Login

russian armor

Anyone using Partisans?

30 Nov 2013, 20:55 PM

Hey all,

Anyone been using these guys lateley? I've started using them but they're really fragile. Maybe a T2 strat with these guys instead of conscripts?
30 Nov 2013, 21:59 PM

These guys can actually be really handy. Especially the tank hunters. Whenever a tank gets away on just a bit of health, call them on out of a building and PTRD/Schreck/AT nade it to finish it. They are less than 200mp to get too.
1 Dec 2013, 00:19 AM

Yeah i been trying them out aswell. I found them usefull for decapping and laying mins behined enermy lines aswell
1 Dec 2013, 01:05 AM
Benefactor 360

These guys can actually be really handy. Especially the tank hunters. Whenever a tank gets away on just a bit of health, call them on out of a building and PTRD/Schreck/AT nade it to finish it. They are less than 200mp to get too.

Tanks hunters are 260 manpower AFAIK.
1 Dec 2013, 05:42 AM

Whoops I may have mixed my partisan's costs up. Sorry if that's the case.

Edit: 240 mp for Tank Hunters
1 Dec 2013, 11:37 AM

conscripts are good in early game, in late they are useless, even if they are vet 3 and upgraded with armor they still suck, they can';t match vetted grens with LMG for example so partisants are best to decap enemy points enemy points and tank hunter partisants are best to call them when enemy tank/vehicle have low HP and it retreated a bit, then you call them from building and you kill it
8 Dec 2013, 14:57 PM

Do you have any videos or replays of this commander in action? I wanna buy it, but im not sure if he is any good.
8 Dec 2013, 17:54 PM

Do you have any videos or replays of this commander in action? I wanna buy it, but im not sure if he is any good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjIACEqUbTg
9 Dec 2013, 01:49 AM

Yea, it's a fun commander. Pretty useful. The way I see it there are some highs and lows;

+ Mark Target. So damn good. Means your T34s can actually trade blows with a P4
+ Partisans can instantly react to rogue pioneers or support weapons. Support weapons near houses need to be careful
+ Partisan tank hunters can stop enemy vehicles from limping away. I've even had unwary opponents lose scout cars by simply putting them in a corner of the map while they payed attention to an ongoing fight somewhere else. Two shots later , kaput vehicle.
+ Partisan surveillance. Again, so damn good. Amazing even. Shows you every enemy on the mini map. I've stopped a few surprise attacks this way, as well as caught some unsupported Paks. I've actually won a few games after surveillance revealed how bad off my opponents were which lead to me playing much more aggressively than I normally would. Which leads me to.....

- Partisans are weak. Really weak. They need cover or a building to stick in any protracted fight. Grenades instant kill entire squads. They often die on retreat. Even vetted up they literally melt away.
- Partsians drop GOOD weapons right in front of Germans often. They do it a lot. Shrecks....LMGS. Instantly turns their killers into badasses. I face palm everytime it happens.
- The entire commander is munitions heavy. Plan accordingly.
- Has no hard counter for elite troops. PzGrens and Assgrens roflstomp you.

Would love to hear others opinions.
11 Dec 2013, 11:27 AM
Patrion 27

One thing is irking me about them. When you call them in from a building they spawn, then step outside of the building. I would really like it if they spawned in the building and stayed in there since you can micro units out so fast.
16 Dec 2013, 04:35 AM

I've been using this commander a lot recently, in our team I find that the abilities very handy.

#1 is the map view. As sighted in the comment above, that move can change the way you think and position all troops.
#2 in my team I play with two tank heavy attackers, so utilizing this ability not only opens up a wider field of visions for KV-2, but also nerfs out on coming tanks.

The partisan troops must either be coupled with a small squad of penals or perhaps even a sniper and a troop truck for speed and replenishing lost troops... the troops are not main inf, this is a spy spec and those troops must be treated as such. Run through side forrests, not right through the heart of battle.
16 Dec 2013, 08:18 AM

Bought this recently, but not had chance to try it fully yet.

You need to use them with main force of cons, because u need AT nade and Molotov. Also cheaper price helps with needing to pay for partisans on top.

I would never start the game intending to use them, rather have them as an option and if a really good opportunity arrises, pop them. Otherwise go with a stronger commander.

I'm not sure about using them with T3? Even with mark target, T34s have a hard time against paks and tigers or panthers. I would be inclined to use them with SU85 so you have real AT, and tank hunters that manage to retreat after infiltrating duties can protect SU85s from flank.

Also if you spawn a squad to deal with a vehicle behind enemy lines, but have real reason to think it will not survive the retreat, perhaps just leave it in the building to avoid dropping a weapon.. Just an idea though.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 93
Germany 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak