Login

russian armor

2v2 Advice for dealing with 2X DAK

27 Oct 2023, 12:32 PM

My partner and I usually play split USF/Brit. We're really struggling in the early game with 2X DAK matchups. Feels like the pgren blob/250 > AC/Halftrack is overpowering and we can't maintain decent map control. Fall behind on resources and then get swarmed by P3's before we can make enough tanks to fight back.

We've tried emphasizing suppression and/or rushing to Stewarts/M8/Chaffee but at best we end up stalemated for a bit and at worst we lose too much ground too early. Rushing BAR's for USF helps against infantry, but just delays vehicles so when the halftrack/AC hits it owns the map.

Just curious how others are handling this.

Thanks

27 Oct 2023, 13:26 PM

Get some Zooks/Boys AT rifles, USF Halftracks, Polsten, Humber, Dingo and so on. There are a plenty of options allies can handle DAK in early. Its just a l2p issue. Just dont be too agressive in early, when you see a 250 and get some support weapons. Spamming rifles doesnt work anymore, thats all. Has nothing to do with overpowering :)
27 Oct 2023, 17:06 PM

A properly supported M1 57mm will still give DAK LVs (yes even the Flakvierling) extremely serious problems unless they just ridiculously outmass you or negate its fire arcs somehow.

Chaffee is still great, just don't fall behind on map control (very doable as USF, UKF is so-so).

BARs are still very good, just can't expect Fire Superiority to walk over Pzgrens any more.

Brief reminder that Pzgrens are 300MP (elite pricing) vs Riflemen 260MP. Throw in the 200 MP VSL and there's a slight MP rebate of 1 model (28? MP) per pzgren squad. My point being that they are dangerous and durable infantry overall and thus require to be treated as such.
27 Oct 2023, 17:25 PM

Get some Zooks/Boys AT rifles, USF Halftracks, Polsten, Humber, Dingo and so on. There are a plenty of options allies can handle DAK in early. Its just a l2p issue. Just dont be too agressive in early, when you see a 250 and get some support weapons. Spamming rifles doesnt work anymore, thats all. Has nothing to do with overpowering :)

To be fair I'd never take advice from someone who has 99% axis playrate and a wehrmacht-general pfp

I didn't play CoH3 in a longer while but the data since the last patch speaks for itself, across all teamgame modes

DAK (yellow) winrate too high on average
27 Oct 2023, 22:52 PM

Like Aera said DAK was slightly overbuffed. At least Wehr and US both feel a lot weaker currently, brits arent as bad but still feel weaker as well

DAK just didnt need as much help as it got imo. If they wanted to buff that much stuff they should of refrained from some of the complimentary nerfs. Or vice versa
28 Oct 2023, 02:20 AM

Mistakes and misplays aside, what is the problem?

DAK effectively has no hard counters against support weapons early, besides clown car, so MGs work really good against them, if you can just protect them from 250 yollowing.

As usf you can either have zooks (T2 is piratically free to get, it wont delay anything that much), have paras with zooks, ssf or if you go for ISC mines which nuke pretty much all LVs.

As brits you can have boys or even rush AT gun.

Bottom line here is, IF you are struggling against DAK in early game, it means you are most likely trying to rely mainly on inf (in which case DAK is stronger) or your support weapons play could be improved a bit.

As for DAK rushing LVs, you need to a just your timings. Dealing with DAK LVs is a pain in the ass right now, but if they are able completely shut you down, its most likely problem on your end, not bringing counters in time.
28 Oct 2023, 03:39 AM

The data that shows them overperforming in all team modes? Right after a patch where they got buffed through the roof

They clearly needed some help but idk how anyone can read those notes and not immediately think "this might be too much"
28 Oct 2023, 09:23 AM

Spam MGs, support weapons and wait for the inevitable flamer clown car. If you manage to ambush it before it can do too much harm then you're in a good spot.
28 Oct 2023, 10:39 AM

Use british laser guided tanks or USF's 4th minute Quad rush and its done
28 Oct 2023, 11:12 AM

The data that shows them overperforming in all team modes? Right after a patch where they got buffed through the roof

They clearly needed some help but idk how anyone can read those notes and not immediately think "this might be too much"

For me its hard to say personally, because DAKs buffs were introduced alongside major Allies cheese nerfs.

2 main buffs for DAKs were pretty much free nades and stock PJs. Nades are ok-ish, but PJs right now clearly over-performing because they are too cheap. Well 8-rad also can be considered over-powered right now, but it was like this pretty much from the start, right now you just dont have an excuse saying that rest of the faction is shit.

As for allies, for the past few months USF was pooping out rifles, jeeps into E8 spam to victory. This was nerfed.

UFK pretty much abused stuarts to the death.

Both plays were low risk high reward, allowing weaker players to win against stronger ones, especially old DAK. Combine it with DAK buffs and you probably end up with stats like that.
28 Oct 2023, 14:38 PM

DAK effectively has no hard counters against support weapons early, besides clown car, so MGs work really good against them, if you can just protect them from 250 yollowing.

As usf you can either have zooks (T2 is piratically free to get, it wont delay anything that much), have paras with zooks, ssf or if you go for ISC mines which nuke pretty much all LVs.

As brits you can have boys or even rush AT gun.

Bottom line here is, IF you are struggling against DAK in early game, it means you are most likely trying to rely mainly on inf (in which case DAK is stronger) or your support weapons play could be improved a bit.

As for DAK rushing LVs, you need to a just your timings. Dealing with DAK LVs is a pain in the ass right now, but if they are able completely shut you down, its most likely problem on your end, not bringing counters in time.

I'm certain there is an aspect of "learn to play" here. Really looking forward to replay coming. In previous COH games that helped us troubleshoot a lot. We've clearly fallen into a rut and it's hard to figure out what to do without being able to go back and look at how the game played out.

MG's seem to have a very short window and then they just get overrun by the pgrens and they're done even if overlapped and supported by our own inf. We've pretty much shut down the clown cars with zooks/boys AT but the inf and halftrack are killers.

I appreciate all the constructive comments though. Definitely given me some food for thought. I do think our timings need to be adjusted. Also may need to look at using the US M1 Quad more. We seem to have moved away from using that unit much for some reason.
28 Oct 2023, 14:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2023, 14:38 PMHawk

I'm certain there is an aspect of "learn to play" here. Really looking forward to replay coming. In previous COH games that helped us troubleshoot a lot. We've clearly fallen into a rut and it's hard to figure out what to do without being able to go back and look at how the game played out.

There are replays but it needs a bit of a workaround. The last replay is still stored in the filepath (or equivalent) C:\Users\[Username]\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes 3\playback and you can copy + paste + rename them just like in COH2. temp.rec is still the last played game. Make sure to copy and save any replays you want to keep. Future games will overwrite the temp.rec file.

Here is a walkthrough of the method to see replays: https://www.reddit.com/r/CompanyOfHeroes/comments/11midvt/how_to_watch_coh3_replays_without_fow/

NB: To do playback on replays, replay filenames must be in a format with zero spaces

"USF replay.rec" is not fine
"USFreplay.rec" is fine
"USF_replay.rec" is fine

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2023, 14:38 PMHawk

Also may need to look at using the US M1 Quad more. We seem to have moved away from using that unit much for some reason.

Use of the Quad went off a cliff after the big 76mm Sherman nerfs and ppl migrated to the EZ8s. No longer was the MSC a meta pick and ppl could use ISC or ASC instead.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★