it A: kill quicker and b: harder to kill.
22 Dec 2013, 22:13 PM
Donator 33

Soviet needs a "Wololooo" commander to counter teh Yolo-Tiger.
23 Dec 2013, 11:57 AM

In the case of the Panzer IV and StuG it actually makes sense. I always imagined the vet0, vet1 Panzer IV and StuG to be the F version (50mm armor) of the vehicles as they get penetrated by T-34/76s. The vet2 and vet3 Panzer IV and StuG are then the G version for the StuG and the H version for the Panzer IV with 80mm frontal armor and skirts.
24 Dec 2013, 00:47 AM
Honorary Member Badge

vet 6 tiger ace ftw. :D ah well to bad it can't be recrewed that would have been a hilarious bug.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 28
Peru 3
Germany 2
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %