Login

russian armor

Flak truck needs a nerf

21 Jan 2024, 21:58 PM

Really not much to talk about other then this thing basically kills light armor and can suppress units behind cover as well as on the move.
22 Jan 2024, 08:06 AM

Given how the unit is the lynchpin of the whole tier, I wouldn't count on it being touched a lot.
22 Jan 2024, 17:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2024, 08:06 AMKatitof
Given how the unit is the lynchpin of the whole tier, I wouldn't count on it being touched a lot.

They could simply twink the super buff they gave the unit that didn't really needed it. Remember that unit was what made DAK playable even when the rest of the faction was trash.

Flakvierling Half-track

The Flakvierling Half-track is having its effectiveness increased to better reflect its timing and role as a low durability, but high firepower unit.

Accuracy increased from 40% / 35% / 30% to 44% / 42% / 36%

Angle scatter reduced from 8 to 3

Burst duration increased from 1.75/2.5 to 3.5/4 seconds

Weapon cooldown reduced 2/2.5 to 1.5 seconds

Weapon long-range cooldown multiplier increased by 50%
22 Jan 2024, 18:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2024, 08:06 AMKatitof

That's exactly the reason this is a problem. DAK is poorly designed and relies on crutch units

If the FV isnt carrying them then its L640 spam

Partially or full reverting the absurd acceleration changes for all vehicles is a good starting point, but individually the FV still needs some adjustments too. And then some reworks/buffs to the faction
24 Jan 2024, 13:57 PM

Yeah no FlakTrack dont need nerf its called an at gun supporting your infantry very simple 2 shots and its dead and who makes less than two at guns these days,

Dak barely has anything that is truly viable and this unit at the very least gives them a little staying power on the map ... if barely....
24 Jan 2024, 15:39 PM

Dak barely has anything that is truly viable and this unit at the very least gives them a little staying power on the map ... if barely....

Well they lead in winrates in literally every mode so clearly they aren't that bad...

You realize you can buff other stuff when you nerf things, right? The FV is an absurd unit
24 Jan 2024, 15:47 PM

Well they lead in winrates in literally every mode so clearly they aren't that bad...

You realize you can buff other stuff when you nerf things, right? The FV is an absurd unit

There is so few players playing that data is useless
24 Jan 2024, 16:09 PM

There is so few players playing

Hmm cant imagine whats causing that

that data is useless

Its still significantly more useful than people's personal opinions

And the data since last patch is 77,000+ games for 1v1. Thats definitely not useless

Combine that with the last major patch buffing the accel of every vehicle in the game, its maybe possible that the faction relying on vehicles the most might of benefitted...
24 Jan 2024, 18:16 PM

And if you will check the margins, you will see that this is not 60 to 40%, like it ended up in CoH2 patch to patch regularly.

Game literally was never more balanced, 52% sure is highest win rate, but it does not mean there is anything OP responsible for it.
24 Jan 2024, 18:34 PM

Hmm cant imagine whats causing that

Its still significantly more useful than people's personal opinions

And the data since last patch is 77,000+ games for 1v1. Thats definitely not useless

Combine that with the last major patch buffing the accel of every vehicle in the game, its maybe possible that the faction relying on vehicles the most might of benefitted...

You mean usf and chaffee? yeah, those accelerations changes made that unit so much powerful man
24 Jan 2024, 19:51 PM

You mean usf and chaffee? yeah, those accelerations changes made that unit so much powerful man

Nice try, but i actually sort of agree. Although Greyhound is way more OP than the chafee imo

DAK clearly needs vehicles more than US tho. Stop it
24 Jan 2024, 19:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2024, 18:16 PMKatitof

Game literally was never more balanced, 52% sure is highest win rate, but it does not mean there is anything OP responsible for it.

Dude did you actually read what you quoted? I brought up win rates in response to someone saying DAK was terrible. Didn't say it meant anything was specifically OP, of course it doesn't...

And for the record, i also think DAK would be terrible if you nerfed the crutch units. Hence the second part of my post you also didn't read, you can buff other stuff. It's just a bad faction

FV is everything ppl hated about the original iteration of USF AAHT in coh2. Decent damage, and can suppress well on the move, and it soft counters multiple lights
24 Jan 2024, 20:30 PM

Dude did you actually read what you quoted? I brought up win rates in response to someone saying DAK was terrible. Didn't say it meant anything was specifically OP, of course it doesn't...

And for the record, i also think DAK would be terrible if you nerfed the crutch units. Hence the second part of my post you also didn't read, you can buff other stuff. It's just a bad faction

FV is everything ppl hated about the original iteration of USF AAHT in coh2. Decent damage, and can suppress well on the move, and it soft counters multiple lights

Eh, I'm tired, might've missed some context.
24 Jan 2024, 21:12 PM

Biggest problem with all nerfs or buffs for DAK is the big difference between USF and UKF

While a simple flameht can be strong against USF and force USF to build t2 for bazooka or spend the ressources for nadeupgrade as soon as possible ...

UKF just chill with tea because boysat rifles will always be ready at the same time where the pio gets his flameupgrade. DAK just wasted early in the game manpower for a unit, which he need to keep on distance at any time and if not - its gone in 2 shots. First shot on long range = 50% hp less and if he try to get close for flamer, he will lose the halftrack 100%.

The general problem for DAK - the design is about a early-mid game faction with support of many light vehicles.
Fighting with just inf will bleed the DAK players manpower balance and will hurt in multible aspects. All other faction have the option to get manpower reductions in one way or a other ( upgrades - battlegroup abilitys ) and have in general cheaper infantry.

A 100% static fight in cheat mod with UFK IS behind green cover on long range vs pzgren in green cover results in a devastating win for the UFK with keeping all 5 models and 60% hp. 300 mp pzgrens stand no chance against 260 mp IS on long range. Even if kar98 would suggest something else, it is better in close combat. So testing maybe pzgren vs 220 UFK pios?
Yep - same result. All 4 models still stand with nearly 50% hp while 300 mp pzgren had no chance in close combat behind green cover. It is just a static fight under perfect conditions. But in general, DAK just bleed manpower in general. You can go closer with pzgrens against IS but while getting close without cover you lose HP and there will be pios nearby or mg, which you need to avoid because you need to tech for nades and flameht vs mg doesnt work against brit because of the point above.
I made screenshots but dont see where to upload here.

So since release, DAK always tryed to reach fast as possible for a unit like flakht or 8rad to gaining the upper hand in the battle against infantry or keep up with it.

Only problem with that is, at this time in a 4on4, UKF will already have at least 3 boysat rifles.

To test it a bit more hardcore, i just made 2 boysat squads on autoattack move against a flakht on autoattack move. First shot on long range sets the flakht on 50% hp - they get pinned, still get the 2. shot out and the flakht is dead. ( both squads close together so they got suppressed both at the same time, which isnt realistically for a real match because a flakht can never suppress the squads fast enough if they are a bit split.
Staying on distance works fine vs bazookas but boysat rifles have a really got range. There is only a very close line between risking your flakht against boysat rifles or finally pinning enough to force a retreat.

If the flakht goes down, at this point you just chill and have basically won your part of the map - centaur call in will be ready soon and boysat deals with anything what a "light vehicle" faction can bring. And because your units do fine without costing that much - you can easly affort still more than the low effort buildorder of boysat + centaur.

To solve flakht - you need to solve the whole faction design.
flakht is without a doubt good and in good hands it can be a pain in the ass. But you walk all the time on a very thin beam if it is against UFK. Any mistake and your vehicle is gone. You can invest even more manpower into upgrades - smoke, more hp etc. and still ... 3 - 4 boysat squads at the wrong time and your vehicles are gone before you can even think about smoke.
25 Jan 2024, 03:12 AM

Biggest problem with all nerfs or buffs for DAK is the big difference between USF and UKF

While a simple flameht can be strong against USF and force USF to build t2 for bazooka or spend the ressources for nadeupgrade as soon as possible ...

UKF just chill with tea because boysat rifles will always be ready at the same time where the pio gets his flameupgrade. DAK just wasted early in the game manpower for a unit, which he need to keep on distance at any time and if not - its gone in 2 shots. First shot on long range = 50% hp less and if he try to get close for flamer, he will lose the halftrack 100%.

The general problem for DAK - the design is about a early-mid game faction with support of many light vehicles.
Fighting with just inf will bleed the DAK players manpower balance and will hurt in multible aspects. All other faction have the option to get manpower reductions in one way or a other ( upgrades - battlegroup abilitys ) and have in general cheaper infantry.

A 100% static fight in cheat mod with UFK IS behind green cover on long range vs pzgren in green cover results in a devastating win for the UFK with keeping all 5 models and 60% hp. 300 mp pzgrens stand no chance against 260 mp IS on long range. Even if kar98 would suggest something else, it is better in close combat. So testing maybe pzgren vs 220 UFK pios?
Yep - same result. All 4 models still stand with nearly 50% hp while 300 mp pzgren had no chance in close combat behind green cover. It is just a static fight under perfect conditions. But in general, DAK just bleed manpower in general. You can go closer with pzgrens against IS but while getting close without cover you lose HP and there will be pios nearby or mg, which you need to avoid because you need to tech for nades and flameht vs mg doesnt work against brit because of the point above.
I made screenshots but dont see where to upload here.

