Login

russian armor

whats the reason

25 Mar 2024, 12:16 PM

The battlefield-UI or how you wanna call it in CoH3 is one of the worst I have ever seen, a bunch of symbols floating above units, making the screen cluttered and 0 explanation as to what these buffs do

but the coh1 system worked perfectly. and that was 18 years ago.

why did they change it?
25 Mar 2024, 13:09 PM

but the coh1 system worked perfectly.

tbf coh3 has a lot of buffs/status effects that didn't exist in coh1.

There was no
- increased sight range
- increased dps while in cover
- increased capture speed

in coh1 just to name a few
25 Mar 2024, 19:03 PM

tbf coh3 has a lot of buffs/status effects that didn't exist in coh1.

There was no
- increased sight range
- increased dps while in cover
- increased capture speed

in coh1 just to name a few

then what about the coh2 system? they had all these too and it worked
25 Mar 2024, 20:21 PM

but the coh1 system worked perfectly. and that was 18 years ago.

why did they change it?

Pretty sure COH1 had no indicator for 57 buffs PE units had through upgrades and vet.
25 Mar 2024, 21:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2024, 20:21 PMKatitof

Pretty sure COH1 had no indicator for 57 buffs PE units had through upgrades and vet.

And still it worked
27 Mar 2024, 20:18 PM

And still it worked

So basically you don't care that much about information, you just want it to look nice, even at the cost of game knowledge? I think you could probably make a mod that just straight up turns buff icons transparent if that's what you want. Lol.
27 Mar 2024, 20:22 PM

On a more serious note, they really should tinker with the icons so that what they're representing is a bit more obvious. Also, I think it might make sense for there to be a "simple" and "normal" mode for unit buff icons that you could toggle by holding shift or ctrl or something.

I.E. in simple mode there are 3 icons. One for attack, one for defense, one for utility.

Hold shift and then you can see all of them.

Just my idea.
27 Mar 2024, 23:05 PM

And still it worked

What exactly do you mean by "worked"?
Casuals new Zeal existed and did something.
You had to go ask modders or look at another sites to find out what it actually did and how it functioned, nowhere it explained or hinted at it working on model basis, not squad basis and being in effect within a single squad.

It was stupid, it did not worked, it was extremely unclear and you had to go to external sources to understand what it did.

And that stupidity of lack of any kind of indicators and descriptions continues through DoW2 and CoH2.

Nothing was clear, you wrestled with UI that refused to show you what you wanted to know and you think "it still worked"?
28 Mar 2024, 02:33 AM

"It worked"

*thanks to fan-made sites that actually explained everything and did Relic's job for them
31 Mar 2024, 06:18 AM

The battlefield-UI or how you wanna call it in CoH3 is one of the worst I have ever seen, a bunch of symbols floating above units, making the screen cluttered and 0 explanation as to what these buffs do

This is the primary reason why I refuse to play Coh3 or watch any one stream the game.
9 Apr 2024, 15:41 PM

This is the primary reason why I refuse to play Coh3 or watch any one stream the game.

Don't forget the Coh 2 placeholders are still in the game. Relic could have fixed within a day yet they refused to do so.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompanyOfHeroes/comments/11rfvqr/it_took_me_less_than_an_hour_to_make_these_you/

Instead they copy pasted SP units into new Battlegroups and added generic "ability ready voice lines", added some basic features like surrender, coh1/2 maps and named it a "major update".

Whats even funnier is that clowns decided to started asking for positive reviews KEKW

Like cmon after the DOW fiasco and seeing this I am happy to see them going down.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★