Login

russian armor

Advanced Optics

9 Oct 2023, 18:03 PM

Why was this added? Pure cancer in team games

Like ALL vehicles getting it seems completely insane. Make it a muni upgrade for certain vehicles if anything, but it should also prob be tied to a BG. I think its wild that they added this among all the other buffs, but I could be overreacting
10 Oct 2023, 10:20 AM

I can't see much of a problem because most vehicles don't have very much sight anyway. E.g. P3 has a sight of 37,5 which gets increased to 47,5 but only if it stands still. Thats not a matter.

DAK is the only faction with no real reconnaisance, no flares and no planes. And the upgrade is behind T3 so it only comes in late game. And on top of that, 250mp is still much for DAK.

I am a top 10 DAK player and a have never really purchased the advanced optic since release. Getting another P3 is better ;-)
10 Oct 2023, 13:36 PM

10 Oct 2023, 13:46 PM

Why was this added? Pure cancer in team games

I feel the same way about flares :D
10 Oct 2023, 16:21 PM

I can't see much of a problem because most vehicles don't have very much sight anyway. E.g. P3 has a sight of 37,5 which gets increased to 47,5 but only if it stands still. Thats not a matter.

P3 isnt rly the issue, more annoyed by marders basically being able to self-spot

DAK is the only faction with no real reconnaisance, no flares and no planes. And the upgrade is behind T3 so it only comes in late game. And on top of that, 250mp is still much for DAK.

That's why i suggested making it a muni upgrade on certain units. Hell maybe just another upgrade package for the 250 HT

I am a top 10 DAK player and a have never really purchased the advanced optic since release. Getting another P3 is better ;-)

Fair enough, out of curiosity do you play team games or 1v1? Or both

I'm almost exclusively a team game player, and in team games its easier to afford imo. THe games also tend to go later
10 Oct 2023, 16:22 PM

I feel the same way about flares :D

Oh dont get me started on flares. But at this point i think they are here to stay
10 Oct 2023, 19:35 PM

I'm almost exclusively a team game player, and in team games its easier to afford imo. THe games also tend to go later

This
10 Oct 2023, 22:22 PM

AO WOULD be a serious problem if DAK had something analogous to the old range 70 tank destroyers, but it doesn't have that. Marder IIIs are a sluggish shadow of what they once were, so not really an issue IMHO. Additionally, range 45 assault guns/TDs are a far cry from the range 60 TD meta of COH2, nvm after the vehicle manoeuvrability changes across-the-board.

I will say that there is a possible exception, where the Tiger is now self-spotting and can camp VPs.....but these are very old and well known tactics.
11 Oct 2023, 02:48 AM

AO WOULD be a serious problem if DAK had something analogous to the old range 70 tank destroyers, but it doesn't have that. Marder IIIs are a sluggish shadow of what they once were, so not really an issue IMHO. Additionally, range 45 assault guns/TDs are a far cry from the range 60 TD meta of COH2, nvm after the vehicle manoeuvrability changes across-the-board.

I will say that there is a possible exception, where the Tiger is now self-spotting and can camp VPs.....but these are very old and well known tactics.

I dont think its as bad as coh2 at all. But that rly doesnt mean much for coh3, i still think it applying to EVERY vehicle is a bit much for 250mp. Yes its DAK were talking about but like i said i think youll only see it in longer team games where the price becomes almost irrelevant

Marders in groups still feel plenty strong to me in team games
11 Oct 2023, 07:53 AM

Oh dont get me started on flares. But at this point i think they are here to stay

Yay. Someone else who finds them obnoxious. Hi Friend!
13 Oct 2023, 00:00 AM

Yay. Someone else who finds them obnoxious. Hi Friend!

I dont think its a small group, spec ops flares in coh2 had a large number of haters

But flares in general are still silly. Using them in daytime for recon just looks dumb, i dont care if its a video game lol
14 Oct 2023, 14:21 PM

P3 isnt rly the issue, more annoyed by marders basically being able to self-spot

That's why i suggested making it a muni upgrade on certain units. Hell maybe just another upgrade package for the 250 HT

Fair enough, out of curiosity do you play team games or 1v1? Or both

Marder III has only 35 sight range so its even worse than P3. And with 50 firingrange it still can't self spot with scopes. On top of that, max range accuracy was heavily nerfed with last patch, so Marder have a chance of missing 60% of their shots at max range. Still cannot find an issue.

And I am a 2v2 player :)
14 Oct 2023, 17:14 PM

On top of that, max range accuracy was heavily nerfed with last patch, so Marder have a chance of missing 60% of their shots at max range.

60% chance of missing??? Against what target?

A marder has an 80% chance of hitting a sherman at max range rn. The Jeep is the closest to what you describe, with a marder having a 42% of hitting at max range. But its a jeep.... Not sure how you got that number
14 Oct 2023, 17:33 PM

60% chance of missing??? Against what target?

A marder has an 80% chance of hitting a sherman at max range rn. The Jeep is the closest to what you describe, with a marder having a 42% of hitting at max range. But its a jeep.... Not sure how you got that number

GENERAL BALANCE CHANGES

Accuracy Changes

We have standardized accuracy across the board for the various tank guns. We have noted that our tank guns were too accurate at maximum range. This resulted in situations where vehicles chasing at maximum range would often land their shots while on the move, more than intended, especially after the fix to projectiles that made it easier for scatter hits to avoid low obstacles.

76mm halftrack and 221 Panzerbüchse accuracy set 0.1/0.055/0.045
Anti-armor vehicle accuracy set to 1/0.05/0.04
Crusader II and III accuracy set to 0.1/0.05/0.04
General medium, heavy and light tank accuracy set to 0.075/0.0475/0.035
Hellcat, Marder III and variants accuracy set to 0.1/0.055/0.4
Sherman 76mm accuracy set to 0.1/0.05/0.04

If Marder's long range accuracy is set to 0.4 then its 0.6 chance to miss. And it does. Just play it and see.
14 Oct 2023, 17:49 PM

If Marder's long range accuracy is set to 0.4 then its 0.6 chance to miss. And it does. Just play it and see.

That's not how chance to hit is calculated. You're ignoring the target size of what the marder is shooting at

Also .4 is definitely a typo. It should be .04

.04 x 20 (target size of a sherman) = .8
14 Oct 2023, 18:18 PM

.4 is definitely a typo. It should be .04

That's not even to mention the fact that if it actually was .4 with a 60% chance to miss that would still make it 10x more accurate at range than nearly all the other tanks listed xDD
14 Oct 2023, 18:31 PM

That's not even to mention the fact that if it actually was .4 with a 60% chance to miss that would still make it 10x more accurate at range than nearly all the other tanks listed xDD

Exactly lol
15 Oct 2023, 11:33 AM

It could see it getting nerfed slightly, but for me Advanced Optics isn't really that obnoxious.

However that huge vision buff for the Ketten definitely is. No idea what they were thinking as it doesn't even need to be unlocked. At the very least, it could start much smaller and then gradually increase with Vet? Coupled with its stealth it definitely feels a bit unfair, particularly on the more laney maps. Sorry, I know this was slightly off-topic.
17 Oct 2023, 04:24 AM

I could be wrong about this being broken. Willing to admit that. Can someone actually expalin why it was needed in the first place tho?

The recon tractor is stock. Feels like mostly a team game unit, but so does this upgrade
17 Oct 2023, 05:04 AM

Can someone actually expalin why it was needed in the first place tho?

Because relic removed nade upgrade and because relic cant think of anything better to replace it with. Its a definition of filler.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★