So since release, DAK always tryed to reach fast as possible for a unit like flakht or 8rad to gaining the upper hand in the battle against infantry or keep up with it.

Only problem with that is, at this time in a 4on4, UKF will already have at least 3 boysat rifles.

To test it a bit more hardcore, i just made 2 boysat squads on autoattack move against a flakht on autoattack move. First shot on long range sets the flakht on 50% hp - they get pinned, still get the 2. shot out and the flakht is dead. ( both squads close together so they got suppressed both at the same time, which isnt realistically for a real match because a flakht can never suppress the squads fast enough if they are a bit split.
Staying on distance works fine vs bazookas but boysat rifles have a really got range. There is only a very close line between risking your flakht against boysat rifles or finally pinning enough to force a retreat.

If the flakht goes down, at this point you just chill and have basically won your part of the map - centaur call in will be ready soon and boysat deals with anything what a "light vehicle" faction can bring. And because your units do fine without costing that much - you can easly affort still more than the low effort buildorder of boysat + centaur.

To solve flakht - you need to solve the whole faction design.
flakht is without a doubt good and in good hands it can be a pain in the ass. But you walk all the time on a very thin beam if it is against UFK. Any mistake and your vehicle is gone. You can invest even more manpower into upgrades - smoke, more hp etc. and still ... 3 - 4 boysat squads at the wrong time and your vehicles are gone before you can even think about smoke.

Brother I haven't seen "3-4 boys at squad" blobs since a month after release. I can guarantee you that if you switch gears and get squad leader upgrade and an LMG34, you would wipe the fcking floor with 4 boys AT squads. Not even close (as long as they've got CA bonus, which U can give with an ambulance far outside the range of the boys' rifle).
25 Jan 2024, 08:23 AM

I'm not sure DAK wouldn't survive with a less oppressive FV, a unit that is well performing anti everything when it hit the field isn't good for balance, it leaves the faction forced to work around it in every match and leave the rest of the faction in bad state because of balance synergies.

I rather have it be much more dedicated AI and less able to counter LVs and buff jaeger AT back in the middle.
25 Jan 2024, 08:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jan 2024, 08:23 AMEsxile
I'm not sure DAK wouldn't survive with a less oppressive FV, a unit that is well performing anti everything when it hit the field isn't good for balance, it leaves the faction forced to work around it in every match and leave the rest of the faction in bad state because of balance synergies.

I rather have it be much more dedicated AI and less able to counter LVs and buff jaeger AT back in the middle.

The statement you've made here is very true, however its global problem.
Stuart.
Grayhound.
Wirbel.

They are all anchor units for respective factions.
Tho US actually does have here a lot of options, Grayhound remains the strongest one.

Brit needs to get BOYS and HMG and DAK is crippled against it, can't move in with infantry because mg, can't use other LVs because BOYS, which leaves either mortar spam or Flakvierling and following hit to the face by stuart.

DAK relies way too much on crutch shock unit like FV or l6, because infantry is horribly inefficient on its own and a manpower drain for a faction that is mp starved.
25 Jan 2024, 10:00 AM

Which shows the global issue, you're forced into LVs or dual atgun facing wirbel or FV because they completely negate infantry play around them.

Although I do not agree this patch DAK is helpless vs brit even without the FV, all those LVs need to step down, reduce M8 skirt buff, reduce FV being anti everything, reduce stuart AI and reduce wirbel health if the unit is to be considered as LV, with LV timing and LV price.
25 Jan 2024, 10:21 AM

coh2 M15A1 AA half truck is the same with coh3 flak truck,why players not compain it is imba?
maybe M15A1 is not a axis unit.

25 Jan 2024, 10:46 AM

Brother I haven't seen "3-4 boys at squad" blobs since a month after release. I can guarantee you that if you switch gears and get squad leader upgrade and an LMG34, you would wipe the fcking floor with 4 boys AT squads. Not even close (as long as they've got CA bonus, which U can give with an ambulance far outside the range of the boys' rifle).

played yesterday with rank12 brit in my team. guess what, end of the match he had 7 squads of IS with boys at and 3 centaurs. And thats the only way how he plays brits because i saw him already multible time.
He is place 12 with this gamestyle .... so i guess ;) seems this cheese works just fine.

It is easy to say "give them lmg and upgrades" :) as if DAK has against a good enemy enough manpower for every shit and enough ammo and the brit doesnt use any ressource lol? ... enjoy how this place 12 player wipes your inf with centauer and all your vehilces with boysat
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★