Login

russian armor

Is it impossible to consider another COH2 patch?

12 Sep 2023, 17:48 PM

Given Coh2 has continued to surge in popularity as Coh3 has dropped off more and more, are we at the point where another small patch could be a possibility? Im not talking anything insane, just small adjustments, we all know the candidates: Small rifle buff, small path nerf as most obvious two.

If its kept minimal and simple, cant be so hard to implement, test put into effect?
13 Sep 2023, 09:39 AM

Its not hard it is expensive, especially since COH patches have a tendency to of ninja changes that require hot fixes afterwards.
13 Sep 2023, 11:51 AM

Relic has made it very clear that they will not make any employees available for CoH2 patches in the future.

Even if the community created the whole patch by itself somehow -which is hard, as you need people who are extremely proficient with the Attribute Editor and the mod tools- you'd still need Relic for the actual implementation on the live server and then weeks or months of maintenance & bugfixes.

So no, will never happen
13 Sep 2023, 15:30 PM

Fair enough, thats understandable. I think i was under the impression that the last few patches were almost independant of Relic.
13 Sep 2023, 18:12 PM
Donator 11

It makes 0 business sense for them to not try to save CoH 3.

CoH 2 is a masterpiece how it is. It is not going to get fixed with more balance changes. If 10 years of balance patches and even community trying to do it didn't help, then there's nothing left to do to the game.

Game is very balanced imo, too symmetrical and balanced imo
14 Sep 2023, 18:39 PM

Considering they didn't even do anything for the game's 10th Year Anniversary which was on June 25th of this year I doubt there will be anything else honestly.

I'm actually pretty surprised that nobody else seems to have noticed this as well, I thought there'd be more of an uproar or something that they've forgotten.

16 Sep 2023, 18:29 PM

I'm actually pretty surprised that nobody else seems to have noticed this as well, I thought there'd be more of an uproar or something that they've forgotten.

If ppl had any rage left to share they wouldve. But a few months of coh3 burned us out lol

Jk but thats a interesting point. Maybe thats the date they shouldve released coh3...
21 Sep 2023, 17:05 PM

Ha! Well with coh3 floundering and coh2's popularity if anything surging, they are probably too embarrased to reinforce / highlight this fact.
24 Sep 2023, 09:28 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I really want to see some technical update for the game. With bugfixing, code optimization, additional modtools and updated UI (including art assets updated for 2k and higher resolutions, and standartsized among factions). Maybe models update for EFA, and new models for added in 2018+ units

Some refreshment for the balance will be good as well, but only in terms of reimplemented (and adjusted) mechanics, like blizard, dirt, snow and etc.

Suddenly, as aerafield said, it's 99,(9)% that it will never happen. Unless they decide to make a remaster somewhere in 20XX :lol:
28 Sep 2023, 17:32 PM

Considering they didn't even do anything for the game's 10th Year Anniversary which was on June 25th of this year I doubt there will be anything else honestly.

What can we expect from the studio if, for their gratitude to the community, they are not even able to make several new models for the VDV? Jeez, spend a few days or two to make unique models and parachute animation. Moreover, it was their own initiative in gratitude, but this gratitude looks like a mod for the game.
23 Nov 2023, 01:49 AM

elic so stupid
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight